• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to go with jbaird since that was such a ride to follow. Actual concern followed by detective GAF and the eventual banning was something, for sure. I was only lurking at the time, but wowza.

This has been an awesome thread to look back through, hahaha.

There's one guy I remember almost a year ago getting upset over on gaming side about something. I can't remember for the life of me what it was about. I think it may have been windows/mac or something, but he was flipping his lid in the thread. I think he was not the best at english as well, if that helps jog anyone's memory.

winter said:
Blame Space was a juvenile homophobic brat.

I kind of hope he was banned for this post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27638452&postcount=330 but he managed to survive for a couple weeks after making it (maybe because he edited it).
The funny part about that is that I'm pretty sure blame space is gay.

That doesn't mean I actually want him back, because he contributed absolutely zero to any topics he posted in, and usually bitched about supposed PC stuff.

hemtae

Typographenia said:
There's one guy I remember almost a year ago getting upset over on gaming side about something. I can't remember for the life of me what it was about. I think it may have been windows/mac or something, but he was flipping his lid in the thread. I think he was not the best at english as well, if that helps jog anyone's memory.

there was this topic: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395227

But the OP wasn't the one perm'd

Replicant said:
How about that guy who pretended that his GF and his GF's sister went missing/dead/raped? Then he said he has to "Ly dow".

That was JBaird

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Is there a story behind that picture of the dude with the White People Only sign? Is that real?

SRG01

Mononofu said:
Damn anyone remember JCBossman? He made a ban bet and received this tag

JCBossman
Sunday, May 6, 2007.
1 Year, On The Clock.
The Countdown's On.

everyone forgot about it until SRG01 snitched lol

My finest moment :D

edit: The only reason why I remembered was because of his tag :p

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Salva, you're gonna have to clue me in on Tonay.

I tried looking it up, but I can't for the life of me remember what he was like.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
BlueWord said:
What went down, exactly?
I think Fistful revealed he uses adblock, so EviLore banned him and said he would reverse his decision when Fistful donated $50 to cover lost advertising revenue or something.

As for the specific comment, IDK.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
BlueWord said:
What went down, exactly?

fistful pretty much said flat out that he used an adblocker on GAF to avoid seeing the ads, and that it wasn't his responsibility to ensure GAF got any cash flow from users seeing the ads. So Evilore banned him with a comment going something like 'paypal me $50 and I'll reactivate your account'. I'd find the thread/post for you if I could be arsed to :p

Seventh

What was NintendosBooger eventually banned for? I always enjoyed reading his crazy threads in the OT. I don't care if they were fake, they were still pretty funny. Even more so if he was actually serious.

MC Safety

serafakia's departure was great. "Her" weepy apology was equal parts idiotic and incoherent.

"She" still posts here as verboten. And is still pretending to be female.

Combichristoffersen

MC Safety said:
serafakia's departure was great. "Her" weepy apology was equal parts idiotic and incoherent.

"She" still posts here as verboten. And is still pretending to be female.

Serafitia was the guy who stole some random girl's identity/photos, right?

Slayven

My favorite since it was the first one i witnessed live was a guy shitting on Dead rising the week before launch. He claimed to have played it and talked about terrible everything about it was. So a mod asked for his gamertag to confirm he had played it. Then he played "I played over my friends house and didn't want to give it out card". He went dark and then was banned.

I remember someone telling about a thread with some user trying to trade pics (nude pics) of his gf for a PSP or some handheld? Can't remember who but it always comes up in these type of threads.

Combichristoffersen

spiderman123 said:
I remember someone telling about a thread with some user trying to trade pics (nude pics) of his gf for a PSP or some handheld? Can't remember who but it always comes up in these type of threads.

That was olimario IIRC. I think someone traded him a PSP for nude pics of his then current girlfriend.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Also, wasn't Costanza banned for admittedly stacking those coupons from the ESA or whatever. Or am I just putting the wrong pieces together? I know people have made jokes about that in the past.

I think he got banned due to some unspecified shenanigans in the Rock Band thread over at the gaming side

These threads always give me a laugh. The JBaird one was the only one I actively "followed" I guess you could say.

Also, wasn't Costanza banned for admittedly stacking those coupons from the ESA or whatever. Or am I just putting the wrong pieces together? I know people have made jokes about that in the past.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
AdmiralViscen:

The graphics of Turok PS3 were so underwhelming that he asked if it would run on 40GB PS3's in Bish's thread.

Combichristoffersen

Jinfash said:
AdmiralViscen:

The graphics of Turok PS3 were so underwhelming that he asked if it would run on 40GB PS3's in Bish's thread.

Oh snap :lol Yeah, that one was pretty much asking for a ban

Man, what a timesink this thread has been. I have 20 tabs open now.

With NPD threads shadows of their former selves, meltdowns/bannings are the last guilty pleasures of GAF.

Oppo

Alligatorjandro said:
This is like a history lesson.
Indeed.

I humbly put forth the idea of a stickied "gone but not forgotten" thread. Where we can look upon the great flaming wreckage of famous account suicides and flame-outs, laugh and perhaps learn from them.

NeoGAF is like Game of Thrones. No character is safe, no personality, however colourful, is sacred.

To this end I would nominate the title of such a thead to read: "Heads. Spikes. Walls."

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Threi said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55845

best thing about it? His "exit" wasn't a ban at all.
I never really got this one. Sure the bump was great and all but it's not like he was persisting it was true the whole time. His first post already covered him by saying it could be speculation and his second post was like "don't shoot the messenger" saying he got it from a survey. The only part that made it a bit funny was the follow up "l33t" post

spiderman123 said:
He's sitting in the corner plotting his revenge, rubbing his hands, twirling his evil mustache and then 3 years later BAM!
See, it wasn't even close to being something like this.

Maybe I'm being a cynical bastard on this one but shit it never stopped bugging me.

Lijik

Jbaird for sure, I have never been so enveloped in a thread before.
Plus making that movie poster was fun

Snuggler said:
I saw Godzilla get banned. Him and another member made a post in a Dragon Age thread suggesting that PC gamers are pirates, and it just so happened that Evilore was in that thread and he banned them a day for every copy of DA:O sold on PC.
Wasnt there a similar instance where a guy claimed everyone who used a no-cd patch was a pirate and a bunch of people posted proof of evidence to the contrary, and he wound up being banned a year for each post?
At least I remember contributing to something like that.

PortTwo said:
Indeed.

I humbly put forth the idea of a stickied "gone but not forgotten" thread. Where we can look upon the great flaming wreckage of famous account suicides and flame-outs, laugh and perhaps learn from them.

NeoGAF is like Game of Thrones. No character is safe, no personality, however colourful, is sacred.

To this end I would nominate the title of such a thead to read: "Heads. Spikes. Walls."

I second this.

PortTwo said:
I think that would probably just result in more people trying to "make the list," so to speak. Indirectly encouraging the kind of behavior these people are banned for.

Of course, what we're doing isn't so much better, but it's not hanging on the wall above the fireplace like a stickied thread would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom