• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Teaser Trailer (Bumblebee Sequel)

Catphish

I give it 10 years before we get a live acrion (well, CGI mostly) remake of the 80's movie, complete with Galvatron because they really seem to have NO FUCKING CLUE where to go with this series.
I wish I had time, talent, and money. I'd do a complete CGI remake of the original movie. Scene by scene, frame by frame. Keep all the original sound and music and just lay it over the remake.

Then I'd send it out over the internet for free.

Why there's never been a proper G1 movie since is beyond me.

Kadve

You can still see little remnants of the prequel stuff in the movie if you really look for it (like the old Camaro), but they added enough in the reshoots to make it a reboot. In the movie Optimus Prime and the rest of the Autobots arrive on Earth in the 80s and not present day in like in the Shia movie and Prime is the cab-over semi with the G1 design and not the Bayformers design.
There are also rumors that this is going to be a kina-sorta "crossover" with the bayverse but don't quote me on that. Most notable rumor is that

=Scourge is actually Bayverse prime who is now a servant of Unicron. Or at least an alternate universe version of prime]

I wish I had time, talent, and money. I'd do a complete CGI remake of the original movie. Scene by scene, frame by frame. Keep all the original sound and music and just lay it over the remake.

Then I'd send it out over the internet for free.

Why there's never been a proper G1 movie since is beyond me.
Because that would just be pandering to nostalgia from 40+ year olds. You cant make a blockbuster based on that demographic.

Last edited:

Catphish

Because that would just be pandering to nostalgia from 40+ year olds. You cant make a blockbuster based on that demographic.
Nonsense. That's basically what Bumblebee was. Set in the 80s, 80s nostalgia throughout, and it was successful. It cleared about a half billion worldwide, against a $135M budget.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Well that's bullshit. Mirage is a fucking F1 car. :messenger_pouting:
yup, i was so excited to see Jazz, as he is a great G1, then he did the holgraphic cars trick, so I had to check. imagine my suprise to see no that's mirage and Pete Davidson.
Oh No Omg GIF by WWE

jufonuk

not tag worthy
There are also rumors that this is going to be a kina-sorta "crossover" with the bayverse but don't quote me on that. Most notable rumor is that

=Scourge is actually Bayverse prime who is now a servant of Unicron. Or at least an alternate universe version of prime]

Iron Man GIF

sinnergy

Cool, I like to see unicron .. we got stolen from that after the last Bay movie .

Kiwicha

I thought this movie was a sequel to Bumblebee. This new product placement Mirage looks like one of those crappy Bayformers.

Last edited:

ManaByte

I thought this movie was a secuel to Bumblebee. This new product placement Mirage looks like one of those crappy Bayformers.

It's a sequel to Bumblebee, set in the 90s. Bumblebee rebooted the universe showing that Prime and the Autobots arrived on Earth in the 1987.

Top Bottom