• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One and Samsung 40in 1080p Smart HDTV for $500 (Best Buy 8/9)

Going to be like 2 TV's per store I bet..
I'm thinking it probably won't be that limited actually.

They're saying this deal rubs for an entire week, which seems to me that they have enough that they aren't planning on selling out immediately on the first day.

At least I'd hope that's what they're doing. I may go to a Best Buy an hour or two early just to be safe.

I doubt Black Friday deals will be able to top this. Pretty nice deal.

Top what? it's one game console, a sub 109-p 40 inch tv (i believe you need 50 inches or higher for 1080p) no games, no live, no additional accessories for the TV.

BF will have console, games live, and some other deals, headset remote maybe.

Corpekata

Banned
Top what? it's one game console, a sub 109-p 40 inch tv (i believe you need 50 inches or higher for 1080p) no games, no live, no additional accessories for the TV.

You don't need 50 inches for 1080p, where on earth did you here that? There are 4k TVs less than 50 inches.

Hopefully this is actually the ad...

The Gamespot article doesn't have a source for what they're saying and they seem to be the only people saying it.

Not saying it's wrong (I sure hope it happens), but I'll feel a little more confident when more people start reporting on it. Or maybe not and I'll have a better chance of getting one if noone else knows about the deal, haha.

JPS Kai

Because of all that local co-op in the new Halo, right??

For real though, if I was going to college this Fall I'd bring a wii u, locked & loaded with Kart and Smash.

Madden, Fifa, NHL, Mortal Kombat. Don't under estimate the buying power of the dudebro.

goldenpp72

Oh damn I didn't know 4 of my TV sets were under 1080p, oh shit.

Banned
Isn't a TV having smart functions pointless if you're bundling a console with it?

I'm up in Canada anyways and can't take advantage of this :(

I've joked about "buy a game, get an Xbox One free" in the past as a surefire way for Microsoft to catch up.

Now I'm questioning just how much of a joke it is.

I wonder how much of this is Best Buy, and how much is MS.

I have been on the hunt for a 40 inch TV, though I already have a xbone. If I could sell the xbox for $275 I would still be getting a pretty damn good deal, only problem is I don't know if anyone on craigslist would actually buy.

Sounds like a great TV. If it was a Sony TV I would have probably got it.

Why doesn't Sony do such a deal with their TV, PS4, vita and PS Plus bundled?

RedAssedApe

Banned
tempted to get in on this for a tv for the guest bedroom is this going to be available online or just B&M bait and switching only? :)

You don't need 50 inches for 1080p, where on earth did you here that? There are 4k TVs less than 50 inches.

It's not native though. Why do you think people are saying "phone is in 1080p" so you really think a smartphone screensize is more 1080p than a 50 inch TV? (of course this may just be me not knowing the real difference)

I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you supposed to have a 50 or more inch TV for the optimal full HD experience?

Exuro

It's not native though. Why do you think people are saying "phone is in 1080p" so you really think a smartphone screensize is more 1080p than a 50 inch TV?

I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you supposed to have a 50 or more inch TV for the optimal full HD experience?
I have no idea where you're getting these thoughts from. What does "more 1080p" mean? You can have multiple sized screens have the same resolution. The bigger they get the easier you'll notice the pixels. Optimal resolution is dependent on both the size of the screen as well as the distance you're viewing it, which is why phones have such high resolution screens.

What do you think about computer monitors that are 1080p - 1440p?

spannicus

if you want Xbox, this is your chance, also get a TV. if this aint good enough I don't know what is. Stop trolling and get your money right.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
It's not native though. Why do you think people are saying "phone is in 1080p" so you really think a smartphone screensize is more 1080p than a 50 inch TV? (of course this may just be me not knowing the real difference)

I have no idea what you're trying to say, yet I am confident that you're wrong.

What the heck are you talking about, "more 1080p?" That number refers to a number of pixels. It is a set factual measurement.

The only thing that changes is how people perceive it. That high amount of pixels on a phone will have a high pixel density meaning the pictures and lines will be really sharp. On the other hand some people say that under 50 inches you dont need as high a resolution because your eyes arent good enough to see the difference. However that's just some peoples opinions and also depends on your eyesight. I think 1080 on a 40 would look really good. If your eyesight sucks then you wont notice the difference.

I think in general it would help if people stopped focusing on the resolution number and started thinking about pixel density, because that's what it's about when you really get down to it.

(of course this may just be me not knowing the real difference)

Correct

What the heck are you talking about, "more 1080p?" That number refers to a number of pixels. It is a set factual measurement.

The only thing that changes is how people perceive it. That high amount of pixels on a phone will have a high pixel density meaning the pictures and lines will be really sharp. On the other hand some people say that under 50 inches you dont need as high a resolution because your eyes arent good enough to see the difference. However that's just some peoples opinions and also depends on your eyesight. I think 1080 on a 40 would look really good. If your eyesight sucks then you wont notice the difference.

I think in general it would help if people stopped focusing on the resolution number and started thinking about pixel density, because that's what it's about when you really get down to it.

Correct

Ok so now it makes sense.

TechOne

Shouldn't it be a 900p TV?

Do you question why the PS4 comes with a game controller packed in

iRXHRez.gif

Fight!

And so it begins. This sort of bundle is how I got my 360. If only it was a bigger screen with a higher resolution as I already have a larger tv...

Matticers

I have an Xbox One and don't really need a new TV. But I'm still tempted to go for this deal. That's how good of a deal it is.

Worship

Banned
thread title should be:
"playstation fanboys, post your excuse not to get an Xbox One, even if a great deal came along."

damn, lol.

Worship

Banned
I have an Xbox One and don't really need a new TV. But I'm still tempted to go for this deal. That's how good of a deal it is.

i was thinking the same. i am needing to swap out the little tv i have in the bedroom eventually. and i dont need a second xbox, but i wouldnt mind having another one in the other room so the wife and i can co-op full screen.

Top Bottom