• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360: design seen, name confirmed

Sysgen

Tenacious-V said:
360 represents a cycle. Yeah sure you can walk around a fucking block and shit can be different when you get back, BUT you're still in the SAME DAMN PLACE AS WHERE YOU STARTED!!!

Your example of a car being white is rediculous in the context of this argument, as we're stating POSITIONS. 360 puts you square back where you started, regardless of other factors. For your argument to even make any sort of sense, you need to incorporate TIME as a factor of the equation, whice NONE OF US are debating.

clockB.gif

clockW.gif

See how things go in circles back to where they began. Unless you never learned what a circle was in like fucking kindergarden, don't try to argue something you can't even comprehend let alone make a decent argument out of.

But my original argument is on basis of time, so what is the arguement? I even posted time in years and was called a stupid motherfucker.

IJoel

Kobun Heat said:
It's a complex mathematical equation.

(g)r + d = 360

where g(r) is the number of good Rare games this gen and d is the number of degrees in a circle.

YOU KILL ME WITH THE CLEVER!

Price Drop said:
This is how great the Xbox 360 name is. It will have kids across America saying its a 360 degree turn around in the opposite direction. And our country gets knocked for our math skills.

I kinda wish MS called the next xbox Xbox 180, people wouldn't have an outlet to make up retarded explanations for the name. Here's how the name came to be:

Stupid MS employee #1: "We need a name that doesn't make the system look inferior to the PS3"
Stupid MS employee #2: "How about Xbox 360"
Everyone present in unison: "Hahahahahahaha"
Stupid MS employee #1: "Can anyone think of anything better?"
*silence*
Stupid MS employee #1: "Xbox 360 it is"

Unfortunately they didn't take sysgen into the equation.

There's no hidden meaning to the fucking name! AJKKJFHKAFHKFSDFKHAS

The End

Kobun Heat said:
It's a complex mathematical equation.

(g)r + d = 360

where g(r) is the number of good Rare games this gen and d is the number of degrees in a circle.

YOU MATH IS FLAWED SIR

Sysgen

Tenacious-V said:
360 represents a cycle. Yeah sure you can walk around a fucking block and shit can be different when you get back, BUT you're still in the SAME DAMN PLACE AS WHERE YOU STARTED!!!

Go back and look at the thread.

MS made a console in 2001 and it was black. Now they are exactly where they started in that they are making a new console only it is white and it is 2005. In essence they have gone 360 degrees from one console to another. There is no argument or debate as to the original meaning of my posts only that they were twisted in the minds of people who cannot comprehend them or misunderstood them.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Sysgen said:
But my original argument is on basis of time, so what is the arguement? I even posted time in years and was called a stupid motherfucker.

But nobody elses was, we're speaking strictly about 360 as a name itself nothing else. So theoretically 360 ends with you back at square one.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Sysgen said:
Go back and look at the thread.

MS made a console in 2001 and it was black. Now they are exactly where they started in that they are making a new console only it is white and it is 2005. In essence they have gone 360 degrees from one console to another. There is no argument or debate as to the original meaning of my posts only that they were twisted in the minds of people who cannot comprehend them or misunderstood them.

You use the expression of doing a 360 to indicate a change (and maybe even a change for the opposite). But the general usage of that expression is used to indicate NON-CHANGE.

Play Tony Hawk, move in one direction, then do a 360 ollie - you end up facing the same direction as when you started your jump! (The location is different as you had a forward momentum that doesn't change while doing the jump)

Sysgen

bishoptl said:
Which explains why you believe that a 360 degree change from your current position doesn't mean you end up EXACTLY WHERE YOU STARTED. :)

This is the post that lit the fuse and it is a wrong interpretation. I never made this assertion and feel that I am owed an apology, frankly by all of you, though while it is easy to pile on it is more difficult to admit you are wrong.

Tempy said:
You use the expression of doing a 360 to indicate a change (and maybe even a change for the opposite). But the general usage of that expression is used to indicate NON-CHANGE.

Exactly. 360 means a full rotation back to the original point, with NO CHANGE WHATSOEVER. Which if we're being completely literal would mean a 2nd launch of Xbox 1, obviously that makes no sense as does this whole FUCKING DISCUSSION. FUCK.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
wouldn't it be easier to admit you confused 360 for 180 than to construct some elaborate and incoherent justification? IF YOU WERE TO STATE THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BLACK AND WHITE IN DEGREES OF ROTATION, YOU WOULD STATE IT AS 180 DEGREES; WHITE IS THE OPPOSITE OF BLACK; WHITE IS BACK THE OTHER WAY ACROSS A SPECTRUM. this thread blows my mind. :lol

Sysgen

Tempy said:

Perhaps but general usage isn't comprehensive, is it? Does that give bishop the right to call me a stupid motherfucker? A little overboard don't you think?

drohne said:
wouldn't it be easier to admit you confused 360 for 180 than to construct some elaborate and incoherent justification? IF YOU WERE TO STATE THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BLACK AND WHITE IN DEGREES OF ROTATION, YOU WOULD STATE IT AS 180 DEGREES; WHITE IS THE OPPOSITE OF BLACK; WHITE IS BACK THE OTHER WAY ACROSS A SPECTRUM. this thread blows my mind. :lol

I love how he's turning the blame around 180 degrees (couldn't help, THIS is the opposite motherfucker NOT 360) and trying to make us feel stupid, when he in fact is way off base.

Sysgen

drohne said:

So you know my intentions? I see. What's incoherent about my argument. I'm still waiting.

HokieJoe

Only on this forum is it possible to have a two or three pages worth of mental masturbation concerning what 360 means. :lol

Just an observation, but really guys, who gives a shit? Dvorak and Dealey must be turning over in their respective graves. :)

EekTheKat

Xbox 3 6 0

Current = BLACK

New = WHITE (a 3 6 0 from BLACK)

WHITE=VIRGIN=A NEW BEGINNING

All makes sense to me.

bandc.gif

Commissioner Gordon: It could be any one of them... But which one? Which ones?
Batman: Pretty *fishy* what happened to me on that ladder...
Commissioner Gordon: You mean where there's a fish there could be a penguin?
Robin: But wait! It happened at sea... Sea. C for Catwoman!
Batman: Yet, an exploding shark *was* pulling my leg...
Commissioner Gordon: The Joker!
Chief O'Hara: All adds up to a sinister riddle... Riddle-R. Riddler!
Commissioner Gordon: A thought strikes me... So dreadful I scarcely dare give it utterance...
Batman: The four of them... Their forces combined...
Robin: Holy nightmare!

AntoneM

Sysgen said:
Xbox 3 6 0

Current = BLACK

WHITE=VIRGIN=A NEW BEGINNING

All makes sense to me.

you see that above, you're stating that new equals white and that white is a 360 from black. White is not 360° from black, black is 360° from black it obviously has to be said over and over and over again.

Borys

Banned
Hey Sysgen, maybe this will clear things a bit.

idiot4vx.jpg

Notice the arrow ended IN THE SAME EXACT PLACE.
360, a whole revolution, means ZERO changes, everything is as it was before, the same as 0 degree revolution.
180 means a total change, upside down. east - west, black - white etc.

You got it all wrong.

If you still don't get it go back to school and read some math books, they have them even in kindergardens I think, this is BASIC stuff after all.

something else

http://www.ferrago.com/story/5207

The Xbox 2 - or Xbox 360 - depending on which rumours you subscribe to, is providing even more speculation than usual today, with further news from an 'insider source' reportedly revealing several new secrets about Microsoft's new system; expected to be released at the end of 2005. The source reportedly told tech site Kotaku that the new look Xbox dispenses with the heavy, boxy look, and instead boasts sleek curves and sweeps. We're also told the Xbox '360' (as their source refers to it) will be able to stand both flat, and on its side, with an over-sized power button 'the ring of light' the main focus of the design.

Two flavours of Xbox 360 are reportedly being created, one with and one without a HDD (as previously rumoured), with customisable designer face plates covering all but the 'ring' side of the machine, enabling gamers to highly customise the look of their contraption. A silver finish is reportedly the default scheme of the 360. In keeping with this theme of uniqueness, Kotaku's source also talks of a highly customisable Xbox dashboard, and confirms that wireless controllers will feature.

The new system is supposed to be backwards compatible, though apparently Microsoft's technical bods are still trying to pull this off, perhaps owing to the switch from NVIDIA to ATI graphical technology. Of course, this could all be total, speculative, nonsense - but a 'circle of light' certainly sounds like something the Microsoft marketing department would lap up - as does the idea of an interchangeable fascia, with its popular culture (mobile phone) related connotations. We're cautious, but given how well this rumour tallies with several others, also rather interested. More as we get it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
ToyMachine228 said:
What are these?

4editeurs20050414_004748_1_big.jpg

4editeurs20050414_004748_0_big.jpg

Scans from MS's E3 invitation. Jeux-France speculates it might be a logo, but I doubt it. It may be in line with the general theme/style though (well, there are circles there for starters, 360 etc.)

Screenboy

EekTheKat said:
bandc.gif

Commissioner Gordon: It could be any one of them... But which one? Which ones?
Batman: Pretty *fishy* what happened to me on that ladder...
Commissioner Gordon: You mean where there's a fish there could be a penguin?
Robin: But wait! It happened at sea... Sea. C for Catwoman!
Batman: Yet, an exploding shark *was* pulling my leg...
Commissioner Gordon: The Joker!
Chief O'Hara: All adds up to a sinister riddle... Riddle-R. Riddler!
Commissioner Gordon: A thought strikes me... So dreadful I scarcely dare give it utterance...
Batman: The four of them... Their forces combined...
Robin: Holy nightmare!

:lol

Hahaha that was quality!

Azih

Tenacious-V said:

It's not the DESTINATION It's the JOURNEY that's important.

Plus what the hey? 360 is just a fancy way of saying circle and the console is shaped like a... CIRCLE. I mean sure they could have named it the Xbox Round or something but... hey Xbox round kinda has a ring to it..... wait Xbox Ring rocks too.

anyways, in 5 years MS will come out with the Xbox Pharoah that'll be shaped like a pyramid and this whole nonsense will start up all over again

Borys said:
But it ends up having a red circle around it! And it has written "360 deg." instead of "Start: 0 deg." on the bottom!! OMG so it means that it ends in the same position but in the process it has changed the whole world to focus on it!!! :lol :lol :lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Er, not to add fuel to the fire, but if you turn 360 degrees, you'd see everything around you. If you turn something you're looking at around 360 degrees, you'd see it from many different angles. That's more what they're going for.

Shig:-
Er, not to add fuel to the fire, but if you turn 360 degrees, you'd see everything around you. If you turn something you're looking at around 360 degrees, you'd see it from many different angles. That's more what they're going for.

After 4 pages we have a winner! :D

Azih said:

Plus what the hey? 360 is just a fancy way of saying circle and the console is shaped like a... CIRCLE. I mean sure they could have named it the Xbox Round or something but... hey Xbox round kinda has a ring to it..... wait Xbox Ring rocks too.

Xbox Halo?

arhra

Borys said:
Hey Sysgen, maybe this will clear things a bit.

idiot4vx.jpg

360, a whole revolution, means ZERO changes, everything is as it was before, the same as 0 degree revolution.
180 means a total change, upside down. east - west, black - white etc.

You got it all wrong.

If you still don't get it go back to school and read some math books, they have them even in kindergardens I think, this is BASIC stuff after all.
Circle measure is slop bucket.
God belief 50% god disbelief.
Truth is 100%, belief is 50%.
Time Cube is Truth creation.

You are educated stupid.

;)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Again, I woke up and Wall Street Journal Radio was talking about the next Xbox. They were saying some site called videogame.biz or gameconsole.biz (I was 1/2 sleep mind you) confirmed it'll be called 360 and the color of the system is white and platinum.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Azih said:

anyways, in 5 years MS will come out with the Xbox Pharoah that'll be shaped like a pyramid and this whole nonsense will start up all over again

I sure as hell hope it's not a circle.....that would be a complete contradiction to the name xBOX. BOX /= Circle. I can understand a smooth rounded X shaped box, but if it's a circle MS are idiots.

Bigfonzie

360 is one full revolution yeah... so we an safely say the xbox was the starting point of Microsoft’s little home console project, ok ok so that means with a full 360 from its start they will be back with the xbox, where they started off, so id say its safe to say xbox360 will have BC. DUH!

Ristamar

Heh...

Last Action Hero said:
Tony Vivaldi: What is this, Benedict? First you're my friend; now you turn a... 360 on me!

Benedict: 180, you stupid, spaghetti-slurping cretin - 180! If I did a 360, I'd go completely around and end up back where I started!

Tony Vivaldi: ..... .....What?

Benedict: Trust me! *shoots him*

Top Bottom