• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trance Music |OT| #trancefamily

Ashhong

Awesome thanks, it was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9emSkw6fhpk

Love that little melody it has and then the synths. Woooo

Has everybody seen the Dreamstate lineup for CA? My God. I can't fucking wait! Tickets on sale tomorrow

ba4fDFC.png

Ferr986

Guess Markus has good taste :D

Got my Dreamstate tickets!!! Can't believe I'm finally going to see Gouryella. I cant fucking wait. I hope he releases these updated versions of his songs soon. Walhalla 2015 is just perfection.

Small part of his Tomorrowland set

http://www.livetracklist.com/ferry-corsten-gouryella-tomorrowland-belgium-2016/

Oh man, you're lucky, enjoy!

I really, really wish I could go to a Gouryella gig. Gouryella is what got me into Trance (it was hearing Tenshi in some random tape from my sister, didn't even know what was that and I spent weeks searching for it lol).

I agree the new Walhalla sounds way better than the original! Tenshi though, I like the original better. And Neba grew on me a lot, like it more than Anahera now.

Gav

Was at Trancecoda the other week, Stadium4 were absolutely phenomenal. Hadnt seen Lange play in a couple of years, so i was very much looking forward to it, and they didnt disappoint. Thoroughly nice guy, too!
Craig Connelly was the first DJ of the night, and for a warm up set there was so much energy. His last track was a belter. Apparently he only finished it that week and it will be a while before release.
Mark Sherry was awesome, as was Will Atkinson. I skipped Oakenfold to see a local DJ in room 2, and glad i did. Uplifting track after track.
I did go to say hi to Oakenfold and noticed he must be a bit of a germophobe. No handshakes - fistbumps only, and then he anti bacterial wiped every surface before starting.

Gatecrasher this weekend! Very excited to see Factor B for the first time. And, of course, Solarstone for the 20th time or so - i should probably keep count!

Then:
- FSOE450 in Macnhester for A&F, Gouryella, PureNRG and a massive list of others.
- ITWT festival at ADE Amsterdam - Menno, Stadium4, JOC and 3 stages of others.
- Pure Trance at ADE Amsteram (little bit excited for this one)
- Trancecodas 3rd Birthday- Ottaviani, MORPH, Factor B and loads more.

Will see what else i can squeeze in, too. Been an amazing year so far.

jambo

Awesome event on AH.FM right now!

http://ah.fm/player/

RC1rKWg.jpg

TrancePodium 10th Anniversary Celebration

Full lineup:

09:00 DJ Ranz
10:00 AI Cue
11:00 Akku
12:00 Eco
13:00 Basil O'Glue
14:00 Stoneface & Terminal
15:00 Airwave
16:00 Orkidea
17:00 John 00 Fleming
18:00 Sied van Riel
19:00 Menno de Jong
20:00 Giuseppe Ottaviani
21:00 Ferry Corsten
22:00 Paul van Dyk
23:00 M.I.K.E. Push
00:00 The Thrillseekers
01:00 Ferry Tayle
02:00 Bryan Kearney
03:00 Darren Porter
04:00 Adam Ellis
05:00 Armin van Buuren
06:00 Mikel GH
07:00 R33

Basil O'Glue is just finishing up now

Gav

Havent posted about my last couple of adventures for a while! (Thats if anyone is interested, i seem to do it a lot now!)

Little while ago between my last post and now was the comeback of Gatecrasher in Sheffield. Really impressed with the club refurb, and lineup was ace. Solarstone as usual, but finally saw Factor B. It was his first UK gig and it was superb. Mega nice guy, too.

This weekend just gone was FSOE450 in Macnhester. Woah, what a lineup. And insane stage production. First time seeing PureNRG after the insane number of times ive seen both Solarstone and GO. Incredible night. Managed to say hi to Ciaran McAuley, too, who ive been following for some time now. Then to the afterparty for a solo Solarstone set

Next up is ITWT festival at ADE Amsterdam, then - a few days later - the Pure Trance pre-party and then main event, also at ADE.

HabeeNo

Solarstone is by far my favorite DJ, his radioshow is always trouse free, and his live sets are really good (Still gotta catch an OTC tho!)

Btw, anyone heard the new Giuseppe Ottaviani album, Alma? IMO it's not good as Magenta, but it has some really good tunes all around

Ixian

I actually got to meet Solarstone (and Bjorn Akkeson) when he and some other trance artists were playing at Exchange in LA a few weeks back; my girlfriend won a meet and greet contest which was amusing since we already had tickets to the event and were planning on selling them and skipping out. Getting a second set of tickets and the opportunity to meet one of my favorite artists put a stop to that idea though!

Now I just need to meet Sean Tyas and I'll be a happy man.

Gav

Nice!

Ive been lucky enough to meet Solarstone about 10 times now - i think he's sick of the sight of me (and my incessant tweeting). From chatting to people, or to his manager, i seem to end up where the DJ's hang out (or with a backstage wristband like at Godskitchen), so easy to chat to and meet loads of DJ's.
All time favourite DJ and great guy to talk to.

Solarstone is by far my favorite DJ, his radioshow is always trouse free, and his live sets are really good (Still gotta catch an OTC tho!)

Whatever it takes, do it. I travelled alone to Amsterdam last year for his 8hr OTC, and its one of my all time favourite musical experiences (alongside Daft Punk Alive 2007, and 3rd row for A&B Acoustic at the Royal Albert Hall!).

Btw, anyone heard the new Giuseppe Ottaviani album, Alma? IMO it's not good as Magenta, but it has some really good tunes all around

I only knew about it because Solarstone played "Home" on his show last week. Instant standout.

But, yeah, it's not an album of singles like Magenta. Words like "introspective" and "personal" and "songwriting" and "listening experience" always get thrown around for albums like these.

cdyhybrid

Got tickets for a local festival Halloween weekend. Will see Armin, PvD, Freedom Fighters, Fleming & Lawrence and some others there.

jambo

Listened to a few and they sound pretty nice, Solid Stone especially.

I'll definitely stream the whole lot when it comes out, but not sure if I'll buy it.

P.S. Markus Schulz is putting out his full 10 hour Stereo Montreal set from last month today or tomorrow!

jambo

Here is Markus's set, I think his best extended set in about 4 years!

nkNsgdP.png

https://soundcloud.com/markusschulz/montrealsolo2016part1
https://soundcloud.com/markusschulz/montrealsolo2016part2

