• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Minutes Hate, redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Dan said:
People who use all caps in their posts are obviously compensating for something, and by something, I mean their tiny prepubescent penises.

i don't even know you but what you say is false and you should shut up

FightyF

Banned
I'm impressed Lemurnator!

That honestly sounded so Republican. It's a style hard to mimic because Republicans often don't have much for brains. I think the most recent scientific studies claimed that they only have 37% of the brain matter a normal human being has...and so to emulate their backwards logic down to that kind of detail is quite remarkable.

I think that means you'd make a great writer. I mean, if you could kind of sound like any person...then you can make your characters and have them speak believable dialogue.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Lemurnator said:
I've got somethings to say to the democrats of the GAF.

I've been reading a lot of disturbing things here and on the rest of the internet about our President and our beautiful nation and brave troops. Did you forget that faithful day not even 4 years ago when those bastards took over 3000 American lives? Do you forget the founding fathers and the sacrifices they made so that we can have freedom? We live in America, the most beautiful country on Earth and when our country is threatened by countries like Iraq we NEED to make a stand, and we did and I stand by our governments decision to do so.

more text goes here

Um, what?

Perhaps you meant fateful?

Fight for Freeform said:
I'm impressed Lemurnator!

That honestly sounded so Republican. It's a style hard to mimic because Republicans often don't have much for brains. I think the most recent scientific studies claimed that they only have 37% of the brain matter a normal human being has...and so to emulate their backwards logic down to that kind of detail is quite remarkable.

I think that means you'd make a great writer. I mean, if you could kind of sound like any person...then you can make your characters and have them speak believable dialogue.
clit hanger

12-year old clit hanger

and fuck all you guys. i fucking hate people who think they are all bad with their fucking he man figures like hey look at my new heman figure and all i have are these cheap bootleg gi joes and so they make fun of me but fuck you bitches now who's bad i'll fucking stick my arm up your ass and pull out your spleen and throw it in your first born son's face and make him eat it and shit.

Dilbert

Lemurnator said:
I've got somethings to say to the democrats of the GAF.

I've been reading a lot of disturbing things here and on the rest of the internet about our President and our beautiful nation and brave troops. Did you forget that faithful day not even 4 years ago when those bastards took over 3000 American lives? Do you forget the founding fathers and the sacrifices they made so that we can have freedom? We live in America, the most beautiful country on Earth and when our country is threatened by countries like Iraq we NEED to make a stand, and we did and I stand by our governments decision to do so.

If you don't, you ARE a terrorist.

I am confident that SOMEWHERE in Iraq are weapons of mass destruction. Even if they aren't in the form of chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons but in the form of Saddam torturing his own people. I don't see HOW you can argue wanting to set up a beacon of light in the middle east. Democracy must exist in the middle east and we're just the country to do it. We're doing God's work.

You want to know the definition of a weapon of mass destruction? Look at North Korea, the people of North Korea have NO knowledge WHATSOEVER as to how the world actually works. They know only what their government tells them which makes them very dangerous. If the United States were to invade and liberate North Korea it would take a MASSIVE effort to reeducate those people. I don't think we could. I think every citizen would fight to the death with the United States because of how their government has educated them. If I had my way North Korea would be a crater. A country where every single citizen is willing to die in order to kill Americans? That's a weapon of mass destruction.

Ben Franklin, George Washington, John Adams, and all the founding fathers are rolling in their graves at how you traitors basically spit on the American flag by not supporting OUR American troops and President fighting so that YOU can have freedom? You can talk about how your "rights" have been violated by the patriot act but if you aren't a terrorist bent on destroying the American way of life and killing innocent people, you have nothing to be worried about.

3000 people did not die in vain. Those people who flew those planes into our beautiful symbols of capitolism and freedom, they were terrorists. But so are the people who spend every breath slandering the person who's seeing us through each tragedy day by day even if it makes him unpopular to unpatriotic scum like you. Slandering the person and people who're fighting so we can be free and a great country. Showing no respect for the system that protects them, protects their parents, and protects their children from threats both domestic and abroad.

You people make me sick.

September 11th, 2001

A date THIS American, shall never forget.
When your ban is over, I would hope to get a PM from you explaining that every word of this post was a parody. Otherwise, I think my opinion of you is likely to permanently change.

xsarien

daedsiluap
-jinx- said:
When your ban is over, I would hope to get a PM from you explaining that every word of this post was a parody. Otherwise, I think my opinion of you is likely to permanently change.

I dunno, it struck me as pretty obvious that she just copied/pasted from someplace else.

Blackie

I hate when people post their name after their post, like every other intelligent gaf resident.

Also I hardly hate anyone here, and I wasn't going to post anyones name specifically except... Lemurs style of posting bothers me more than anyone elses, and her posts in this thread reminded me of that. It's mostly because she takes stuff way too seriously, and occasionally her immaturity bothers me. Sometimes she's also just fucking dumb, though.

