• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 Lineup - Rayman to be Wii launch title, first pic

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
if you are surprised by this i feel for you.

what is that kid doing anyway? is he wrangling the spider or is he preparing to lasso a bunny?

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
E-phonk said:
For those who say this is gamecube quality - check your eyes.

This was gamecube:
super_mario_sunshine1b.jpg

residentevil420041025115630602.jpg

These screenshots might not be gears-of-war-alicious, but they look good for a humoristic platformer.

No, they really don't. If this is representative of the final game, it looks like a step back.

With graphics like these, why not just release the Revmote peripheral for Gamecube? I'm sure all will be revealed next week, but as of now, there's no real justification for the new box.

Good luck getting wireless internet on your Gamecube.

littlewig

Banned
Yea, because graphics is the only reason to get a new console...

No surprise the haters are latching on the to graphics, I wish there was some more damage control in thsi thread like the Too Human one, man.

littlewig said:

No surprise the haters are latching on the to graphics, I wish there was some more damage control in thsi thread like the Too Human one, man.

No need for damage control. We all knew Revolution graphics wouldn't be as good as 360/PS3 graphics. We've known this all freaking year, and yet people are acting suprised. WTF mates?

It's not about graphics - it's about the gameplay. If Rayman is fun, I don't think anyone will complain about the graphics. Come on guys :(

come on guys, we all know the drill by now - first gen ports, even good ones barely take advantage of new graphical enhancements. This Rayman probably measures up to where the King Kong port did on the xbox360. Or maybe more like NHL2k6 or Gun. there was but a single mind blowing 3rd party game on the 360, and that was a PC port. Very little lived up to the first party beauty of kameo, perfect dark zero, or PGR3. I'm expecting the same for the Wii, but obviously scaled back substantially.

Cosmozone

Um, there are people who think Wii (ugh) can't do better than this? Blame the game. RE4 looks better and that's on Gamecube. Graphics for that game are still ok if you like the style (I don't).

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I think the game looks like it will be a lot of fun, something to laugh at. Those rabbits look very killable.

pitt_norton

So... it looks like Rayman Raving Rabbids will be added to my Wii wishlist and Rayman 2 to be a Virtual Console download for myself if available.

trmas

Banned
This thread was awesome. Reminds me of Wallguy and Boxguy, and the Wii announcement thread. Wii putting the fun back in videogames!

ndreamer

nextgen is going to be a bitch if you expect every title to have a $20+ million budget and ultra hi-rez textures and insane polly counts a game like this depends on it's game play.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
The game looks great imo. I can understand why people are upset about the graphics though. I'm guessing the people who are upset haven't seen the pics of Red Steel or the video of Metroid Prime 3 either.

fresquito

etiolate said:
I like the look of the game, but I am a claymation fan. They just need to get rid of the edges.
Edges that you don´t really mind while playing...

Gotta love the official arwork.

The concept sounds fun to me.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
BrandNew said:
Oh for fuck's sake. :(

The game looks fine FOR WHAT WE SHOULD BE EXPECTING. You all are so idiotic.:lol

littlewig said:

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. I would say the same thing about Tony Hawk for the 360 too.

CrisKre

come on guys, we all know the drill by now - first gen ports, even good ones barely take advantage of new graphical enhancements. This Rayman probably measures up to where the King Kong port did on the xbox360. Or maybe more like NHL2k6 or Gun. there was but a single mind blowing 3rd party game on the 360, and that was a PC port. Very little lived up to the first party beauty of kameo, perfect dark zero, or PGR3. I'm expecting the same for the Wii, but obviously scaled back substantially.

Most sensitive post in this thread

By the by, this doesnt look half bad, and nintendo games in light of this will look fantastic. I expect served crow....

ahmad

Banned
CrisKre said:

By the by, this doesnt look half bad, and nintendo games in light of this will look fantastic. I expect served crow....

BTW where is drinky?? He hasn't been on the site for a while

DrGAKMAN

Banned
CrisKre said:

I expect the usual suspects to be vocally dissappointed no matter what Nintendo shows...it's their job.

I don't think the game looks bad in any way. It's Rayman 4, not MGS4...the approach, style, dirrection and *budgets* are different so why even compare them? I tell you why, 'cos people fear change! The Wiimote IS change.