01. Matador - Nocturnal
02. Roger Martinez - Santoor
03. D-Nox & Beckers - Salt
04. Luna Semara - Mustafa
05. Phil Martyn - Chamber
06. Guy J - Octavia
07. Nick Devon - Metis
08. Julian Jeweil - Wax
09. Lopezhouse feat. Angela - Crosses & Angels (Guy J Remix)
10. Mr. Pit - Tattoo
11. Jerome Isma-Ae & Alastor feat. London Thor - Smoke & Mirrors (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
12. Ilan Bluestone & Maor Levi - Dynamic (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
13. Loco & Jam - A Pinch of Spice
14. Fehrplay - Pyara
15. Jean-Michel Jarre & Tangerine Dream - Zero Gravity (Above & Beyond Remix)
16. Orkidea - Nana (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix)
17. Mike EFEX - Blackstone
18. Cosmic Gate - Crushed
19. Noir & Oliver Giacomotto - Reste (Raxon Remix) (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
20. Philipp Ruhmhardt - Faust (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
21. Markus Schulz & Ferry Corsten - Loops & Tings
22. Talla 2XLC feat. Pay & Whire - Storm
23. Mike EFEX - Labyrinth
24. Jerome Isma-Ae & Daniel Portman feat. Max C - Flashing Lights
25. Markus Schulz & Andy Moor - Daydream (Solid Stone Remix)
26. ID - ID
27. Above & Beyond - Hello (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix)
28. ID - ID
29. Solid Stone & Jennifer Rene - Heart Call (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix)
30. Sam Paganini - Rave (Talla 2XLC Prog Rework)
31. Estiva - Overwatch
32. Koen Groeneveld vs. Marco V - Simulated Jaaah (Markus Schulz Mashup)
33. Danilo Ercole - Scroll
34. Arkham Knights - Knightfall
35. Hilight Tribe - Free Tibet (Markus Schulz vs. Arkham Knights Remix)
36. Cosmic Gate - Exploration of Space (Cosmic Gate's Third Contact Remix) (Markus Schulz Edit)
37. ID - ID
38. Jerome Isma-Ae - Overdrive
39. Radio Slave feat. Danton Eeprom - Grindhouse (Arkham Knights Remix)
40. Jerome Isma-Ae & Alastor - Reflection
41. Mr. Pit vs. Fisherman & Hawkins - Doppelbanger (Markus Schulz Techno Edit)
42. Enrico Sangiuliano & Secret Cinema - Trrbulence
43. Dave Neven - Drifter
44. Arkham Knights - Blackgate
45. Festen - Wassup Vegas (ID Remix)
46. Secret Cinema & Egbert – Maximaal
47. Markus Schulz - Remember This (Mark Sherry Remix)
48. Simon Patterson - Smack (Waio Remix) (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
49. Jerome Isma-Ae & Alastor - Opium
50. Enrico Sangiuliano vs. Hertz - Start of Madness
51. Bart Claessen & Raz Nitzan pres. Who.Is - Only Totally
52. Slam feat. Mr. V - Take You There
53. Luca Agnelli – Phoenix
54. Koen Groeneveld & Liv Stone - Dizturbed
55. UMEK - Delirium is Family 2
56. Dandi & Ugo - String (Matt Mus Remix)
57. DJ Tonio - Queen (ANNA Remix)
58. Jochen Miller - Brace Yourself
59. Cosmic Gate - So Get Up
60. DJ Boris - Can You Hear Me (Enrico Sangiuliano Remix) vs. ID (Acapella)
61. Energy 52 - Café Del Mar (ID Remix)
62. Cirez D - Ruby
63. Alex Di Stefano - No Pain, No Gain (Axel Karakasis Remix)
64. Joseph Capriati - Awake (Julian Jeweil Remix)
65. Alex Di Stefano - New Order
66. Gabriel Moraes - Die Hölle
67. Eats Everything feat. Tiga vs. Audion - Dancing (Again!)
68. Pryda - Rush
69. Enrico Sangiuliano & Secret Cinema - The Feeling of Being in This Place
70. Jay Lumen - LondON
71. Tiesto vs. Traversable Wormhole - Lethal Traversing (Markus Schulz Mashup)
72. Alex Di Stefano - Ogma
73. Christian Smith - Force Majeure
74. Sam Paganini vs. Capital Cities - Safe and Sound Labrynth (Markus Schulz Mashup)
75. Pan-Pot - Grey Matter
76. Julian Jeweil - And We (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
77. Christian Smith - Blast Off
78. Konstantin Sibold - Mutter (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
79. GusGus - Crossfade (Maceo Plex Remix)
80. Sasha Carassi - The Hard Parade
81. Noir - Fabulous (Dennis Cruz Remix)
82. Cirez D - In the Reds
83. Birdy Nam Nam - Goin' In (Bad Dancer Remix) (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
84. Per Hammar - Iffy
85. Daft Punk - Alive (Markus Schulz Afterhours Remix)
86. Hot Since 82 - Veins
87. Basement Jaxx - Fly Life (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
88. Danny Tenaglia & Celeda - Be Yourself (Markus Schulz Afterhours Remix)
89. Joyce Muniz feat. Kat Vinter - Cover Me Up (ANNA Remix)
90. Miki Litvak - Pollinator (Gary Beck Remix) (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
91. Loco & Jam - Slave
92. Clint Stewart & Pan-Pot feat. Peter Xoben - Zau!
93. Bart Claessen - Elf (2001 Returning Mix)
94. Ferry Corsten & Markus Schulz - Stella
95. Rowald Steyn - Hold Control
96. Cosmic Gate - Fire Wire (Cosmic Gate's Back 2 the Future Dub)
97. Viframa - Cristalle (Katana feat. DJ Precision Remix)
98. Yilmaz Altanhan - Eighties (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
90. Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (Eric Prydz Remix)
100. Faithless - Insomnia (Fedde Le Grand Remix) (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
101. Outlander vs. Roy Roselfeld - Vamp Baloons (Markus Schulz Mashup)
102. Jack Master - Bang the Box (Slam Remix)
103. Vincent De Moor - Fly Away (Cosmic Gate Remix)
104. Hilight Tribe - Free Tibet (Vini Vici Remix)
105. Deadmau5 - Desynchronised
106. Teenage Mutants - Casio
107. Grum - U (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
108. Stephan Bodzin - Singularity (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
109. Markus Schulz feat. Delacey - Destiny (Solid Stone Remix)

I'm pissed because there's no mixed version available on Apple Music and they always disable the continuous mix.

In and out of love is nice though

So that's how that works. Lack of continuous mixes pretty much guarantees I won't use streaming.

Anyway, I already bought it. I like it more than Solarstone's progressive mixes, even at 2 hours long.

Ashhong

So that's how that works. Lack of continuous mixes pretty much guarantees I won't use streaming.

Anyway, I already bought it. I like it more than Solarstone's progressive mixes, even at 2 hours long.

