• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Cruise wants to thank you for seeing Top Gun Maverick

nocsi

Won't be able to watch it until it's on Paramount+ on December 22, so no need to thank me yet tom

Saw it twice in the theater and hoping I get the 4K blu ray for Christmas.

Also Tom is a fucking nut job and a legend lmao
I bought the 4k movie already when it launched. I didn't know at the time, but for literally $5 more I could had got the double pack 4k editions of Top Gun and Top Gun Maverick. So look into that if youre interested in the original film.

ADiTAR

I like Tom Cruise, and I liked the original Top Gun a lot. I thought the new one was just ok, didn't really give me the feels like the original and also didn't like that they got an AC so there was never sweat in it. Plus, calling the enemy "the enemy" was a 'lil silly.

Editaur

I think we are going to see a lot more money being pushed into this direction.

Entertainment (and some media) is slowly going back to a more modern approach.

*Just my 2 cents.

Kadve

Sure Cruise even if i admit to not liking it that much. The final act tone shift came out of nowhere and not being American the rampant patriotism got on my nerves a bit. Nice way to write Iceman into the story though,

Last edited:

Ownage

Did he have a mouth guard in his mouth? His vocal audio sounded muffled. The interior audio for the MI director sounded clear.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Last movie i watched with cruise was probably war of the worlds or tropic thunder.

Last edited:

lachesis

What a bad ass dude. Long time ago, I just thought he's just another pretty face actor, but he turned out to be a lot more. Certainly appeased to that action and adrenaline rush movies, which tend to be looked down upon on artistic gurus - even though he did his share of those too. (Like Jerry McGuire and A few good men).

Kudos to him. He's known for his impeccable, professional fan service visiting foreign countries. He is a true movie star - and I just feel bad that he's also getting old like rest of us, and there aren't that many like him left anymore.

I would gladly give 10 years of my life if it meant Tom Cruise could get 10 years younger. We need to be working with China on cloning him at the very least. I don't care how many clones prove to be unviable as long as we get one "working" clone.

FunkMiller

Scientology: turns you into a fucking nutcase, but helps you jump off extremely high shit.

Seth Meyers Weighing Options GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Top Bottom