• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

Filben

37207496540_37a05707ae_o.jpg

36795385243_ae9ecbb41e_o.jpg

Unfortunately this scene had way too much CA which I could not remove.

Blinck

While the new zones of the recent expansions are heaps beyond in almost every department (textures, poly count, amount of detail, diversity, etc), there's still something about these old zones in WoW. Feralas is one of my favorites...feels so vast and primordial, it really invites you to explore. The new zones feel like theme parks where every corner, while beautiful, is filled with SOMETHING. I like all this empty space in the old zones. Gives it more mystery.

I know this is very ancient tech at work for a thread like this, but somehow the mood and atmosphere of some of these old zones is absolutely timeless.

37473192491_cc54bdcdeb_o.png

37442588862_3a094f63f8_o.png

P.S. - I hope I'm posting correctly, please let me know if not!

Filben

You can use ReShade to swap around chromatic aberration into a "negative" mode and thus get rid of most, if not all CA. The method doesn't work in every game but it does in AC Unity.
I don't detest CA entirely (opposed to many folks), but it's just too much. I will try ReShade, then. Thanks!

keraj37

This looks like an real art! Could be used as a cover image for that game. Really great shot!

From me bunch of PC2 shots:
BTW I really like that game, there are some bugs as of yet but apart from that game is great. Looks much better then PC1 and in the same time runs much faster on my rig.

8FDA896C26422C8377B641D91D58CAF9C1F9A92C

F5A24AFA6D2A460E80480B2226F9492BF39818BF

@Lime: Awesome Dreamfall Chapters: Final Cut screenshots! Looks like they competely deactive bloom or you are not using it? Need to play Final Cut someday, game was blast!

rottr_2017_10_02_04_4kfsex.jpg

rottr_2017_10_02_04_5o7su5.jpg

dr_rus

Holy CA, Batman.... I think the lens on a throw-away camera for a few quid didn't have this much distortion. Why...

Why, for the True Cinematic Experience!

I wonder why we're still missing the essential part of this experience, which is the film defects. I just can't truly immerse myself in a game without them. /s

Filben

This looks like an real art! Could be used as a cover image for that game. Really great shot!
Thanks for your words and the feedback, I do appreciate it! Mad Max was also fun to play. I enjoyed it, truly.

Got my Project Cars 2 copy on monday and encountered some bugs, too. But great Sim so far!

When I see those F1 screenshot I wish I would have gotten the PC version. I'd love to make screenshots of it (in-game camera is particular usable for that matter).

Finally! Why only one shot? Give us more!

How are your impressions so far?
This game is first game in my life I am waiting for like teen fan boy.
First impressions are pretty good, it runs amazingly well and visually looks very impressive with the exception of the insane CA.

Gameplay wise everything feels way better than BF1, the shooting, movement etc. I'm so glad the pickup system is dead and we now have a point system instead.

Here are some more shots for you. This is with the default 50% motion blur.

bf245s74.jpg

bf4pmsr9.jpg

keraj37

First impressions are pretty good, it runs amazingly well and visually looks very impressive with the exception of the insane CA.

Gameplay wise everything feels way better than BF1, the shooting, movement etc. I'm so glad the pickup system is dead and we now have a point system instead.

Here are some more shots for you. This is with the default 50% motion blur.

Many thanks!
I don't mind CA but in that case CA is destroying perfect image instead of covering imperfections what is meant to do. This game already looks like movie.

forrest

formerly nacire
The starfighter mode looks incredible. Running it at 5k at a locked 60fps too on my 1080ti. Mega impressed. The CA is more tolerable in space.

Looks Great!

Finally getting around to playing Arkham Knight. Game looks pretty solid! Somehow my Steam setting to save uncompressed copies of screens got turned off :( So here are the jpgs.

20171004132948_14xk4b.jpg

20171004141458_1qijts.jpg

Top Bottom