• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 29 |OT| RematchaMania XXVIII-2: Out with the new and in with the old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn

The fan in my wants to believe it won't happen but the cynic in me know its more than likely. Fuck that shit if it happens. Literally no body wants it. The rock cena build was so horrible.

Lots of Kurt Angle shots during mania last night love to see him back for 30.

Wait what, Angle is back?

Acorn

The spirit of the attitude era - where anything can happen in the WWE - is DEAD.
At least until Vince McMahon himself is dead.
Its why I hardly ever watch. I miss that era greatly. Going nuts when Undertaker was about embalm Austin, when vince showed he was the 'higher power'. The Rocks epic heel turn.

God damn it- I miss it.

Rock was in better wrestling shape than last year, and the match was better because of that.

No way. He spent 80% of the match laying on the mat. When he was on his feet, after every spot, he was huffing and puffing like the choo-choo train that just barely could.

Terrible.

It's one thing if your opponent is Dean Malenko, or Regal, or D-Bry...those guys could make a guy lying on the mat look like a million bucks. But John Cena is no classic mat wrestler who can pull that feat off.

Really? He had a couple nice exchanges with Cena last night for an older guy that's basically retired. All things considered, somewhere in the middle of the match they picked up the pace and impressed me a little.

Rock was in better wrestling shape than last year, and the match was better because of that.

They picked up the pace from negative speed to 1 mph. Wow. Then 10 minutes of nothing but finishers and finisher attempts with no kind of flow or logic to any of the moves. It was like watching WWE 13 in real life, bad animations and all.

The honeymoon's over, if there ever was one. I've Cena nuff of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's comeback run. Him and Jeeeeohn should make like trees and get outta here.

strobogo

Banned
Why was HBK added to that match? Just to super kick Paul? It's not like HBK added anything to the match or even got much of a pop himself. He was just out there looking like a redneck and scurrying away from Brock like a little kid.

So you're excited for THRICE IN A LIFETIME then?

iMqv4OKTKhorc.gif

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If you don't need the money why be part of a shitty product?

I wouldn't keep my shitty job if I didn't need the money.

He claims he likes wrestling and it's good business.

"Woah did you hear The Rock's wrestling again at Wrestlemania I better buy that"

And then that gives them enough reason to push what ever movie he''s in to the people who have already been watching wrestling.

I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine.

Acorn

He claims he likes wrestling and it's good business.

"Woah did you hear The Rock's wrestling again at Wrestlemania I better buy that"

And then that gives them enough reason to push what ever movie he''s in to the people who have already been watching wrestling.

I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine.

I suppose.

Some notes from my experience:

I was in the corridor waiting for my brother to come out of the bathroom and I, along with others, were completely surprised by the fire works at the end of the show. For a second, i was like wtf is going on, people were ducking and screaming.

But the fireworks were great, especially when HHH won. They blew out from the top and went around in a circle.

Man, it was cold high up in the stands. There were people who only had t-shirts. I was like these fools are crazy.

Someone said the crowd wasn't good last night. I just think stadiums are difficult to carry sound when compared to Arenas. I bet the reaction at the IZOD will be thunderous as they boo John Cena.

They picked up the pace from negative speed to 1 mph. Wow. Then 10 minutes of nothing but finishers and finisher attempts with no kind of flow or logic to any of the moves. It was like watching WWE 13 in real life, bad animations and all.

Quite possibly the most damning yet truthful and perfect summary of the match.
The final finisher bit was like canned counter animations with the finisher ability being sent to and fro, alas Rock's R2 mashing eventually failed, possibly due to lacking button mash stamina

Anth0ny

I thought Rock and Cena was way better last year. What the fuck were they thinking this year with finisher reversal finisher reversal finisher reversal near fall finisher reversal finisher reversal finisher reversal near fall finisher reversal finisher reversal finisher reversal finisher CENA WINS LOL

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Quite possibly the most damning yet truthful and perfect summary of the match.
The final finisher bit was like canned counter animations with the finisher ability being sent to and fro, alas Rock's R2 mashing eventually failed, possibly due to lacking button mash stamina
Vince put the counter slider way too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom