• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S4 |OT| Think Fast

Johndoey

Banned
The Speedforce is the real jobber tbh. Some dude with weird shit on his head is out here punking it's main man like nothing. Speedforce ain't shit.

I liked the opening to this season. Sure there was a few things left unspoken for, unless I missed those few details, but still pretty solid. So I can't wait for the next episode

carlsojo

Good first episode.

I get the sense that the Thinker is acting from the future. Like he sent that Samuroid back in time.

Something is off with Barry. He looked like the Reverse Flash when his eyes turned red before he wrecked the lab. Maybe they're sharing a body?

When he was rattling off crazy lines, it sounded like they were from various points in the past and future. (Past)"Maybe I'm not like you Oliver." (Future)"Your Honor, I didn't kill him."

Ecliptor

This shows use of super speed continues to make me confused. How is a robot at normal speed keeping up with Wally? Why would Wally be in danger of getting shot by a regular gun? I have a a feeling most of this seasons is gonna be most of this even though Barry is faster than ever.

I hated this part.

The episode was boring as was most of last season, but, I have high hopes in The Thinker.

This is going to play a huge part for..... The first half of this season? I'm awaiting my training montages now!
I think they mentioned that this season wont be about going faster or getting faster for Barry. They also described The Thinker as thinking just as fast as Barry can run or something like that. The fastest man alive against the fastest mind alive.

Shauni

The thing that frustrates me the most about this is that we left the last season with a perfect set up to have cake and eat it, too. Hunter was killed off, so the Speedforce needed a new Black Flash. So here we have the perfect Black Flash replacement in Barry, and you could have some plot point where the Speedforce allows Barry to come out and help the team just without being hands on. So you get to keep Barry, you get the team on their own struggling to keep up, and Wally growing into his own. And it doesn't even shatter the status quo that significantly and sets up perfectly for some major event to ease Barry back into the forefront mid or end season.

It like wrote itself lol. I mean I don't even think this was bad or anything, but still.

ZeroX03

The thing that frustrates me the most about this is that we left the last season with a perfect set up to have cake and eat it, too. Hunter was killed off, so the Speedforce needed a new Black Flash. So here we have the perfect Black Flash replacement in Barry, and you could have some plot point where the Speedforce allows Barry to come out and help the team just without being hands on. So you get to keep Barry, you get the team on their own struggling to keep up, and Wally growing into his own. And it doesn't even shatter the status quo that significantly and sets up perfectly for some major event to ease Barry back into the forefront mid or end season.

It like wrote itself lol. I mean I don't even think this was bad or anything, but still.

....what

This most certainly does not write itself

Also Hunter is still Black Flash

The Flash writers seem terrified of having mini-arcs or making Wally good at his job

Thank god for the Legends writers

Ganhyun

I got some crazy errors related to CW's website right after I finished up the episode earlier. Hopefully it does not last long!

it finally loaded, but took a full minute to load and wont play any videos. Not sure whats up, but guess no Flash tonight for me.

Shauni

....what

This most certainly does not write itself

Also Hunter is still Black Flash

Hunter died at the end of season 3 in the ice stuff. What is wrong at all with what I wrote? I feel like it's a pretty natural way from where we left season 3, or was until now obviously.

Due to Speed Force™️ and Iris Force(pending trademark) Barry was able to destroy the metahuman containment cell. That part was.... Cool and odd, I guess? That's one part that is accurate to the comics?

Had a think about it, and I ain't feeling that premiere.

It wasn't bad, it's just that it didn't do much for building any intrigue or excitement going forward.

Also, the new Flash suit is trash tier, same as the old.

Toa TAK

Banned
I like the new suit.

Good opening, don't see the point of the "Beautiful Mind" crap, but hopefully that's left behind. The chase across the wind turbine field was inspired, I thought, and I'm glad we didn't see him get beaten by the dumbass samurai that looks like he could've come from another tv show. I also hope this is the last time we're dealing with Speedforce in a significant way.

Cool to see Iris leading the team in the beginning. Hopefully they can keep her interesting for the rest of the season.

This show is worse than suicide squad and Avengers 2 for me at this point

Like yeah seeing the characters again in the new season is comforting but God damn that was terrible lol. Barry's cheesy "Rain Man" performance was the icing on the cake

And then the way he gets his memory back lmao

Let's not even mention caitlyns hulk quote God damn

This was my own take on Savitar's prophecy last season (which still holds up):

"One shall betray you" (the TV executives for Flash, as they make the show more unnecessarily dark)
"One shall fall" (the CW network, as fans realize we're just getting the same shows over and over again)
"One will suffer a fate worse than death" (the viewers, as we will still keep watching)

Pics_nao

Well, uh, the episode was something I guess. Not looking to hot so far. Gonna be a masochist and check it out every week

Top Bottom