• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Jedi Academy looks absolutely fantastic on the Xbox One X. Really hoping we get Max Payne 1 and 2, Jedi Outcast, and The Punisher. Hopefully they can drop 10 - 12 games two to three times a year (I know it won't be as consistent as the Xbox 360 releases).

You and I would get along great

ReBurn

7fps dips, that's really bad but because 360 version has similar dips I'm quessing nothing can be done about it because it's not emulator fault.
It seems so sporadic, too. On one attempt it chops along and you die. Then on the next attempt it's fine.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm loving Morrowind, but I'm having a heck of a time playing it without modern Elder Scrolls amenities. I don't even mind the 4:3 screen with black bars so much - but the lack of a proper quest log and map markers is really zapping a lot of my enjoyment out of this game.

I'm also finding it's lack of achievements a little jarring, though I understand why they weren't included. Looking at you, Sony. All joking aside, I'd love to get achievement support for these older OG Xbox games.

Russo

Original Xbox games released on April 17, 2018:
  • Blinx: The Time Sweeper
  • Breakdown
  • Conker: Live & Reloaded
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Hunter: The Reckoning
  • Jade Empire
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • SSX 3
Original Xbox games released on April 26, 2018:
  • Destroy All Humans!
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
  • MX Unleashed
  • Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Star Wars Battlefront II
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  • Star Wars Republic Commando

Breakage

Doesn't the 360 version of Burnout Revenge have a lot of bloom? That's what I remember from the demo, anyway. (I've never owned the full game.)

Last edited:

JP

It's weird, I'd have been really happy with Burnout Revenge a few months ago but since they've started they've started with the enhanced games I don't seem to go anywhere near the others. I'll happily download it though as I already own it.

I know people moan about Microsoft's first party games but I've been so impressed with this stuff that if they announced at E3 that they're weren't actually going to make any new games and just make their entire back catalogue Xbox one enhanced, it would probably be the best E3 news for me. ;)

I know a lot of it isn't really down to them though, I'd absolutely love an enhanced update of the 360 version of Out Run!!

I don’t want to make a whole new thread for this issue, so posting in this one.

I’ve bought a few 360 games digitally since getting the X last November.

Mostly want to play Condemned and Red Dead Redemption.

I originally made my X account with the same gamer tag that I used to go by on 360 back in the day.

At first, I could play a game like Condemned without issue - it would log me into the old Xbox live account and I could save game when required.

After changing my gamer tag a few months ago, when I try to play a 360 game it tells me to download Xbox live profile or something like that, and basically I can’t sign in to the old account.
I can technically “play” the game still, just from the very start and am unable to save, so basically I cbf until I’m able to log in to account again.

I’d really like to play through RDR again in particular... Probably just overlooking something obvious as surely it shouldn’t be this difficult to figure out. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: never mind, worked it out :)

Last edited:

Crew 511A

It's funny, my Burnout Revenge disc wouldn't work on my 360, because I bumped the system while I was playing it. That happened to me with a few other 360 games. Anyway, it works just fine on my Xbox One.

Tomcat

I don’t want to make a whole new thread for this issue, so posting in this one.

I’ve bought a few 360 games digitally since getting the X last November.

Mostly want to play Condemned and Red Dead Redemption.

I originally made my X account with the same gamer tag that I used to go by on 360 back in the day.

At first, I could play a game like Condemned without issue - it would log me into the old Xbox live account and I could save game when required.

After changing my gamer tag a few months ago, when I try to play a 360 game it tells me to download Xbox live profile or something like that, and basically I can’t sign in to the old account.
I can technically “play” the game still, just from the very start and am unable to save, so basically I cbf until I’m able to log in to account again.

I’d really like to play through RDR again in particular... Probably just overlooking something obvious as surely it shouldn’t be this difficult to figure out. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: never mind, worked it out :)

how did u fix it?

Susurrus

It's funny, my Burnout Revenge disc wouldn't work on my 360, because I bumped the system while I was playing it. That happened to me with a few other 360 games. Anyway, it works just fine on my Xbox One.

Probably because on the 360 it reads off the disc. On Xbox One it just needs to recognize what game the disc is and that's the extent of usage because it downloads the whole game..

RAIDEN1

So if I've already brought it digitally on the 360 (burnout revenge), I can now just play it on the Xbox -1 instead? ie carry on from where I left off? Any difference in visuals?

Last edited:

Lort

Banned
So if I've already brought it digitally on the 360 (burnout revenge), I can now just play it on the Xbox -1 instead? ie carry on from where I left off? Any difference in visuals?

Yup .. u need to have your save moved to the cloud if it isnt already. ( do this on the 360 and u need xbox live) .. most of my saves where already on the cloud but some older games like this are sometimes not.

Leonidas

Played Burnout 3 for a few hours between yesterday and today continuing my single player progress from an at least half decade old cloud save. Burnout 3 game-play holds up really well. Graphics look great too when you consider the original release was a PS2 game. 720p games still look fine to me on 4K screens, that being said a 4K X-enhancement would be amazing. Xbox One is shaping up to be one of the greatest consoles for arcade racers. Now I'm hoping for Ridge Racer 6 and Burnout 3(two titles which are currently on the 360 Marketplace).

Last edited:
how did u fix it?

Basically, I’d been thinking of the “old” 360 live account as a separate entity to the one I signed up with when setting up my X last November, despite it being the same gamer tag.

After changing the gamer tag a month or two later, it would still ask me to log in using the old name.

I woke up to what the issue likely was a couple of minutes after making that post here the other day, and sure enough choosing to “download profile” and entering my current gamer tag info worked.

Was happy to see I could now load my saved game from Condemned again, but more than anything it’s amazing to be able to play RDR in 4K - my god it looks nice.

Naked Lunch

Do you guys think we will see Ace Combat 6? I have a feeling Namco will make it a bonus for Ace Combat 7.
Ace Combat 6 is at the top of my wish list. Ace Combat games have infinite replay value to me. Replaying as different jets, trying different tactics. Years later and I still listen to that soundtrack. Just amazing. A preorder bonus is what ive been banking on - but im not sure if the game was ever made digital. Not that that matters.

This is a game that jumped to mind thinking of the OG Xbox: Dai Senryaku. Basically Advance Wars on steroids. The world needs more Advance Wars style games on consoles. I was waiting for years for just a PS2 classics version to hit PS3 which it never did. No clue why this series didnt release any more in the West. Get on this MS...
617NWGRQ4CL._SX342_.jpg

Last edited:

chemicals

I recently played a few 360 games on the One S and wow.. the input lag made the games feel unplayable. The one I noticed the most was Borderlands 2. I recently played through it with a friend (co-op) on PS4 and I still play it almost daily on my 360 (hooked up to an LG 32 inch LED.) It just feels really slow. Is there any chance they might be able to patch out the input lag somehow?

REDRZA MWS

I recently played a few 360 games on the One S and wow.. the input lag made the games feel unplayable. The one I noticed the most was Borderlands 2. I recently played through it with a friend (co-op) on PS4 and I still play it almost daily on my 360 (hooked up to an LG 32 inch LED.) It just feels really slow. Is there any chance they might be able to patch out the input lag somehow?

Dont know if its that game in particular, but i havent had any issues with any 360 BC games. Fight night champion just released yesterday, a precision and timing based sports game, and its flawless.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Iv'e had the urge for a Boxing game as my interest in the sport has returned for the first time in years. Never played FNC so i bought and its on its way in the post. Looking forward to it.

YoshiMax

WIth the lack of tennis games this gen and the fact they’ve now addressed the lack of a boxing title I have taken to Twitter begging for Virtua Tennis ahead of Wimbledon.

WIth the lack of tennis games this gen and the fact they’ve now addressed the lack of a boxing title I have taken to Twitter begging for Virtua Tennis ahead of Wimbledon.

Awesome work mate! I'd definitely be up for some tennis action; especially now considering the fact that the genre is basically non-existent at the moment. Sadly, I can't ever see it actually happening with all the player licenses etc. but it'd be an amazing addition to the BC library. It's a genuine shame that sports games (for the most part) are being left out of the BC program for aforementioned reasons.

splattered

Well its showing as purchase for me on the xbox store page... though I used to play it on 360? Not sure what is going on.. probably wont bother to purchase again if that's the case.

splattered

Well... spoke too soon.

Even though it shows as me not owning it on the internet store page it did pop up for me to download on my console so i'm happy :)

Getting all these great BC titles is awesome, but it's kind of hard playing them as such low resolutions. Here's to hoping for more Xbox One X enhancements. Imagine Burnout Revenge or fight night and 4K!

1943 was one of the XBLA titles I was most looking forward to back on the 360 (aside from Simpsons Arcade, TMNT etc). When I purchased it all those years ago though I barely played it........ just couldn't get into it like I did other Battlefield related games (Bad Company 2 especially).

I downloaded Fight Night Champion, I know it's game many people wanted BC for so long. I was surprised to see it in my available to download/ready to install list.

I've noticed this a lot with many other BC games that I've never owned a "downloaded" version of. In some cases I've only ever played the retail disc copy (and never downloaded it when it was GWG or purchased it digitally via Games on Demand), yet it still lets me download and play without the disc. In other cases I've never downloaded the Games on Demand/digital version or for free on GWG.

I'll gladly take the games on offer, I just think it's weird that it's happening!

Top Bottom