• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

njp142 said:
Wouldn't it have to be better than Eternal Darkness's 92% for it to be your best game like you claimed, since this is the chosen metric?

Amir0x said:
His game sucks.

So a Metascore below 92% means a game sucks?

Mass Effect has a 91, Uncharted 88, those are not two of the best games this generation, they suck.

Speevy said:
No one outside of gaming forumdom cares about too human. Its one chance at success resides with making it look like a badass action title with lots of scifi neon greens and blues comprising what I'm loosely calling the art design. And that only rings true because it's on the xbox 360, where bad games can accidentally break a million.

You are full of shit, you know that?

I've seen better posters get banned for less.

Flavius

BudokaiMR2 said:
This is such a silly thread.

Is this really how we want them to stimulate 'communication'. He is just basically baiting trolls.

Why are some of you people encouraging this behavior?

As I have said before he would have gotten big props(from me at least) if he actually decided to come in and give us some interesting info about the game or even the upcoming demo. Or opened up a discussion to quell the fears that the multiplayer balance is not going to suffer because of the cut back to four players. I would have happily participated in such a thread if he came in with a well thought out post which defended and backed up his game that he is working so hard on.

But instead we get this

The problem is that you (and others) have convinced yourself that you really care what type of person Denis Dyack is and that it really matters as far as how he conducts himself.

The truth is that none of you will give a fuck once the game is released. If it's good, it's good. If it sucks, it sucks...and you'll all come running to declare that he got his just desserts. Denis' antics can't hurt the sales of Too Human, they can only help. Worst case scenario, they're simply ineffective.

xbhaskarx

Speevy said:
No one outside of gaming forumdom cares about too human. Its one chance at success resides with making it look like a badass action title with lots of scifi neon greens and blues comprising what I'm loosely calling the art design. And that only rings true because it's on the xbox 360, where bad games can accidentally break a million.

Speevy
(neutral)
Junior Sonybot in training

Yeah Dyack was totally off the mark when he said that many of the Too Human trolls are Sony fanboys...

Speevy said:

Wow you are just an embarressment to everyone on this forum. Yeah Xbox 360 fans have shit tastes in games.

Speevy said:

Wow you are just an embarressment to everyone on this forum. Yeah Xbox 360 fans have shit taste in games.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
rockman zx said:
I can´t belive this thread was started by a developer.

Dereksmart.jpg

+
Denis_dyack_on_too_human.jpg

+
the guy who made
256px-swordofthestarsbox.jpg

=

The Power Trio

Flavius

einhard said:
Thats a fair point, Denis did a really good job of taking advantage of the increased awareness to let alot of new people know what Too Human is, what it does differently and why they should by it. He truly is master of forum.

You're making me feel like a fucking parrot here.

For the umpteenth time, I'm not saying that the guy is a brilliant marketer. I'm not saying that he's doing the right thing. Rather, I am pointing at the elephant in the room and saying this is his intent in making the thread and the people who are bitching about what a stupid move it is on his part do not diminish the thread's effectiveness.

Do you really think that guy/girl who got/is going to get you to spend all your money on him/her and ultimately left you feeling unsatisfied/crying/with a case of the blue balls is a member of Mensa???

Once again, you don't have to be a genius or a "master of [the] forum" to be an effective manipulator.

And with that...g'night folks. Have fun.

Sinnoch

Banned
Speevy said:

Your agenda gets real old, don't you ever get tired?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Speevy said:
Get off you fucking high horse. People put up with you because every now and then your fanboyism is hilarious in a pathetic kind of way, but sometimes you even miss that mark.

Pachael

What would be great is if this thread was used in verbatim in Too Human as a readable terminal to explain how vacuous discussion on the Internet can be with words written by people anonymously, thus making us all too human.

Replicant

Dear Dennis,

Next time try the poll. It'll be far more effective (even if it's still not representative of people who'd look at your game). But keep up the embarrassing speech. It's been precious so far. :D

jacobs34

Wow, it took me about an hour, but I finally caught up with this thread.

I love how riled up Gaf gets when someone calls it out. The fact that game developers and fanboys get to mix it up on this forum makes for constant amusement and entertainment. Denis, I see what you are doing, and it is genius.

Gaf, except for a minority of the posters in this thread, you are trying to hard.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
So, "sucks" and "shitty"... what is that, like a 60 Metascore and below?
Just like... Lair and Haze?

this is just going round in circles.

Can we just have Evil restate the bet but with a more realistic score that at least makes the bet fun?

90 - is obviously way too high

80 seems to be a fair mark for good

if we want "shitty" then it's 60

70-75?

Atlantic

Haven't followed the 6+ year dev, but what's been shown with names attatched warrants enough attention. Hopeful as always (for gaming in general), FOR.

And Speevy fuckin' kills once again.

Chrange

Banned
JohnTinker said:
I'm sure this is a proud day for all Silicon Knights employees, to have such a wise captain at the helm of the ship.

Much like GAF should be proud to have such professional and unbiased moderators? I mean declaring unilaterally that the game "sucks" is top-shelf stuff.

Speevy

Banned
Holy crap.

I DID NOT say that Xbox 360 owners have shit taste.

I said Xbox 360 is the only console where a game of questionable quality could thrive. Just as one of exceptional quality could.

If you're going after me, at least understand what I'm saying. I would NEVER insult an entire group of console owners. I would mock Too Human.

Speevy said:
I said Xbox 360 is the only console where a game of questionable quality could thrive. Just as one of exceptional quality could.

Honestly I don't even care if you are being ironic or not. Is making obviously stupid comments to get a rise out of people supposed to be clever? Its pathetic, so well done on making this thread even more of an embrassment.

Speevy

Banned
TheHeretic said:
Honestly I don't even care if you are being ironic or not. Is making obviously stupid comments to get a rise out of people supposed to be clever? Its pathetic, so well done on making this thread even more of an embrassment.

Not trying to be clever or get a rise out of anyone. Does this thread look like it needs more Too Human hate?

I just take serious exception to the idea of this thread as a genius PR tool. There's no genius in this thread's inception.

Speevy said:
Not trying to be clever or get a rise out of anyone. Does this thread look like it needs more Too Human hate?

I just take serious exception to the idea of this thread as a genius PR tool. There's no genius in this thread's inception.

The OP is about a thousand times less retarded than the two comments you just made. There may not be any genius there but there sure as hell isn't any with you either.

xbhaskarx

Speevy said:

Did this thread need more hate before your previous comment?

Speevy said:

Speevy

Banned
Death_Born said:

Well those games only sell well by the standard of their budgets.

If someone's going to disagree that Too Human has a fighting chance because of the Xbox 360 owner's insatiable appetite for games, fine. But the numbers don't lie.

Speevy

Banned
TheHeretic said:
The OP is about a thousand times less retarded than the two comments you just made. There may not be any genius there but there sure as hell isn't any with you either.

I'm hurt that you don't find me clever or a genius. I guess I'll just have to go back to being a bad poster, disturbing others with rancid opinions.

What will make this even worse is that Too Human is like the only major release in August, so all the attention will be on that, and this whole fiasco.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Flavius said:
You're making me feel like a fucking parrot here.

For the umpteenth time, I'm not saying that the guy is a brilliant marketer. I'm not saying that he's doing the right thing. Rather, I am pointing at the elephant in the room and saying this is his intent in making the thread and the people who are bitching about what a stupid move it is on his part do not diminish the thread's effectiveness.

Do you really think that guy/girl who got/is going to get you to spend all your money on him/her and ultimately left you feeling unsatisfied/crying/with a case of the blue balls is a member of Mensa???

Once again, you don't have to be a genius or a "master of [the] forum" to be an effective manipulator.

And with that...g'night folks. Have fun.
This thread will only be effective at making people who were only skeptical actively want to see the game fail. When this game is released its flaws will be magnified and any great features will be trivialized at GAF, and thanks to the news this thread is generating, it's possible that sentiment could spread.

godhandiscen

Speevy said:
Holy crap.

If you're going after me, at least understand what I'm saying. I would NEVER insult an entire group of console owners. I would mock Too Human.
I don't think anybody here is ofended, neither going against you. We are just tired.
Also, are you really going to tell us that games of questionable quality only thrive on the 360? As if the same doesn't happen with the PS3 and Wii? :lol

What you mentioned happens in all consoles with the same incidence. That you choose to believe otherwise is your problem.

Personally, I like Denis - he is passionate and that is what matters. And, since this is a self promotional thread, can I just mention that we have a very nice and revealing Dyack interview going live on the NEWLY REDESIGNED Kikizo.com within the next couple of weeks. Thank you.

nerbo

Speevy said:

That is some amazing bullshit right there. You should head up a road show. :lol

Cheerilee

FightyF said:
What I find interesting is that the mods here are shying away from his bet. His terms for the bet are in recognition of NeoGAF's attitude towards the game and the acceptance of trolling for his game only. NeoGAF is a highly respected forum, one reason being due to the moderation and the great jobs the mods do. The attitude towards TH is a very notable exception here.

Again, a summary of this situation:
GAF mods: Game is gonna be shit, troll to your hearts content guys
Dyack: It's not going to be shit. If it is, change my tag
GAF mods: Ok, the deal is the game has to be STELLAR, if not you have to donate $1000.

Dennis may accept because he's a great guy...but I don't think it's fair. The whole reason why he called this particular forum out (he could be ANY forum $1000 that it will get over 90%) is because of the manner this forum has treated him and his game. Any bet should recognize that.
Denis challenged one mildly bad tag (which would cover up his already bad tag) against half the forum.

The mods wanted clearer rules/terms, and said that mass-tags were unreasonable.

Denis made it clear that he was a manly man and didn't care about the terms.

Ideas were tossed around, and the mods decided that "I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this." meant 90% on Metacritic, and offered up clear terms and more than $1000.

Denis shied away from both the $1000 and the 90%. No counter-offer (unless you count Lair/Haze).

Speevy

Banned
godhandiscen said:
I don't think anybody here is ofended, neither going against you. We are just tired.
Also, are you really going to tell us that games of questionable quality only thrive on the 360? As if the same doesn't happen with the PS3 and Wii? :lol

What you mentioned happens in all consoles with the same incidence. That you choose to believe otherwise is your problem.

No, I think it may happen on other consoles. But there's selling surprisingly well, and there's having an obscene number of million sellers. Again, who's going to argue with the Xbox 360's phenomenal software sales?

All I said was this.

Too Human doesn't look too hot.

But even so, it could be saved if Xbox 360 owners buy it up. Just like they bought great games like Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo 3, Mass Effect, etc.

If it were scheduled for release on the PS3, I don't think it would stand nearly as great a chance of selling well.

You may disagree with my criticism of Too Human, and you may think I'm a Sony/PS3 fanboy. But I wasn't really trying to convey the two ideas at once in this thread.

Also, why do so many people have a ready-made assessment of gaming forum personalities, whether it's "I always love your posts." or "You're the worst poster ever." It's a little weird, no offense.

godhandiscen

KyotoMecca said:
Personally, I like Denis - he is passionate and that is what matters. And, since this is a self promotional thread, can I just mention that we have a very nice and revealing Dyack interview going live on the NEWLY REDESIGNED Kikizo.com within the next couple of weeks. Thank you.
:lol awesome self promotion.

xbhaskarx

Amir0x said:
But if he is confident in his product, than we should meet halfway between shitty and great no? 75%-80%?

Okay then.
Will Dyack agree to this? 75 and below Dyack loses, 80 and above the relevant GAF mods lose?

Vinci

Danish
Well, Denis, I loved ED. LOVED it.

I'll vote 'For' on this one, though I expect it to get absolutely ripped a new one when it releases due to backlash-mad fanboys.

A year later, there'll be a 'LTTP: Too Human' thread in which everyone agrees it's good and people hug and say, "I hope their next game is as good if not better than this one!"

pswii60

Speevy said:
Holy crap.

HAZE did pretty well on PS3. And I don't need to go through some of the questionable Wii games that have done well. I don't see how 360 is any different.

xbhaskarx

Speevy said:
I would NEVER insult an entire group of console owners. I would mock Too Human.

Speevy said:

Jesus, can you even be consistent from like one minute to the next?

godhandiscen

Speevy said:
No, I think it may happen on other consoles. But there's selling surprisingly well, and there's having an obscene number of million sellers. Again, who's going to argue with the Xbox 360's phenomenal software sales?

All I said was this.

Too Human doesn't look too hot.

But even so, it could be saved if Xbox 360 owners buy it up. Just like they bought great games like Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo 3, Mass Effect, etc.

If it were scheduled for release on the PS3, I don't think it would stand nearly as great a chance of selling well.

You may disagree with my criticism of Too Human, and you may think I'm a Sony/PS3 fanboy. But I wasn't really trying to convey the two ideas at once in this thread.

Also, why do so many people have a ready-made assessment of gaming forum personalities, whether it's "I always love your posts." or "You're the worst poster ever." It's a little weird, no offense.
Everything sells according to its ratio. Do you think a game like R&C or MotorStorm would have even hit the top 10 of the 360 charts? There is more competition on the 360 side. Yes, its true there is a higuer userbase, and a title has to be a total piece of crap to sell below 200k units, but its not like any title from the PS3 or Wii would even be popular on the 360. For example, a game like Resistance would have been forgotten long time ago on the 360, and wouldnt even have half its userbase since it wouldn't be a pack in that came with every other console. Thats called competition. If Too Human was to be released on the PS3, right now Kittonwy would have an official thread of anticipation, and you would be kissing Denis' ass. Also, since Sony has a drought from here until LBP, R2, most likely Too Human would be amazingly anticipated. Isnt that the truth?
pswii60 said:
HAZE did pretty well on PS3. And I don't need to go through some of the questionable Wii games that have done well. I don't see how 360 is any different.
Evidence that supports my post. I remember there was even a thread with people who claimed the demo was amazingly solid and had graphics like Crysis. :lol

SickBoy

I just want to chime in that I've got this game preordered (paid in full via an EB Games trade-in deal) and I'm so unconvinced that it's a good idea. The Diablo-ness sounds awesome. But the last video I watched makes me nervous that it's going to just annoy the hell out of me.

EDIT: So I wouldn't want to be counted either way in this thread.

Speevy

Banned
pswii60 said:
I don't see how 360 is any different.

Like I said, count the million sellers. It's quite a bit different.

If it's a PS2 port from Ubisoft, that hardly needs to sell very much to be considered successful.

Also, Haze bombed.

verio

xbhaskarx said:
Okay then.
Will Dyack agree to this? 75 and below Dyack loses, 80 and above the relevant GAF mods lose?

With comments like...

I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made.

...anything less than, at least, a meta of 85% would prove to be a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom