• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uk best selling games of 2022 (numbers included)

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West and GT7 are in the top 20. Jim Ryan is doing his thing

jSB5nfQ.jpg

PeteBull

GTA5 still doing those crazy numbers so many years after launch is crazy, i played it a lot, got it on ps4 and pc so im one of its fans(whole franchise fan actually, nto only gta5 fan), but even for me its hard to believe how well its selling =D

Yeah those horizon numbers are not great at all for a sequel.....on two platforms with how much more of an install base?

Ragnarok seems to be doing great. But GT7 and horizon look to be in rough shape vs previous entries.

It looks like sonys first party IP is in a huge downward trend compared to previous games.

Also, what year did ratchet and returnal launch? It was 2021 wasn't it? Are they not included?

Last edited:

Unknown?

Yeah those horizon numbers are not great at all for a sequel.....on two platforms with how much more of an install base?

Ragnarok seems to be doing great. But GT7 and horizon look to be in rough shape vs previous entries.

It looks like sonys first party IP is in a huge downward trend compared to previous games.

Also, what year did ratchet and returnal launch? It was 2021 wasn't it? Are they not included?
Lol Horizon and GT are both out performing their previous releases.

Last edited:

Not sure if Serious but just in case...

Sequels don't have to consistently beat the previous games sales to be considered a success.

By this logic every Final Fantasy since 7 would have been a failure. I'm pretty sure GT sport was sold at Half price as well so GT7's revenue may be higher.

Unknown?

Not sure if Serious but just in case...

Sequels don't have to consistently beat the previous games sales to be considered a success.

By this logic every Final Fantasy since 7 would have been a failure. I'm pretty sure GT sport was sold at Half price as well so GT7's revenue may be higher.
GT7 is outpacing GT Sport even at a higher price.

amigastar

GTA5 still doing those crazy numbers so many years after launch is crazy, i played it a lot, got it on ps4 and pc so im one of its fans(whole franchise fan actually, nto only gta5 fan), but even for me its hard to believe how well its selling =D
Yeah, it is crazy. I have bought it on Xbox360 and PC but it is still selling, a 10 year old game.

yurinka

Horizon Forbidden West sold half a mill in the UK alone? I was just in a thread where someone told me it flopped...
Well, some people also thinks that their direct competition has a monopoly or almost. But the sales numbers are the sales numbers. HZD sold over 20M copies and HFW is selling faster than HZD did. Forbidden West flopping is only a baseless fantasy.

But GT7 and horizon look to be in rough shape vs previous entries.
Not the case according to Sony and sales numbers. They had the best launch for any game in the history of these studios. This is not 'rough shape' at all, launch aligned HFW seems to be outselling HZD, a game that sold over 20M copies until now.

Sony was literally giving the game away during a time when the PS5 was hard to find. The sales numbers are bullshit. Same for GoW Ragnarok.
No, Sony doesn't include their games in game subs at launch. They are being sold full priced, and with some discount in bundles. The bundled copies for HFW are only around 20% of the total (for Europe).

Last edited:

Bragr

If Nintendo shared digital, all of the Sony games would have been pushed out of the top 10.

The ones that stand out to me are Red Dead 2 and WWE 2K22, I thought Red Dead 2 had slowed way down, and I didn't know WWE games sold like that in the UK.

Flabagast

If Nintendo shared digital, all of the Sony games would have been pushed out of the top 10.

The ones that stand out to me are Red Dead 2 and WWE 2K22, I thought Red Dead 2 had slowed way down, and I didn't know WWE games sold like that in the UK.
Red Dead 2 has seen a nice surge in sales during 2022 according to Take Two.

They should release a next gen version I guess that could pump it up to the top 15 , even top 10. There is still nothing nearly as impressive that has come out on next gen consoles

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
GTA 5, a nearly 10 year old game, is still in the top 5.

Fucking R* games have legs that last decades.

ANDS

Thought gaf was racist. Now knows better, honorary gaffer 2022
I think the bigger story is that ER barely managed to beat a 10 year old game. UK must really love them some R*. More, given RDR2 has these kinds of legs, it makes the sting of no more support for RDO even worse. . .they REALLY dropped the ball on that game.

geary

Assassin's Creed Valhalla in top 20 after 2 years since release....Just point out the discrepancies between this forum and rest of the world.

Lol Horizon and GT are both out performing their previous releases.

GT7 is outpacing GT Sport even at a higher price.

Gt Sport launched in November so it had two holiday seasons in its opening year. It also had bundles whereas GT7 did not so that's no indication of being out performed by Sport.

Gt sport...sales would be front loaded....so those 3 months wouldn't count and it sold twice as much physical as gt7 in one year.....

Horizon sold more on one platform in 2017 when there will have been less than half the ps4s compared to 2022s ps4s and ps5s..

How is this doing well on those two games?

Last edited:
Top Bottom