Amir0x

Banned
DrGAKMAN said:
I don't think the game looks bad in any way. It's Rayman 4, not MGS4...the approach, style, dirrection and *budgets* are different so why even compare them? I tell you why, 'cos people fear change! The Wiimote IS change.

it's actually just 'cause the game is ugly.

Krowley

Amir0x said:
it's actually just 'cause the game is ugly.

no it's because they are comparing it to 360/ps3 games... it's like comapring visuals from psp to DS. it's not fair. based on the specs of the revolution, these visuals are probably middle of the road for the launch lineup. some stuff will look better (red steel looks better) some stuff will look worse, at least in the launch period.

Are you saying this looks ugly by current gen standards? Do you just not like the art style or something?

With revolution visuals you have to grade relative to the capabilities of the console. It's not just going to suddenly sprout ps3/360 visuals, so dissing games because they don't reach that level is redundant. The specs are better than xbox 1 (by a little bit), but this is the launch period and even 360 had a few games that didn't look better than xbox games in the first few months. with the revs lower specs, the problem will be worse, obviously.

Are zelda WW, Re4 ninja gaiden suddenly ugly just because next gen games look a little better? I'm personaly not feeling that at all. This gen is holding up pretty well compared to previous generational changes. I'm playing DQ8 right now, and evne though i've seen tons of next gen game footage, the graphics are still kicking my ass.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I actually like the art style. Am I the only one that thinks of:
ren.jpg

The texture work and fur shading is very disappointing (anyone who is defending that needs to have their eyes checked), but I hardly expect top-tier work for Rayman nowadays; Ubi's priorities lay elsewhere. The asthetics and the widescreen mode are nice, (I really like the official artwork) and I really expect Spongebob from THQ to be at this level or lower in graphical quality. Strictly a game marketed to the kiddie demographics; they're not really going to give a shit about it having blurry textures one way or the other when they get to wave their hands all around.

trmas said:
This thread was awesome. Reminds me of Wallguy and Boxguy, and the Wii announcement thread. Wii putting the fun back in videogames!

Nah. It wasnt quite that bad. The fun didnt start until the 2nd page with this one. For PDZ, the laughing started by the 3rd post.
And NO, the edited screenshot on the first page doesnt count
Wii for the win :D

Besides, okay it's a good laugh and all, but Id really like to see what the "real" games are going to be like. Who was going to buy this game anyway? It's not like it's Mario or something :lol

Polari

Ugly, but that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is how they suggest the wiimote functionality will be implemented with that caption.

7Th

Polari said:
Ugly, but that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is how they suggest the wiimote functionality will be implemented with that caption.

Indeed, why does every single image of people playing Wii we've seen to the date features them in such unconfortable at the long run ways?

Flynn

Mifune said:
Huh. I actually think it looks pretty all right. I kinda like the goofy art style, too. And in the end, it's an Ancel-directed Rayman game, which means I'll buy the shit out of it.

Maybe I just don't belong here.

The real star of this thread is the pic with the punk chick. Notice how few, if an, photoshops of the actual screenshot we're seeing.

fresquito

7Th said:
Indeed, why does every single image of people playing Wii we've seen to the date features them in such unconfortable at the long run ways?
Easy one. If they make pics of people standing still, just holding the controller, and pretending they are controling the game doing a movement that cannot be perceived in the pic, the whole meaning of the pic fails.

Aryuken

Banned
1849306683_tard14d8d.gif

Teh wii tard!!! Put him in the pic!! lolol Lookinh at the guys....man, i gotta learn image ready.

I could do some shit.

Amir0x

Banned
Krowley said:
no it's because they are comparing it to 360/ps3 games... it's like comapring visuals from psp to DS. it's not fair.

ReggieDance.gif
ReggieDance.gif
ReggieDance.gif

"Not my problem."--------------------------"Not my problem."--------------------------"Not my problem."

Maybe next time when Nintendo decides to bring a system to a new generation, they won't gimp a system with atrocious specs.

Snogger_T said:

:lol

Snogger_T

gamergirly said:
So you signed up at GAF just to join in the dick waggling fest? At least be sincere in your jettering

I actually signed up for GAF a long time ago and my account was deleted for absolutely no reason (I had only posted about 15 times), so I never bothered getting another account. I signed up again a week or so ago and just now got around to posting. Was bored and felt like making a picture in PS.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Error2k4 said:
ughhh guys that is a PS2 pic...

Yes, of course. That's exactly the reason why press releases were issued regarding it as a launch title for Wii, and the promo picture is supplied by them too.

Top Bottom