• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One and Samsung 40in 1080p Smart HDTV for $500 (Best Buy 8/9)

At work right now and just found out I can go on break when we open to get it. Nice. Need to contact my friend and ask him if he wants the TV.

Awesome. Thank you for this information.
Just so I know if I have to ask for it, what does OMS stand for?
My wife needs to go to the TJ Maxx which is next door to Best Buy tomorrow, so I plan on being there when the doors open, but nice to know about this for sure.

I am still a tad skeptical about that refresh rate truth be told, but it is basically like getting a 40" 1080p for $200.

OMS is Order Management System, Its our terminal to order products. Its more of an insider term amongst employees but just asking to order something will produce the same results

GJCQs3B.jpg

BixT5LY.jpg

Okay this is awesome!! This is actually a sale offer so this will be good till next saturday!!!! Sweet Deal!!!

So how this works is that it will be a bundle down in the register. When you scan both items with matching SKU numbers, the discount will be applied during checkout. So grab the TV and Xbox and checkout is all thats needed

ATTN!!! Don't cheat yourself!!!

If your store runs out of either product, the TV or Xbox One, you can still order either or both and receive the 499 price point by ordering as ship to store pickup, alt store pickup or delivery.

Don't let employees tell you they are out of stock!!! They aren't doing their job if they don't ask if you want to ship to store or drive to another store to pick it up!!

As your resident GAF Best Buy associate, anyone who wants this deal can get it utilizing these methods.

The JU5200 is actually an alright TV. Its a 2015 model, Smart, 2 HDMI's, I believe 60z native, 120hz simulated.

Picture quality is okay among other 40" but this bundle is a giveaway. Usually sells in store for around 400.

rokkerkory

OMS is Order Management System, Its our terminal to order products. Its more of an insider term amongst employees but just asking to order something will produce the same results

Okay this is awesome!! This is actually a sale offer so this will be good till next saturday!!!! Sweet Deal!!!

So how this works is that it will be a bundle down in the register. When you scan both items with matching SKU numbers, the discount will be applied during checkout. So grab the TV and Xbox and checkout is all thats needed

If your store runs out of either product, the TV or Xbox One, you can still order either or both and receive the 499 price point by ordering as ship to store pickup, alt store pickup or delivery.

Don't let employees tell you they are out of stock!!! They aren't doing their job if they don't ask if you want to ship to store or drive to another store to pick it up!!

As your resident GAF Best Buy associate, anyone who wants this deal can get it utilizing these methods.

The JU5200 is actually an alright TV. Its a 2015 model, Smart, 2 HDMI's, I believe 60z native, 120hz simulated.

Picture quality is okay among other 40" but this bundle is a giveaway. Usually sells in store for around 400.

Awesome thanks!!

JCX

This is tempting, but I just bought a 360 last week. Feels silly to get both so close together.

Reszo

Well I do need a new TV but my current SmartTV is acting like an idiot the smarthub doesn't even work anymore. So im skeptical about getting another samsung smarttv but this makes the Xbone so cheap and I want Scalebound...ugh

RK128

Wow.....if I had 500 bucks laying around, I would have jumped at this deal to pick up the Xbox One, the TV and Rare Replay :D!

Abdiel

It's funny seeing someone else from Best Buy talking about OMS. Ah, the poor bastards in inventory just having the stupid pick up stickers printing all day and then hunting down the product all over the store if it isn't readily available in the back warehouse.

Has your store been getting the same questions about this deal for a PS4 instead? It's getting exasperating, heh.

The ad implies it's the bundle-less Xbox One, a physical copy of MCC and the TV, is that correct? Or is it the MCC bundle and the TV?

It's probably not live yet.
I just ordered it. I put the two items in the cart separately and got the deal shipped to me for free in three days. Got AC unity for free too.
Eta: I personally never planned to get an Xbox one, but need another TV so I figured it was too good to pass up.

Get in on what exactly? Is it showing up as in stock somewhere?

Refer to:

You guys...ssshhh...
If you add each item individually to your cart right now the deal is live.

Total $517.28

I just ordered it. I put the two items in the cart separately and got the deal shipped to me for free in three days. Got AC unity for free too.
Eta: I personally never planned to get an Xbox one, but need another TV so I figured it was too good to pass up.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...lack/6422016.p?id=1219661888984&skuId=6422016

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microso...lack/3558174.p?id=1219588141853&skuId=3558174

You guys...ssshhh...
If you add each item individually to your cart right now the deal is live.

Total $517.28

I just did too. I had $35 in Gift Certs so it brought the cost down to $468. We need a new TV for our bedroom, so for a TV that will only be used very lightly this is a steal even if the specs aren't the greatest.

fedexpeon

Banned
I am so conflicted...I don't need any of these items, but the value!
Gah, I will play a bit of DOTA to see if I still want it or not.

If you add them separately to the cart it comes out to $470 instead of $500 like the bundle price. This is because earlier today the cost of the TV dropped from $430 to $400 and I guess no one told the deals team, who are applying a flat-$ off instead of a percentage

Save that $30 people

I just got my 4k TV delivered yesterday; can't justify another TV just for an Xbone, or else I would have bought this. Oh well, I'm sure it will be on sale again.

I'm really tempted to jump on this crazy deal, but I'm not exactly flush with cash, I have a hefty backlog, and I only want the Xbox so I'd have to try to sell the TV.

I just want to add that I actually didn't get Unity for free. The bundle put it in my cart and charged me for it, so I cancelled that part. Just a heads up, but most likely only happened since the deals were in process of changing.

$470...I just picked it up. I have no need for the TV, and I was planning on waiting a couple years for the Xbox One honestly, but this deal is too good; however, if I can't sell the TV to artificially drive the price down of the One, I may end up returning it in a couple weeks.

I was going back and forth on another Xbox One for Halo. I had a GC for $39 so it cost me $459. I don't even know If I'm keeping it but damn, thats a steal.

Shit, not available anymore. :(

I even had the collection in my cart, but I wanted to try to get the $30 off thing so I removed it.

Now I can't add the Xbox One or the TV OR the Bundle to my cart. :(

Oh Well, I was planning on going to a store in the morning anyways.

ricelord

Shit, not available anymore. :(

I even had the collection in my cart, but I wanted to try to get the $30 off thing so I removed it.

Now I can't add the Xbox One or the TV OR the Bundle to my cart. :(

Oh Well, I was planning on going to a store in the morning anyways.

same thing just happen to me =(

TenCentTacos

Neo Member
Well, I was looking for a a new tv for my dorm plus I was kinda interested in an Xbox. $575 later and I now own a new tv, Xbox One, extra controller, and Titanfall. Fuck.

Top Bottom