I can't think of anyone else to hate, here. It probably helped me to build even a mild dislike to lemurs because I talked to her on aim for a while, cause I don't even know anyone else via aim on gaf.

FUCK FUCKIDY SHIT SHOULD DIE!

That felt kind of good. Ish.

Boogie

B'z-chan said:
BOB fucking SAGET i've got your number.

LETS FIGHT you tell me the time and place. No rules! Have fun in the hospital

I presume you mean me? :p

Boogie by armbar, 00:17, rd 1.

Dilbert

xsarien said:
I dunno, it struck me as pretty obvious that she just copied/pasted from someplace else.
She claimed it was a post of HERS from somewhere else:

Lemurnator said:
I copied and pasted it, but it was something that I had previously written and posted on another forum, and added to when I posted it here.

xsarien

daedsiluap
-jinx- said:
She claimed it was a post of HERS from somewhere else:

Oh, well then, whatever. I only skimmed it, saw the petty emotional appeal at the end ("September 11, 2001") and just moved on.

FoneBone

-jinx- said:
In all fairness, given her posting record, I'm 95% sure that that was sarcastic.

Wrestling does really, really suck. I think less of pretty much everyone who's a fan of it.

And note to certain posters regarding spelling/grammar: no, it doesn't always have to be perfect, but if you're not an idiot, don't write like an idiot.

nomoment

Regarding Batman Begins flopping:

Guys who say stuff like "don't worry, this movie has legs," or "once word of mouth gets around this movie will kill all other comic book movies."

Give it up, BATMAN BEGINS WAS A BUST! Certainly not a bust by typical standards, but DON'T expect this to even come close to Spider-Man 2 numbers.

And I'll tell you this, I KNEW it would be a bust on opening day. When you're in the biggest theatre in town on opening day of a Batman movie and the theatre lobby is empty, THE MOVIE IS FUCKED!

Oh yeah, and I don't like guys who keep telling me I need to watch Naruto, or read Berserk. Next guy in a comic shop who tells me that gets a punch in the face.

Matlock

Banned
According to post 23, I'm completely in the fair by saying conehead. Unless having an egg shaped head counts as physical disability.

border

nomoment said:
Give it up, BATMAN BEGINS WAS A BUST! Certainly not a bust by typical standards, but DON'T expect this to even come close to Spider-Man 2 numbers.
Did anybody actually expect it to come close to Spider Man 2?

ohamsie said:
I don't understand people who bash on any console. It is pretty pathetic, especially since plenty of worthwhile games can be found on all the big systems.

I also got annoyed when people began trolling the LOST threads, especially when they didn't even watch the show.

The terms of service for GAF are not always very clear, and occasionally mods can be a little overzealous with bannings rather than giving warnings.

There seems to be a lot of political and religious intolerance, but that doesn't really affect me because I don't go in those threads.

There just seems to be overall too much hostility, but it can sometimes lead to entertaining drama.
i got annoyed by all the people who liked the lost season finale...

i had to force myself to leave the thread because i was starting to think everyone was stupid or gullible or something...

the reaction by some people pissed me off even more than the show...

which in turn made me even madder at the show...

fuck lost

Matlock

Banned
oh look at me, I'm an internet mac daddy who flirts with every man-posing-as-woman and underaged girl on an internet forum while all I do all day is cry about my job and answer physics questions

in college, I was the guy who was always the "study buddy" except that one time I got a pity fuck, oh man that was like masturbating into a paper bag

and my head is shaped like a cone

I SHOULD FUCK JANE CURTAIN

p.s. women belong in the kitchen

WHO COULD I BE

nomoment

Ninja Scooter said:
Spiderman 2 didn't come close to Spiderman 1 numbers. SPIDERMAN 2 is a BUST! RETARD LOGIC RULZ!
Dude, Spider-Man 1 only made 30 million more than Spider-Man 2.

... Mr. Luthor.

FightyF

Banned

I actually assumed she was banned because it was a blatant case of "attention whorism". Kinda like, "Hey, look at me, I don't really think this way but I'm doing it just to get some attention".

Matlock

Banned
oh yeah and I have a girlfriend of two years, but I don't know how I keep up with her with flirting with gaming-age girls and all

plus I like poetry

man you can't guess who I am

JANE CURTAIN

Nikashi

Banned
I HAVE A NEUTRAL OPINION OF YOU JINX. I HAVE NEVER TAKEN MORE THAN A MOMENTS THOUGHTS TO MY PERSONAL OPINION OF YOU!

FUCKER!

Edit: (I meant that in a nice way)

demi

-jinx- said:
I hate myself.

I've had nightmares about work the last three nights, and will have to spend most of tomorrow working since there is no possible way to satisfy the simultaneous demands of three programs without sacrificing my nights and weekends. Of course, all of my wonderful "skills" are only useful in my current line of work. I feel utterly trapped. I wake up with a headache every day, my stomach hurts by mid-afternoon, and I can't even sleep through the night anymore.

Of course, the irony is that work is the only thing propping up my ego at this point. I hate the way I look. If I see photos of myself from a couple of years ago, I don't even recognize them. I dread visiting my parents since I have to see the senior portrait of me hanging above the staircase. How the hell did I go from being a good-looking guy to THIS?

I used to have a wide circle of friends; now I'm lucky if I get together with certain people more than 3-4 times a year. I used to look forward to the weekend so I could party; now I limp into bed, knowing that a good chunk of my "free time" is going to be free work for the company. I used to write and be spontaneous and creative; now that hobby is basically over, and I haven't finished a new piece in over a year. The most "connected" I feel is checking in on GAF between tasks, and all I do is catch hell for everything I do here.

So, yeah, tee off on me, fuckers. I wish I'd been the guy to write the line, "I know I would die if I could come back new," since that's where I'm at.

pity post

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Fight for Freeform said:
I actually assumed she was banned because it was a blatant case of "attention whorism". Kinda like, "Hey, look at me, I don't really think this way but I'm doing it just to get some attention".

She broke an explicit rule, it has nothing to do with attention whoring. What the hell would be the point of the thread otherwise.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I tempbanned Lemurs for breaking the rules of the thread, nothing more. jinx is just getting all confrontational since he took her bait.

ohamsie

The Faceless Master said:
i got annoyed by all the people who liked the lost season finale...

i had to force myself to leave the thread because i was starting to think everyone was stupid or gullible or something...

the reaction by some people pissed me off even more than the show...

which in turn made me even madder at the show...

fuck lost

It's good that you left the thread.

You should never have been in it in the first place since you don't like the show.

You shouldn't have even watched the finale since you don't like the show's style.

The only conclusion to come to was that you went in the thread just to piss people off.

Matlock

Banned
seriously, jinx doesn't get the point of this thread

it's like when you play the joke on everyone, and then the retard walks in the room and gets all offended

nitewulf

find the gaming forum to be lacking of good humour. the constant arguements about which hardware is superior gets tiring. i mean we are splitting transistors now, yet, the software's actual quality is pretty irrelevant to the internal electronic devices. i mean, how will the game play? yeah its got all these effects, but fuck all if it plays like shit.
nowadays there's more than enough power to actually get a good looking game running.
as to why people back certain companies, i dont get it. none of them are really noble, some worse than others, but all of em will own you given the chance, that's capitalism.
sega fanboys, yeah the stuff that gets spouted in DC hardware threads sometime boggles my mind. they can be very hard headed and not see any other points.
nintendo fanboys are just stupid and immensely naive. or they like to pretend and not see whats coming.
sony fanboys...they are just annoying as all hell.
xbox fanboys, callous and shallow.
overall , the gaming forum sucks ass. and it started with all the sales data worship. gahigiddy is the dude to blame for all that, because he started the whole sales trend fololwing shenanigans. and ironically enough, dude doesnt post all that much anymore, but his created monsters keep track of shit on freaking spreadsheets. video games sales data, kept on spreadsheets, in some freaking dude's computer!!!
how pathetic.
aside from all that, i dont hate much of anything/anyone else.

demi

Matlock said:
seriously, jinx doesn't get the point of this thread

it's like when you play the joke on everyone, and then the retard walks in the room and gets all offended

yoke's on him then

nomoment

You know, this thread is great for trap-banning. You know, goading posters who didn't really read the first post to quote outside sources/URLs and post images. I was going to lure Ninja Scooter into posting a link to BoxOfficeMojo numbers for the Spider-Man movies, but later decided against it.

I'm too damn nice.

ohamsie said:
It's good that you left the thread.

You should never have been in it in the first place since you don't like the show.

You shouldn't have even watched the finale since you don't like the show's style.

The only conclusion to come to was that you went in the thread just to piss people off.
up until that point i was sure the show as great, i watched every episode...

i thought i liked the show's style until the finale...

and then i got a big fuck you sign followed by another and another in a two hour assault that said "well, at least i'm glad we got paid for making this crap!" - JJ...

actually, i think maybe you dont just like the show, but just pretend to so it can piss people like me off...

nomoment said:
You know, this thread is great for trap-banning. You know, goading posters who didn't really read the first post to quote outside sources/URLs and post images. I was going to lure Ninja Scooter into posting a link to BoxOfficeMojo numbers for the Spider-Man movies, but later decided against it.

I'm too damn nice.

You couldn't even if you tried. Im the straw that stirs this drink.

ohamsie

The Faceless Master said:
up until that point i was sure the show as great, i watched every episode...

i thought i liked the show's style until the finale...

and then i got a big fuck you sign followed by another and another in a two hour assault that said "well, at least i'm glad we got paid for making this crap!" - JJ...

actually, i think maybe you dont just like the show, but just pretend to so it can piss people like me off...

How could you watch the show and not expect for there to be cliffhangers in the finale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom