• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why not just give us the Xmen already?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
They will race swap Xavier and Magneto. Cant have a white man overseeing such a diverse cast of POCs.
I could care less who plays who. I just want good actors involved.

Anything is better than the recent McAvoy years.

RCU005

He's already died once before, in Loki, Woman Loki kills "this universes" version of him after he warns that more Kangs will come. So really, he's died twice already!

The first one where Sylvie kills him was ok, because that’s what triggers the multiverse. Kang dying on Ant-Man is stupid, though.

If they didn’t want to kill Ant-Man yet, they could’ve killed Janet or Hank. Or at least they should’ve made like a very tense scene where they barely managed to scape and get to leave Kang trapped again. Or at the very, very least, they should’ve never mention that he’s dead.

Last edited:

pramod

The first one where Sylvie kills him was ok, because that’s what triggers the multiverse. Kang dying on Ant-Man is stupid, though.

If they didn’t want to kill Ant-Man yet, they could’ve killed Janet or Hank. Or at least they should’ve made like a very tense scene where they barely managed to scape and get to leave Kang trapped again. Or at the very, very least, they should’ve never mention that he’s dead.

I think they are intentionally setting up all these multiple Kangs and killing them off so that you are forced to watch everything just to follow wtf is going on.

RCU005

I think they are intentionally setting up all these multiple Kangs and killing them off so that you are forced to watch everything just to follow wtf is going on.

Probably, but the Kang in Ant-Man said that he was the most powerful of all of them, so now that he was easily killed, what interest should we have to watch everything if the other Kangs will be easier to kill?

Marvel just dropped the ball so hard. If Kang is dead, they negate his power and menace. If he is alive, then there’s no consequences for anything and like usual, death means nothing, and can’t take it seriously.

Whoever wrote and greenlit the ending of Ant-Man, just destroyed Phase 5 in the first movie. There could still be other good movies and whatnot, but it’s going to be very hard to take this villain seriously and be invested in him.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Older than air but younger than the foundations of the earth
Oh great you just reminded me on how (because of lucrativness of crossovers) they always have to change storys to make things take place in the present.....ugggghhh.

Its Punisher as a Desert Storm vet all over again.
I mean, they can't make Magneto over 100 years old in the MCU ... Unless he took some form of super soldier serum, but even then he'd still age normally, like Steve did.

Probably, but the Kang in Ant-Man said that he was the most powerful of all of them, so now that he was easily killed, what interest should we have to watch everything if the other Kangs will be easier to kill?

Marvel just dropped the ball so hard. If Kang is dead, they negate his power and menace. If he is alive, then there’s no consequences for anything and like usual, death means nothing, and can’t take it seriously.

Whoever wrote and greenlit the ending of Ant-Man, just destroyed Phase 5 in the first movie. There could still be other good movies and whatnot, but it’s going to be very hard to take this villain seriously and be invested in him.

I don't think that Kang is dead. He's lost in time .. he'll be back. The other Kangs just THINK he's dead.

Gp1

I mean, they can't make Magneto over 100 years old in the MCU ... Unless he took some form of super soldier serum, but even then he'd still age normally, like Steve did.

But Xavier has to be at least close to his age. Difficult for them to relate if Xavier is 3 generations younger than Magneto

DeafTourette

Older than air but younger than the foundations of the earth
But Xavier has to be at least close to his age. Difficult for them to relate if Xavier is 3 generations younger than Magneto

That's what I'm saying. If you want them around the same age, they have to have gone through something more recent. It can't be Auschwitz anymore... It'll have to be something else... Bosnia, Rwanda, Ireland, somalia, Chechnya, China, something...

Reactions: Gp1

CGNoire

I don't think that Kang is dead. He's lost in time .. he'll be back. The other Kangs just THINK he's dead.
Parrellel worlds colliding maybe....idk.

Scotty W

Agreed, but they need to explain why they never fought Thanos, such as Slave Island but I fully expect it’ll either go unmentioned or the Eternals route of, nah… we couldn’t be bothered saving the universe that time.
No!

The entire franchise as it exists right now needs to disappear.

Wipe the slate clean and make the 90’s show.

bitbydeath

No!

The entire franchise as it exists right now needs to disappear.

Wipe the slate clean and make the 90’s show.
A reset or different multiverse would be ideal, but She-Hulk showed they rather just fuck it all up by pretending mutants already exist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom