• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

65- Adam Driver fights Dinosaurs

lachesis

gKYHmqt.jpg

Kinda familiar....
Well, at least they are not hiding that it's earth - unlike OG Planet of Apes.
Looking forward seeing the movie, but hopefully not with high waist pants.

Funny name. Also funny how 3 decades from Jurassic Park nobody's made a great dinosaur movie. Love the LED magazine indicator on the gun; nothing else stood out.

Kacho

Love these random sci-fi flicks with decent budgets. The tone seems perfect. Will check it out.

Kilau

I couldn’t finish the trailer. Is the planet earth 65 million years ago and Adam is an alien or is it another planet that Dinos supposedly came from?

mortal

Idk looks rather forgettable despite the fantastical premise.

Visually it just look derivative and dull, in addition to the man protects vulnerable little girl trope. It looks like it was made slapping together rejected concepts from some sci-fi video games.

Can we define Palpatine as a dinosaur? I mean the fucker lived a long time and a long time ago. It might be a little far far away though.

poodaddy

What TF sort of dad bod is this with those nipples? It’s like all he did was bench press with no other exercise.
......No amount of dealifts and squats is gonna do anything about his nips bud. I've deadlifted nearly 500 pounds, my nips seemed unconcerned about my posterior strength and remained exactly where they were.

Truth is, and for some reason people have a hard time with this concept, Adam Driver is in pretty damn good shape for his Star Wars role there. Most people bitching about him couldn't put on that much muscle and stay that lean, they're just talking shit. Been lifting for twenty years, and I can tell you he looks like a strong, lean athlete to me, with maybe some undeveloped core and posterior chain muscles, but we all have some weak link muscles. I've always been kind of overdeveloped in both my chest and back area but no matter how strong my legs get they tend to remain small-ish. Good on Driver for being obviously natural when so much of Hollywood is juiced up to the fuckin gills. Noone has a realistic idea of what athletic humans actually look like when they're natural anymore due to Marvel movies having a male cast completely comprised of gear heads.

Lunarorbit

Why did they have to include kids? If you're gonna bring the excitement down by having children then at least I hope it's rated R. I have a feeling it's gonna be pg-13 since it's written by the quiet place people.

AJUMP23

Why did they have to include kids? If you're gonna bring the excitement down by having children then at least I hope it's rated R. I have a feeling it's gonna be pg-13 since it's written by the quiet place people.
DO you want gore or soemthing?

SlimySnake

The Contrarian
Read what James Cameron said about the latest Terminator flopping. It was too old.

You need kids in action movies because the younger crowd goes to watch these movies. Cant just rely on 35 year old action stars. You need more representation. It sucks but thats what it is.

anthony2690

I saw this trailer pop up on YouTube as an advert and intially thought Keanu Reeves was looking insanely good/young for his age.

Turns out it wasn't Keanu Reeves at all 🤷‍♂️

Lunarorbit

DO you want gore or soemthing?
No, not unless it's needed or makes sense. I'm just tired of kids shitting up some genres of movies/shows.

I enjoy the kids on Locke and key, but it makes sense thematically. One of the worse examples was world War z; not only is it a completely different story but they shoehorn a family in there for no reason.

It slows the movie down. There's lots of unnecessary screaming. Alot of child actors are shit. Writers and producers keep inserting families into Sci fi/horror films. Does it make the situation more relatable for audience members?

Oftentimes the movies are subsequently pg-13 which tames down violence and yes gore. But it also helps to eliminate interesting or tense situations/themes cause there's younger cast members.

It's fucking lame as hell. The first quiet place was good but the family was central to the story and didn't feel tacked on.

Seems like too many studios don't feel as I do. The protective dad trope is gonna get Hella played out very fast for people especially with Tlou coming out soon.

Lunarorbit

Read what James Cameron said about the latest Terminator flopping. It was too old.

You need kids in action movies because the younger crowd goes to watch these movies. Cant just rely on 35 year old action stars. You need more representation. It sucks but thats what it is.
Over the last 50 years 57% of movies in the US have been rated R.

You don't need kids in action movies full stop

Like I said in the other post if it makes sense add them but otherwise don't include them just in some misguided thought that they might increase your profits.

The infinity war movies and all the marvel properties before it barely have children. John wicks kid is dead and no other children. Fury road has pregnant women but no kids. Suicide squad, aquaman, and all the batmen movies.

Logan was great avs so was dafne keen. It's a delicate balance making a good action flick with kids.

I haven't seen the James Cameron quote but no one was seeing T2 for Edward forlough.

He's making Sigourney weaver into an annoying high pitched child in this avatar movie. You're gonna waste Sigourney weaver on some kid, james?

pramod

Idk looks rather forgettable despite the fantastical premise.

Visually it just look derivative and dull, in addition to the man protects vulnerable little girl trope. It looks like it was made slapping together rejected concepts from some sci-fi video games.

But the premise makes no sense

thefool

It doesnt look good, but i rather we have this than the same reboot/franchise fumes we've been getting the last ten years.

Top Bottom