• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WEDNESDAYTON PT 3 or: How sony fans stopped worrying and learned to love the bomba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firewire

Banned
schuelma said:
I'd guess no, since Japan isn't really the target market for that kind of game. Just guessing though.

I know, but the lack of details at the German show gave me hope for a little bit of news at TGS!

Kyoufu

jstevenson said:
Huh? How did I kill it, I just said I don't know everything they're planning for the keynote.

I got some weird vibe from your previous post telling me no bombs were dropped :(

Amir0x said:
I'd take an Einhander sequel for even DS if I have to, just give me that shit

and yet they clamor for what is possibly square's worst game since tom sawyer or king's knight. hell i'd probably call it worse than those two combined.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Just show me the sixaxis with touchsense technology (or describe/demo it I suppose), aka DS3. Every thing else is bonus to me.

Firewire said:
Anyone think we'll hear anything on Killzone2?

Yes, and I'll tell you.

Kaz will open with a montage of FFVII screenshots with epic game music, then the lights will go out and the Flash game I have been developing will be unleashed upon the gaming world.

Shortly after, Bill Gates and other executive Microsoft monkeys will raid the stage pantless and clad in Killzone 2 helmets, hysterically chanting "...and your contribution to this world is what?"...as GAF implodes from the fleeting glimpse of masterful game design illustrated by my aforementioned Flash game.

So I say, avert ye eyes!

Believe.

Dragona Akehi said:
and yet they clamor for what is possibly square's worst game since tom sawyer or king's knight. hell i'd probably call it worse than those two combined.

looks like SOMEONE never had the pleasure of playing unlimited saga! :lol

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Bad_Boy said:
Just show me the sixaxis with touchsense technology (or describe/demo it I suppose), aka DS3. Every thing else is bonus to me.
Yeah, really.

I just want my Shock & Yaw, and I want a street date.

(it's gotta be like next week, cause no one will by another controller now)

Dragona Akehi said:

worst? just because it is overrated by other doesnt mean you should severly underrate it.

Square has plenty of terrible games.

Tabris

Dragona Akehi said:

You're talking about Final Fantasy IX right? :)

Honestly, the reason why FFVII needs a remake more than any other game is it's between the best looking games of their generations, FFVI and FFVIII. FFVI still is very pleasant to the eyes, FFVIII is still very pleasant to the eyes, FFVII is not.

It's the only FF game that's an eyesore. FF1 (origins) looks better to me than FFVII.

I can go back and play Einhander w/o thinking about the graphics. I can go back and play Chrono Trigger w/o thinking about the graphics. No reason to remake games like that because there's nothing wrong with the graphics.

Early PS1/Saturn/N64 are the worst graphics to go back to.

Manmademan said:
looks like SOMEONE never had the pleasure of playing unlimited saga! :lol

unlimited saga is a complete mess in some respects, but shit, at least it has incredibly solid gameplay elements at its heart.

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
Too good of an idea and not an RPG, it will never happen.

yeah.

i can't wait for their 3D remakes of Final Fantasy I, II, V, VI and Dragon Quest I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII for DS, Dragon Quest VIII (Mobile phone edition) and enhanced ports of Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX for PSP

Firewire

Banned
gregor7777 said:
Yes, and I'll tell you.

Kaz will open with a montage of FFVII screenshots with epic game music, then the lights will go out and the Flash game I have been developing will be unleashed upon the gaming world.

Shortly after, Bill Gates and other executive Microsoft monkeys will raid the stage pantless and clad in Killzone 2 helmets, hysterically chanting "...and your contribution to this world is what?"...as GAF implodes from the fleeting glimpse of masterful game design illustrated by my aforementioned Flash game.

So I say, avert ye eyes!

Believe.

:lol

Well you know that's because most rpgs are horrible cheesy over the top dialog(even for game standards) garbage.

I wonder when SE is going to announce their new MMO.

We've known about it since...what was it 05? late 05?

Ikael

FFVII:Endless Crisis, MMO from team FFXI!

that'd be awesome

I just wanted a proper sequel entirely ignoring the advent children plot and with Nomura only in charge of the designs, no plot / directing / script or whatsoever. Still, I know that it is not gonna happen :(

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
yeah.

i can't wait for their 3D remakes of Final Fantasy I, II, V, VI and Dragon Quest I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII for PSP, Dragon Quest VIII (Mobile phone edition) and enhanced ports of Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX for PSP

And yet there will never be a remake to Panzer Dragoon Saga ever, the world is truly unfair.

Tabris

Dragona Akehi said:
unlike some games that fanboys swoon over, it has an actual battle system.

Which game are you talking about? FFVII has the same depth of battle system as FFVI and FFVIII and FFIX. So I really don't know what you're insulting.

Vespa

swiis2.gif

KAZ HAS CANDY! BUT WILL HE SHARE? BELIEVE

Crisis

Banned
The arguing in this thread is hilarious. Nothing's been announced and we have no idea what's going to be. Don't set yourself up for it, NeoGAF.:lol

Dragona Akehi said:
unlike some games that fanboys swoon over, it has an actual battle system.

Unlimited saga is pure trash. Battle System, Storyline...the thing's a mess from start to finish. Good luck finding ANYONE, ANYWHERE that will agree with you.

I'd point you to the endless reviews that all say essentially the same thing, but why bother? if you've played the game for five seconds you'd know there are no redeeming qualities about it whatsoever.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Manmademan said:
Unlimited saga is pure trash. Battle System, Storyline...the thing's a mess from start to finish. Good luck finding ANYONE, ANYWHERE that will agree with you.

Bad taste....RPG...Kazawu.....

Where's rk

mr_nothin

Banned
Defuser said:
1 and a half hour to go.
Man I love your avatar.....i cant explain why im so attracted to her, she's cute but she aint all that but for some odd reason it's like she's fine as hell. :lol
I hate when that happens but i love that avatar :D
GlassAya.png

Amir0x

Banned
Manmademan said:
Over FF7? Whoever it is needs to put the pipe down.

I'll champion Unlimited SaGa over FF7 anyday. Underneath its infinitely obtuse surface is a game that has a really, REALLY strategic system.

FFVII cannot achieve strategy even on its best day.

Synless

mr_nothin said:
Man I love your avatar.....i cant explain why im so attracted to her, she's cute but she aint all that but for some odd reason it's like she's fine as hell. :lol
I hate when that happens but i love that avatar :D
GlassAya.png
:lol I was thinking the same thing everytime i see that avatar she's so sexy to me for some reason.
*edit* I think it's her glasses?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amir0x said:
I'll champion Unlimited SaGa over FF7 anyday. Underneath its infinitely obtuse surface is a game that has a really, REALLY strategic system.

This is an elaborate inside joke between the mods to stir shit up and get people banned, right?

Right?

Right?!

Amir0x said:

FF7 is easy, I admit. 99% of all RPG's not made by atlus fall into this category. But all the strategy in the world doesn't make a damn bit of difference if your game isn't fun to play.

If I have to spend half the game digging through the "obtuse surface" to begin to enjoy it- fuck it, I'll sell it back and play something else.

It might be someone's cup of tea, but whoever it is is most certainly in the minority.

This is an elaborate inside joke between the mods to stir shit up and get people banned, right?

Has to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom