• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

wachie

Cook needs to go, especially after his sour stupid remarks and coming off like a really sore loser. Time for Root to take the reigns.

I left the room and missed Hazelwood's 2, left the room and missed Birds and now I just missed Starc's. If I go down the shops Pakistan might be forced to follow on and be all out again.

Edit: Ok, I saw that one sort of, I was writing this post!

You can make fun of Warnie as a bit of a cashed-up Bogan, but you can never doubt his cricket knowledge.

With Warnie you just have to ask one question - Is he talking about leg-spin?

If yes - Listen intently and take notes.

If no - Stick the TV on mute.

Everything else he says and does is either self-promotion or pursuing vendettas, either his own or on behalf of a mate. e.g. His non-stop criticism of everything Cook and England did that summer when Strauss told Pietersen he wasn't being recalled to the England team.

haha, Healy starts wetting himself over the prospect of a Pakistan win and a wicket next ball.

With Warnie you just have to ask one question - Is he talking about leg-spin?

If yes - Listen intently and take notes.

If no - Stick the TV on mute.

Everything else he says and does is either self-promotion or pursuing vendettas, either his own or on behalf of a mate. e.g. His non-stop criticism of everything Cook and England did that summer when Strauss told Pietersen he wasn't being recalled to the England team.

He was talking about Lyon bowling last night. Lyon was aiming for the big obvious footmark on the stumps while Warne was saying the target should have been the one shorter, fainter and outside of off as it would produce variable spin. Lyon bowls 3 into the wider footmark, one holds it's line and the batter nicks it to slip.

Rezbit

Australia are going to lose? Well that's pretty embarrassing. Seem to have a habit of being on the wrong end of records though.

Fuck me that LBW and review

20eSveM.gif

Rezbit

I didn't get to see much over the past 2 days, but any time I saw Smith today he looked like he was shitting himself - don't think I've ever seen a cricket player more visibly nervous.

Anyway, Pakistan have done a great job ensuring interest in the boxing day test!

Amazing innings from Karun Nair against England. Scores 17 runs in his first two tests and then hits 303 not out in his 3rd! Joins Sobers and Bob Simpson as the only players to make their first century a triple.

Hope for Nic Maddinson yet.

legend166

All that and England could still will? 280 on the last day. How's the pitch playing?

Surely England will go for the win? Who cares if you lose 3-0 or 4-0?

All that and England could still will? 280 on the last day. How's the pitch playing?

Surely England will go for the win? Who cares if you lose 3-0 or 4-0?

India still have an innings in hand, England are only really playing for a draw.

Edit: Hilton Cartwright added to the Test Squad

200.gif

Top Bottom