I actually prefer the mixed versions. It's the same thing as continuous but the songs are separated. Best of both worlds! Some trance albums do it some don't.

I actually prefer the mixed versions. It's the same thing as continuous but the songs are separated. Best of both worlds! Some trance albums do it some don't.

Man, I just associate that with the dark ages of ten years ago. When all the unmixed tracks were only on overpriced imported CD singles, and to hear something you went on Youtube where you just get an upload of track 3 from In Search of Sunrise or whatever.

Getting all the unmixed tracks feels like living in the age of enlightenment. Even better when they're radio edits - I'm not a DJ, what am I going to do with the full tracks?

Then there's the occasional unmixed track that's really meant to stand alone (like "Club Embrace (Intro)" here, which turns out to have more to it than just the actual intro to the mix).

jambo

Weird, the 2 hour continuous mix is available for streaming for subs on Google Music in Australia.

I listened to it the other day and it was wonderful.

Armin's best album in years =P

Ashhong

Man, I just associate that with the dark ages of ten years ago. When all the unmixed tracks were only on overpriced imported CD singles, and to hear something you went on Youtube where you just get an upload of track 3 from In Search of Sunrise or whatever.

Getting all the unmixed tracks feels like living in the age of enlightenment. Even better when they're radio edits - I'm not a DJ, what am I going to do with the full tracks?

Then there's the occasional unmixed track that's really meant to stand alone (like "Club Embrace (Intro)" here, which turns out to have more to it than just the actual intro to the mix).

Can't sympathize with you there, I wasn't that into edm back then :p

Weird, the 2 hour continuous mix is available for streaming for subs on Google Music in Australia.

I listened to it the other day and it was wonderful.

Armin's best album in years =P

The single track? I have Spotify too and checked that, no continuous mix. However! They added the mix cut version to both Spotify and Apple Music so I am a happy man.

jambo

The single track? I have Spotify too and checked that, no continuous mix. However! They added the mix cut version to both Spotify and Apple Music so I am a happy man.

Yeah the single 2 hour track was on Google Play streaming.

With 100% of the Google Play Music stuff I've seen, everything from the normal release is available.

Gav

Guys. ADE2016. What a week.
Flew over to Amsterdam early Wednesday, wandered for the day, then headed down to In Trance We Trust Festival.
Fantastic big venue, three stafes (ITWT, Grotesque, Mental Asylum) - i spent most of the night at Grotesque, but that night i managed to dance my ass off to Adam Ellis, James Kiedis, Craig Connelly, Stadium4, RAM, Richard Durand, Menno & Mark Sherry.
Ran into a few familiar facs from all the other events i attend, and had a belter (and drank faaar too much Heineken)
kuMAxv2.jpg
zTAQhVM.jpg
xuSAfxN.jpg
1McaePn.jpg

The photographer caught me having a moment here...
9bMwrnq.jpg

Spent the next couple of days exploring the city, and eating and drinking far too much.
Next stop was for Pure Trance at Jaz Hotel.
Arrived at the pre-party at 6pm, partied for a few hours in the bar which was awesome. Then upstairs to the event proper.
Pre-Party i saw Alex Ryan, Liam Wilson, Driftmoon, Robert Nickson and Ciaran McAuley (who was incredible, by the way. Met him a couple of times now, too. Absolutely the nicest guy ever).
Main event was Forerunners, Gai Barone (ooooooh my god, what a set!), Orkidea, Solarstone, Sneijder, Giuseppe and Factor B.
Ive met Rich/Solarstone a ton of times now, always in a Pure shirt, so he gave me some grief for turning up in a Factor B shirt (much to Factor B's amusement).

All the sets were recorded, so hopefully they surface soon. The people i met, the atmosphere, everything about the Pure Trance night was perfect.

Also, picked up PTV at the event, got it signed, completed the collection!
You may have seen this already if you follow Pure Trance online, they were posting it themselves the other day :)

Next stop, Trancecoda 3rd Birthday in Birmingham on November 5th!

jambo

Very nice getting all those compilations signed!

Also Fleming B2B Lawrence would be outstanding! Was it a longer set?

