• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

I don't see how people see democracy as fun to watch. Of course 91K people are going to know how to play Pokemon. If this stream started that way it would have none of the traction it does now, because nothing funny or unexpected would ever happen.

The whole point of the stream is that given enough time, a mob of people with seemingly random inputs can get the job done. I believe we would've gotten out of the maze, eventually.

Someone gets it.

I don't see how people see democracy as fun to watch. Of course 91K people are going to know how to play Pokemon. If this stream started that way it would have none of the traction it does now, because nothing funny or unexpected would ever happen.

The whole point of the stream is that given enough time, a mob of people with seemingly random inputs can get the job done. I believe we would've gotten out of the maze, eventually.

yeah, but the streamer wants to keep audience over 10k too. Democracy should only be used after +8 hours of no progress whatsoever.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This stream got way too meta way too fast. Remember when it was about Pokemon? :(

Remember when it was about emergent stories that people crafted from the chaos? That's a thing of the past with Democracy. Under democracy, there never would have even been an ABBBBBBBK( to accidentally release, let alone the PC debacle itself. Far more efficient, but it never would have grown to this size in the first place to allow for so many people to be impatient and demand "progress".

Insaniac

okay someone update me on what this democracy anarchy thing going on is. Also how do you do the filter? i'd love to read the chat without all the inputs and democracy/anarchy text

StarVigil

Lift Key + Pokemon Healed!
5afiweL.gif

Rather than guide the trainer down by inputting commands, people are trying to guide him by voting democracy, thus making both the anarchy option and the whole thing more boring and with no purpose.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Democracy really killed the fun of this for me. Then again I can just get that RNG script and run it for a play through, I guess...

DaBoss

See, the commands list is just filled with anarchy and democracy. The monarch should giveth and taketh, not let us heathens decide for ourselves. Sure it may take long to do stuff in anarchy at times, but we have succeeded through most things.

I think Democracy would be helpful now to use the PC.

If you want to play Pokemon with democracy, go to twitchplayspokemonyellow.

Timeaisis

yeah, but the streamer wants to keep audience over 10k too. Democracy should only be used after +8 hours of no progress whatsoever.

And then never used again, I'd hope. I'm all for progress when people are getting bored. But having the system in place at all times just makes the game about voting for your preferred gov't.

Revven

At least we don't have to deal with the maze anymore, it's just a straight shot to Giovanni now (unlocking the doors on the right on the first floor to the HQ and then taking the elevator).

Can someone explain this whole democracy/anarchy thing quickly? Went back some pages but still not sure. The chat is voting? How are votes tallied automatically? And what does each mean?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
At least we don't have to deal with the maze anymore, it's just a straight shot to Giovanni now (unlocking the doors on the right on the first floor to the HQ and then taking the elevator).

Who says Anarchy doesnt just careen us straight into one of the mazes again? Or that we dont just dig our way out again?

Seafoam Island and Victory Road are going to be hell.

mattp

anarchy is way more fun, democracy is only for desperate measures. like the fucking arrow maze

i think the chat will regulate itself decently and only fall back to democracy when absolutely necessary

okayfrog

Banned
Can someone explain this whole democracy/anarchy thing quickly? Went back some pages but still not sure. The chat is voting? How are votes tallied automatically? And what does each mean?

1. People vote democracy/anarchy
2. Democracy won first
3. People then voted every 20 seconds for the next command but at the same time, people could vote anarchy to get it back to the way it was (normalcy)
4. Anarchy prevailed, but only after unfixable damage was done and now the game is tainted

Just got back.
They have a new system now? Hopefully it gets us somewhere.
At least we got the lift key now.
Too bad the chat is dead for now. Doesn't load at all.

DaBoss

Seriously, voting should go.

The majority of the chat doesn't even care about putting inputs, they just want to vote for either Anarchy or Democracy.
Democracy: Votes are tallied for ~10s and then the majority input wins.
Anarchy: All inputs are go, and whatever can be registered by the game is the input that is used.

Now the chat wants Democracy/Anarchy.

The thing is that the accomplishments were so much more rewarding because of how difficult they were to achieve. Without the extreme lows (12 hours at the ledge) you don't get the extreme highs (getting past it and to the next pokemon center).

Top Bottom