• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the 'mass exodus' thread was about Donkey Kong. Don't the rest of it or which one, though. Boggles the mind that people could get so worked up about shit like that.

[Nintex]

Olimario comes to mind but no one beats the Hoffman, Snah or Hans or whatever other accounts the guy has. He's probably still among us waiting for his chance to strike.

I wasn't a member yet, but I remember Crushed as a poster in the Smash Bros Brawl thread and was sad when he got banned. Although I don't remember what for.

This whole Himuro thing is complete news to me, though. I need to go into more threads on GAF, apparently.

Leunam

RustyNails said:
For being a mega troll in every thread out there. Had it coming.

Well yeah but I was curious about what finally did him in. Looks like it was the black-culture thread.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
KG Yo Beer, Greekboy's best one.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Narag said:
He was account suiciding.

I've never understood the reasoning for that, aside from being a dick. Like, you can just not navigate to the site in question, and never login to post.

Doesn't seem like too hard of a thing to do.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Was it Segata Sanshiro who left after he got angry in an argument about Donkey Kong Country? I got the feeling he had been planning on leaving GAF anyway and had been waiting for an opportunity to make a big deal out of it, but I guess it never came and he just used a Donkey Kong fight for it, so it was all kinda sad. So I guess not really best or funny.

DMeisterJ said:
I've never understood the reasoning for that, aside from being a dick. Like, you can just not navigate to the site in question, and never login to post.

Doesn't seem like too hard of a thing to do.

People most likely do it for shits and giggles and to make sure they are never tempted to start over. It is the same reason people determined to quit WoW will delete their toons so they are not tempted to waste more money on it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
John Dunbar said:
Was it Segata Sanshiro who left after he got angry in an argument about Donkey Kong Country? I got the feeling he had been planning on leaving GAF anyway and had been waiting for an opportunity to make a big deal out of it, but I guess it never came and he just used a Donkey Kong fight for it, so it was all kinda sad. So I guess not really best or funny.
Yeah :( He was so awesome

AMUSIX

crowphoenix said:
Edit: Also, there were those in that thread doing everything in their power to circumvent Evilore's decision to make all gaming news into its own thread. Don't know how many there were. I wasn't a member by that point.
This is wrong...

Essentially, it went like this:

-RB thread had become massive and unwieldy (for the second time). Like any other long-lasting thread (or topic, eg Soccer-GAF, PoliGAF, etc) a group of regulars had become a micro community.
-Like any other thread, conversation would sway on and off topic, but any question asked about RB was always promptly answered. Likewise, the OP was constantly being updated with any RB news and DLC info
-In order for major news not to be lost, the 'RB community' was told to create additional threads...this was for things like Lada Gaga coming to DLC
-E3 approached, RB3 news starts to come out. Sometimes features or announcements or previews were considered large enough to make a thread, sometimes they weren't.
-EvilLore posts in the RB thread, reasserting that all major news should receive its own thread, does not reply to requests of just where the line is drawn to determine if news is 'major'
-An RB3 feature is announced by Harmonix (I forget exactly what, but it was 'larger' news) and a separate thread was created, had a page or two of discussion in it, but was pushed off the front page by the flood of other pre-E3 news
-A day or two later, EvilLore posts in the RB thread, demanding to know why he hadn't heard of the RB3 feature, and berates the RB thread, accusing them of withholding information, and saying that they're on the verge of being shut down (discussion was already happening on how best to handle a new RB thread/a RB DLC thread/other RB news thread when RB3 came out) For some reason, I think EvilLore also made his own thread announcing the RB3feature, but I can't recall for sure.
-The fact that the other thread exists (and that there was discussion in it) was pointed out to EvilLore, a bit rudely by some members, but pretty much as a response to his unfounded scolding
-EvilLore hands out a perma ban
-That night, ONE MEMBER reacts to EvilLore's treatment of the situation by spamming the Gaming Forum with a thread for every minor new announced feature of RB3
-In a non-GAF related irc, a few of the RB-regulars laugh at the ridiculousness of the member's spamming...the typical laughter that comes with "holy fuck, what did you do!" and minor egg-ing on comments that come with any account suicide (this thread has a number of clear examples of this)
-small bits of the irc transcript are pasted into the RB thread
-EvilLore perma-bans the spamming Member, and ANY other member that laughed at the situation, whether they laughed in IRC or on GAF, and locks down the thread.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
John Dunbar said:
Yeah he was a great poster... but I never really understand why he left.

Yeah, if you play in the dirt with the trolls you will begin to think that GAF is over-run by them. So don't do it. Talk with other folks about games that matter...

daffy

Banned
John Dunbar said:
no. way. :lol :lol

edit:
AMUSIX said:
This is wrong...

Essentially, it went like this:

*RB Timeline*
Hmmm, I see. Interesting.

BocoDragon said:
Yeah he was a great poster... but I never really understand why he left.

Yeah, if you play in the dirt with the trolls you will begin to think that GAF is over-run by them. So don't do it. Talk with other folks about games that matter...

His last back-and-forth was with KevinCow, too, a member who I'd hardly consider a troll or even an idiot poster. They just disagreed with shit. Bleh.

KaotikMind said:
Himuro only pointed out that Koshiba kept posting about her boobs hoping to get attention like a hundred times and people went nuts calling him a sexist. He didn't do anything wrong.

Koshiba has serious issues and pathetic simps were/are only enabling her.

RustyNails said:
Nizar's ban. Oh god, it was a glorious meltdown. Glorious.

GAF lost one of its best posters in the process. Funny how people who can't argue shit with some posters can only hope the same posters are banned.

Is it just me, or is Haunted on some kind of ban where he's banned every other week? So he's allowed on GAF two non-consecutive weeks a month?

Maybe Kitsune was telling the truth? I'm sure it was his English writing style that made people the most suspicious... it was too good for a for foreigner. It was too American, even for a Brit.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Green Scar said:
His last back-and-forth was with KevinCow, too, a member who I'd hardly consider a troll or even an idiot poster. They just disagreed with shit. Bleh.
link if possible?

JBaird was just amazing. I've never read such a compelling thread before. It just took on a life of it's own and Amirox gave the dude so many chances to give up.

Nothing like that thread.

Instigator said:
GAF lost one of its best posters in the process. Funny how people who can't argue shit with some posters can only hope the same posters are banned.
What's more funny is you think Nizar is one of the "best poster". Lol.

He was a pathetic individual with serious self-esteem issues. Just because he you were his trusty sidekick in his crusades against Islam and Muslims in Islamic Threads doesn't make him "best poster", no matter his writing style. I'm probably giving that moron way too much credit than he deserves, so I'm done speaking about that sad, pathetic man-child.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Green Scar said:
ka-blammo

That dumbass_ thread is brilliant. The thing I love about bish is that he's just as bananas as the rest of us

I'm 90% sure he was trolling, but still...

dumbass_ said:
This thread is already over 3000 reply let it die and hide what happened in here for fuck sake, i thought this thread was dead yet people kept calling me out for the last 3 pages when i posted nothing at all wtf do you want from me? it's not only in this thread, i noticed in every gaming thread i post people go wtf and come here to check this thread so this won't end until every member in gaf see this thread, lock it or give me my name back or something not cool at all, and then they come here and name call me etc YES saying dumbass is name calling it's not a joke.

Do these idiots who was not here when whole thing started know wtf is going on? they come by say dumbass lololz dumbass dumbass DUMBASS then leave as if they even know me, not cool, how about you try to love me before you judge me by 1 freaking post out of 200?

I feel as if I'm Michael Jackson and you guys are being the tabloid , everyone wants to get into fame on my shoulders and spread all those lies about me, no I'm not a freaking joke account for the million time and I'm NOT a toll.

What anger me the most is i cant post anything really, everything i post registered as dumbass even if the mods give me back my name after a while, so I'll go into a hibernate mode until i become a "member" (2months~) and until my avatar/ID return.

You guys are so mean i swear it's like if I'm that guy who people talk about who is in a relationship with a hot b*tch , she is too hot (GAF) and can not leave her, yet she keep punishing him but he say it's ok because she is hot.

I'm going to sleep and fuck it i don't care if tomorrow is new and a better day I'll stop being optimistic so now you guys know why some people turn emo it's because the world is not fair wtf have i done to deserve this seriously SERIOUSLY?

And Fuck anyone who gonna say lol at and my post or say I'm Joke character confirmed or whatever BS try living my life with this stupid name+avatar where the place you wanted to be turned into nightmare what was wrong if i got a pm warning or whatever instead of making me a joke.

I have a disease in my blood where i can't move much every 3 months for a month when i replace my blood so i really really like to spend lot of time here even before i became a member, here you go i came as a pathetic now go ahead make fun of me if this make you feel happy assholes.

Peace.

legacyzero

Banned
Account suicides dont happen nearly enough. I myself have only been on GAF since FEB. But I've been lurking for over a year.

Fun stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom