• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your go-to pasta type?

Favorite pasta?

• Spaghetti

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Linguine

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Penne

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Conchiglie

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Campanelle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rigatoni

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Gemelli

• Rigati

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Fettucine

• Tripoline

• Farfalle

• Fusilli

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Macaroni

• Cavatappi

• Vaginajucci

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Ravioli

• Tagliatelle

• Radiatori

• Gnocci

• Bucatini

• Manicotti

• Lasagne

• Angel Hair

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Orecchiette

• Other (please mention)

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

German Hops

The amount of different shapes of pasta you can get amazes me. There are many I've never even tried! It's going to be my new years resolution of 2023 to get all the pasta creds. How many do you have? And what is your favorite?

conchiglie-pasta-al-forno-baked-pasta-shells.-640x433.jpg

My fave is Conchiglie, which is shell shaped, because it acts like a little pocket for whatever food your having with pasta. There's nothing more satisfying than biting into a Conchiglie that has loads of tuna mayo hiding inside. I do like buying Farfalle now and again as a special treat though.

Last edited:
Ravioli when I want to spend a more money.

But if I buy the dry packaged stuff, I like big shell shapes similar to what German Hops posted. There's different shell shapes, but I like the bigger ones.

The amount of different shapes of pasta you can get amazes me. There are many I've never even tried! It's going to be my new years resolution of 2023 to get all the pasta creds. How many do you have? And what is your favorite?

conchiglie-pasta-al-forno-baked-pasta-shells.-640x433.jpg

My fave is Conchiglie, which is shell shaped, because it acts like a little pocket for whatever food your having with pasta. There's nothing more satisfying than biting into a Conchiglie that has loads of tuna mayo hiding inside. I do like buying Farfalle now and again as a special treat though.
Big watch out though! lol

Biting into a spoonful of these with hot gushy pasta sauce = mouth burn!

GeekyDad

If I was going to eat just the noodle with very little else, other than evoo, salt and pepper, it would probably be fettuccine. But there can't simply be a "go-to pasta" for me. Though the flavor may essentially be the same, the textures, size and shape just interact with their sauces in a very specific way. Whether that be nostalgia or whatever, I just don't care. There cannot be only one.

(Except maybe that
Vaginajucci, which sounds pretty damn tasty by itself.)

GeekyDad

Okay, wait, didn't see you had gnoccis listed. But...I don't think you can really get away with calling that a pasta. But I'd eat those fuckin' things raw if I could. Soooooo good!

Last edited:

German Hops

Okay, wait, didn't see you had gnoccis listed. But...I don't think you can really get away with calling that a pasta. But I'd eat those fuckin' things raw if I could. Soooooo good!
You got me on a technicality.
I've bought different brands of gnocchi, but most of them seem to be incredibly sour and leave a terrible aftertaste.
Before I start doing my own investigations as to which brands are edible (I haven't kept a record), does anyone know of a reasonably priced brand (<$5) that doesn't taste sour?

Oh and this;

VN1X

my favourite pasta is the copypasta!

A girl.... AND a gamer? Whoa mama! Hummina hummina hummina bazooooooooing! *eyes pop out* AROOOOOOOOGA! *jaw drops tongue rolls out* WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF *tongue bursts out of the outh uncontrollably leaking face and everything in reach* WURBLWUBRLBWURblrwurblwurlbrwubrlwburlwbruwrlblwublr *tiny cupid shoots an arrow through heart* Ahhhhhhhhhhh me lady... *heart in the shape of a heart starts beating so hard you can see it through shirt* ba-bum ba-bum ba-bum ba-bum ba-bum *milk truck crashes into a bakery store in the background spiling white liquid and dough on the streets* BABY WANTS TO FUCK *inhales from the gas tank* honka honka honka honka *masturabtes furiously* ohhhh my gooooodd~

Last edited:
i'm not a huge pasta fan. i like it but i need to be in the mood for it.

i hate spaghetti. ravioli i like but i don't know the names of the others. i like the little bowtie pasta and the straw pasta. the spiral one is not bad either.

these ones:

e6Rgsq5.jpg

and i will only eat pasta with cheese. i've tried many pasta sauces and i hate them all. give me basic ass pasta drowned in cheese and nothing else.

Last edited:

German Hops

i'm not a huge pasta fan. i like it but i need to be in the mood for it.

i hate spaghetti. ravioli i like but i don't know the names of the others. i like the little bowtie pasta and the straw pasta. the spiral one is not bad either.

these ones:

e6Rgsq5.jpg

and i will only eat pasta with cheese. i've tried many pasta sauces and i hate them all. give me basic ass pasta drowned in cheese and nothing else.
Corzetti? I have not seen that one before...

GeekyDad

You got me on a technicality.
I've bought different brands of gnocchi, but most of them seem to be incredibly sour and leave a terrible aftertaste.
Before I start doing my own investigations as to which brands are edible (I haven't kept a record), does anyone know of a reasonably priced brand (<$5) that doesn't taste sour?

Oh and this;

Hmm...I never experienced that before, even with store-bought. You are getting potato gnoccis, right?

Man, my girlfriend's grandmother used to make the most amazing gnoccis. I remember she would start early in the morning and go straight until dinner time working on them. Of course, it was a family affair, which meant I had to help roll them.

I once watched Marco Pierre White claim De Cecco pasta was the best available and I've been repping it ever since. It's a little more than other brands, but I love the packaging and quality.

DE-CECCO-groupage_1200x1200.jpg

Woggleman

A Bolognese sauce?

Aw man, if there's one thing I want to perfect cooking is a solid Bolognese sauce.
Here is my recipe if you want

4 Cans of crushed tomatoes
2 cans of puree
One can of tomato past
One or two chopped up onions depending on the size
A whole lot of minced garlic
93 percent lean Ground beef
Ground sausage

Sautee the onions and garlic in a pot with some olive oil and then when they are done throw in the beef and sausage and use a chopper to them up.
When that mixture is done throw in all the tomatoes and it's okay to put some water in there if it is too thick

Once that cooks a little throw in a mixture of salt, pepper, oregano, basil, parsley and a small amount of red pepper. Also throw in a tiny bit of sugar to combat the acidity.

Let this cook on the stove for about four to five hours under a low to medium flame

When it is done cooking I usually freeze it in containers so we have enough for a few more times.

Top Bottom