Ferr986

Ferry Corsten presents #Gouryella - From The Heavens Limited Edition Box
A limited edition collectors item box set featuring:

- Anahera (Extended Mix) b/w Neba (Extended Mix) 12"
- Ferry Corsten Presents Gouryella Double Sided Poster (not included in the picture)
- Ferry Corsten Presents Gouryella Flag
- Gouryella - From The Heavens Silicone Wristband
- Ferry Corsten Presents 'From The Heavens' CD

Tracklisting:
01. Ferry Corsten Presents Gouryella - Intro
02. Ferry Corsten Presents Gouryella - Gouryella
03. Ferry Corsten Presents Gouryella - Ligaya
04. Ferry Corsten - Drum's A Weapon
05. Ferry Corsten Presents Gouryella - Gorella
06. Ferry Corsten - Voema
07. Ferry Corsten - Follow You
08. Dimension - Dopamina
09. Ferry Corsten Presents Gouryella - Walhalla
10. Ferry Corsten Presents Gouryella - Tenshi
11. Ferry Corsten Presents Gouryella - Anahera
12. Ferry Corsten Presents Gouryella - Neba

49,99€ ex. shipping.

A little disapointing that it seems like it's only the Gouryella set. This should have been 2 CDs, 1 with the set and another will the remastered tracks+ the new ones (Anahera and Neba), unmixed.

A little too expensive if you don't care about the goodies (I don't have anything to play vynils anymore) :/

49,99€ ex. shipping.

A little disapointing that it seems like it's only the Gouryella set. This should have been 2 CDs, 1 with the set and another will the remastered tracks+ the new ones (Anahera and Neba), unmixed.

A little too expensive if you don't care about the goodies (I don't have anything to play vynils anymore) :/

Might as well wait for the inevitable standalone release of the mix.

Also, I'm totally late to realizing that Dimension is officially part of the Gouryella mix. Almost feels like this was planned all along with the Origami "mystery artist" stunt.

Ashhong

I think we are actually both going to get what we want in the future, if this is any indication:

Solarstone Presents Pure Trance 5 is out now, in both continuous mix and mix cut versions.

Nice! I guess its just an artist thing. Some don't want the full track available because I would think they get less money back, since only one song is played instead of 20.

49,99€ ex. shipping.

I am confused by this package. So the cd is a mixed set? Is it a live set? And you want a second cd with just all of the remastered tracks and new tracks as singles?

Nice! I guess its just an artist thing. Some don't want the full track available because I would think they get less money back, since only one song is played instead of 20.

I am confused by this package. So the cd is a mixed set? Is it a live set? And you want a second cd with just all of the remastered tracks and new tracks as singles?

They can sell the whole set for $10 precisely because it's all radio edits, which are useless to DJs because they can't be mixed into sets.

Actual DJs will eventually be able to get lossless full-length versions on Beatport, but not for a while. Pure Trance is always full of exclusive track debuts because the DJs involved need to keep a few "secret weapons" to themselves for their own sets.

That Gouryella disc looks like it should be a studio DJ mix of the live Gouryella set that Ferry has been playing this year. He has not put it on Soundcloud at all, presumably so as to build up demand for this release.

Ashhong

They can sell the whole set for $10 precisely because it's all radio edits, which are useless to DJs because they can't be mixed into sets.

Actual DJs will eventually be able to get lossless full-length versions on Beatport, but not for a while. Pure Trance is always full of exclusive track debuts because the DJs involved need to keep a few "secret weapons" to themselves for their own sets.

That Gouryella disc looks like it should be a studio DJ mix of the live Gouryella set that Ferry has been playing this year. He has not put it on Soundcloud at all, presumably so as to build up demand for this release.

Well I'm talking specifically from Apple Music/Spotify point of view. Artists get paid per listen per track. If a user listens to a continuous mix, I imagine the artist gets paid less since its 1 song vs 20.

Ah I see. Lame but I guess that's good enough for now.

Ferr986

Guys I think the CD is the mixed set that he played in his gigs. Ferry said it was no radio edits.

I still think it should be 2 CDs, the live set and the unmixed tracks. I'm not sure he'll put the Gouryella remasters on Beatport.

Ashhong

Dreamstate conflicts are insane. :(

Indeed. I mean, the lineup is so huge that I don't know what I expected but damn.

The good news is I think I can make Gouryella since he plays at 1am. I'm going to a show in LA that starts at 9. Hopefully it ends before 12 and I can zoom over

Guys I think the CD is the mixed set that he played in his gigs. Ferry said it was no radio edits.

I still think it should be 2 CDs, the live set and the unmixed tracks. I'm not sure he'll put the Gouryella remasters on Beatport.

As expected, the digital release of the Gouryella album is up: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/from-the-heavens/id1177899104 And coming out in two weeks.

Looks like it does indeed come with the unmixed tracks and the continuous mix.

Top Bottom