• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Maybe waiting to react to the price until they say what is included in the package might be you know, the SANE thing to do.

Nester

$250 if it comes with two controllers is fine by me. I was planning on buying three extra sets of controllers anyways, bundled with Wii Sports it's about the same price, seeing as Wii Sports is worth about $20.00.

robot

Kinda expected $250, but these disappointed posts are hilarious. Is the $50 really that big a deal, especially if it comes with a game?

Alex

Fifty bucks can be a big deal to some of us. :p Also, being a I don't want any extra pack in shit, I hope if they do decide to throw in a game, another control, etc, it's in a different bundle.

I'd much rather pay 179-199 for just the typical.

250 for a Gamecube with a cute controller just sounds excessive.

bachikarn

I don't want to wait two months for my Wii. What happened to all the rumors that said it would be lunaching 'early?' : [

SpeedRazor said:
$250 if it comes with two controllers is fine by me. I was planning on buying three extra sets of controllers anyways, bundled with Wii Sports it's about the same price, seeing as Wii Sports is worth about $20.00.

since it has Wii Sports I would think two controllers is a given, how esle would you play Wii Tennis?

kenta

Has no PEINS
I've got to be honest, the level of backlash I'm seeing is pretty startling. It seems even Nintendo fanboys have a limit

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
信じられないんだ。。 *0*

Brashnir

Smiles and Cries said:
since it has Wii Sports I would think two controllers is a given, how esle would you play Wii Tennis?

against the computer like every other sports game if you only have one controller. 2 controller seems likely, but it's not a guarantee because of Wii Sports.

can anyone give me an estimate on what Nintendo of Canada will charge for a $250 USD console? becase in the past 200 dollar systems have launched for 300. however, the exchange rate is A LOT better now, and it shoudln't go for anything over 300 in my opinion. what's the trend been so far?

i know the DS goes for 30 bucks more in canada (149.99). that makes the DS ~ 115% of it's US counterpart. thus 115% of the US $250 bring us to ~ $287.50 Canadian.

so a $289.99 (or a more likely $299.99) price seems set for Canada... anyone else agree/disagree?

i may or may not be willing to spend this much, it all depends on how many controlers it comes with in addition to the Wii Sports, cause if each controler costs around 40-50 bucks, then i'll actually end up being better off in terms of launch money than i had originally planned :)

Dirtbag

robot said:
Kinda expected $250, but these disappointed posts are hilarious. Is the $50 really that big a deal, especially if it comes with a game?

Yes.

I have no desire to purchase wii sports. And have yet to see why the wii-mote wasn't a gamecube add-on.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I love the people complaining about the Wii's graphical capabilities when we all know that that is not its selling point. We're paying for the new way (gimmick for the hataz) to play games not for the "omg i just shat my pants because of those amazing graphics".

With that said let the complaining continue.

Dirtbag

duderon said:
I love the people complaining about the Wii's graphical capabilities when we all know that that is not its selling point. We're paying for the new way (gimmick for the hataz) to play games not for the "omg i just shat my pants because of those amazing graphics".

Then why not just realise the wii-mote as an add on for gamecube?

Dirtbag 504 said:
Yes.

I have no desire to purchase wii sports. And have yet to see why the wii-mote wasn't a gamecube add-on.

get 2 controlers then. each one will probably be around 40 bucks, so that plus a game woudl make it an acceptable value - unless you never intended to get more than one Wii Remote...

Alcibiades

The tech is more powerful than XBox (which itself costs $150), and is in a smaller form factor (just look at the size of the systems). Plus it includes new sensor technology. You can't judge on graphical quality alone.

This is a good price from a business standpoint because the system is going to sell-out anyway. The Wii has the most positive buzz going in among casual observers, not because of the low price necessarily, but because it's giving users something completely different. Same reason the DS is gaining momentum in the US and is a force in Japan.

Brashnir

robot said:

it's a pretty big deal, yes. it's 25% more than 200. Even more for those who may have been in the $170 or bust state of mind. For them it's almost a 50% increase.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
LMAO! Nintendo's done it again! Wii will sell better than GCN my ass. :lol

dyls

I don't understand. Why is a New York Times article up on this Seattle PI site, and not, you know, The New York Times site? Have they just not put it up yet?

duderon said:

I agree, but I think $250 is too much to spend for that new way of playing. Especially when you consider that while we all assume it will work out well for the games being released... it has yet to be proven and $250 is a lot to ask of someone to take a chance on it.

At $200, yes its only $50 cheaper, but it was a lot more tempting at that price. One wiimote and no games, is what I was expecting at that point (although I still think WiiSports could have been included in that price range, then they could make up money on the extra controller side of things).

Price sounds ok, but I don't understand the date, it will be the last of the 3 launched in the states.

Are they thinking that once the PS3 launches and nobody can get their hands on one, they'll get on the wii train and (try) get a wii two days later? I guess they're giving their developers as much time as they can to polish up their launch titles, which better be plentiful...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
You people bitching about $250 USD need to get a brain check.

Or would you rather be like us PAL gamers and cop a delay yet still have to pay $729 USD for a PS3?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
For 250 to be okay with me, it has to come with 2 wiimotes and nunchaku and maybe the classic controller.

Yamauchi

Banned
【Wii】任天堂発表会開催!
ttp://www.famitsu.com/blog/express/2006/09/post_24.html

11月19日発売、25,000円 Wiiスポーツ同梱

Don't understand...

Top Bottom