• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

AdaWong

For those that have beaten the game, is it possible to have a group of friends and have them delegated to a character in game?

It is... but I wouldn't pre-designate.
Some characters barely get any playtime so you'll really be burning some of your friends if they're enthusiastic about the game but pick someone who's a veritable non-factor.

Yep.
If the group of friends are 5 or less, then this would work, more than that? Then some of you guys will get the shitty end of of the stick.

OniBaka

Some characters barely get any playtime so you'll really be burning some of your friends if they're enthusiastic about the game but pick someone who's a veritable non-factor.

I thought that might be the case, would had made things a lot more interesting. Yelling at friend for causing your death lol.

Which characters get used the most if you don't mind me asking?

So that I don't have to read the whole thread.

How's this game perform? It's made with the Shadow Fall engine correct?

Is it 30fps locked with v-sync or is the frame rate variable (like 30-60?)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I've been looking forward to this since 2012 since the concept interested me. Been excited for it since I played the 20 minute demo last year, I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

Sad since I currently don't have a PS4 yet and can't afford one at this time, but will be the first game I pick up when I do. Going to have to avoid spoilers until then, though.

The attention spans of some people really scare me.

"I just started the game, not finished the prologue....but I had to post my impressions and say I'm dissapointed at the pacing."

Good grief, have you ever made it to the intro song of a Bond movie or do just bail 5mins in?

It's not that I have a limited attention span. What I said was that things begin so abruptly. It's disconcerting when you start because you're expected to care about the person whom the joke was played on, and you're beginning by controlling a character who we haven't even been introduced to, despite a brief story bit with the OTHER cast members. It's all very odd for me. I actually restarted the game before my first post because I thought that I must have skipped something...

I actually prefer very SLOW buildup.

UberTag

I thought that might be the case, would had made things a lot more interesting. Yelling at friend for causing your death lol.

Which characters get used the most if you don't mind me asking?
Going to spoiler this but here's the order you'll want to run with if pre-designating people pre-game... (starting with the character that gets the most playtime and going down from there)

Mike > Sam > Em > Chris = Ash > Matt > Jess = Josh
(bear in mind that the preorder DLC that goes live in a couple hours might inflate Matt and Emily's playtime some)

Going to spoiler this but here's the order you'll want to run with if pre-designating people pre-game... (starting with the character that gets the most playtime and going down from there)

(bear in mind that the preorder DLC that goes live in a couple hours might inflate Matt and Emily's playtime some)

this post is incredibly helpful thank you very much. I might be playing it with friends this weekend. I mean likely I'll know which chars get most screen time if I beat it before the weekend once, but still.

Leeness

Awesome, thanks. I think I'm playing with three other people in a couple of weeks, so divvying up two characters to each, this will be a good measure haha.

border

Do you have to download the DLC separately if you pre-ordered a digital copy? I'm not seeing it anywhere on the store.

UberTag

Do you have to download the DLC separately if you pre-ordered a digital copy? I'm not seeing it anywhere on the store.
Did you check your library? If you bought a digital copy it should already be licensed to you (mine already showed up as installed even before kicking off the pre-load).

shows up in download list but keeps giving me an error

P74LJCd.png

OniBaka

Thanks, think I'll just pass the controller around.

Reule

Sorry if this has been answered but can the bonus chapter be redeemed already? Just paid the game off, just waiting till midnight now. We'd like it included for our first playthrough.

Riptwo

This game just nearly blew my speakers up. I have to crank everything so loud to hear the dialogue that everything started to crackle during a jump scare, even though I've set the music and effects to the half way mark. I think I need to wait for a patch, because this is ridiculous.

Edit: The crackling bass sound is persisting, even at low volumes. Speakers are fine with other media, so I'm beginning to think it's just a bug. Dammit!

I posted this in the review thread, but I will leave it here as well.

Many Best Buy stores are having a Midnight Opening tonight for Madden. My Best Buy said they will be selling/releasing Until Dawn as well. So if you preordered at Best Buy, or simply want to buy it there, you could get it tonight at Midnight if your local Best Buy is doing a Midnight Launch.

You can find which stores are opening at Midnight by clicking the FIND A STORE link on the bottom left of this page. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/madden-nfl/pcmcat335100050016.c?id=pcmcat335100050016

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Well I asked a question, I was answered...and I prepurchased the game on PSN. Can't wait for this. I expect one hell of a wild ride!

graywolf323

accidentally posted this in the review thread so reposting it here

the preorder bonus will be available for purchase separately right? I need to try it from Redbox to be sure if it's really for me or not since I'm not really a fan of scary stuff but I'd hate to miss out on a bonus chapter if I end up enjoying it :-/

UberTag

accidentally posted this in the review thread so reposting it here

the preorder bonus will be available for purchase separately right? I need to try it from Redbox to be sure if it's really for me or not since I'm not really a fan of scary stuff but I'd hate to miss out on a bonus chapter if I end up enjoying it :-/
I imagine it will go up on PSN eventually like most preorder DLC incentives.
You'll probably have to wait a bit for that to happen, though.
(Perhaps around Halloween.)

Ugh I really want to like you Until Dawn.

I love some of the actors you've casted (especially Peter Stormare)

But you're abundance of jump scares is too much for this wuss :(

I also don't like the cheapness of them lol.

Also the fucking gif in the OP got me... (well done OP btw)

Guess its just Madden 16 tomorrow.

Amazing OT, Dinjooh; it looks awesome!

Can't wait for tomorrow; my copy's shipped and I'm so ready for tomorrow night! All I need is my DLC code from Amazon and I'll be ready to go. I hope I wake up and it's in my inbox tomorrow. The DLC seems kind of crucial ...

I finally preordered it today. Damn thing is taking 10 more hours. Now I wish I did it yesterday!

Is there any first installation update? That'll be the true horror for me.

Everyone's baiting their wives with the game, eh!!! Lol

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I was just about to pre-order when I read that there is no option to invert the aiming, so certain QTE sequences may just fail due to not having ideal control setups for us chosen ones. Shame, this is a serious pet peeve and well...sorry Supergiant, patch it and I'll possibly bite later.

BiggNife

Sorry if this has been asked, I haven't looked through the entire thread -

Is Sony allowing most of this game to be streamed? And by that I mean are there a lot of blocked scenes? Or is it just a few like most games?

The fact you can see a lot of what this game offers by just watching a stream made me wonder if they'd just block most of it off, like how Guilty Gear doesn't let you stream any of its story mode.

I was just about to pre-order when I read that there is no option to invert the aiming, so certain QTE sequences may just fail due to not having ideal control setups for us chosen ones. Shame, this is a serious pet peeve and well...sorry Supergiant, patch it and I'll possibly bite later.
Supermassive*

Alo0oy

Banned
1 minute remaining until I can play it.

It still says 13 hours remaining for the download, but I should still be able to play the early chapters, right?

FYI, I played a section outside with Matt and Emily which I am pretty sure is the DLC. I did not have to download anything extra to my PS4, before I started the game I went to the webstore and hit download and it just said "Playable" but nothing ever actually downloaded on my system. So it has to be on the disc.

This further confirms what UberTag said, it was pretty much just blatantly cut from the game as a pre-order bonus. I mean, it's basically inconsequential as nothing much happens and it's not very long, but it's still kind of a shitty move on (I presume Sony's) part.

Top Bottom