• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

65- Adam Driver fights Dinosaurs

jason10mm

Unless Driver ends up dino wrangling and rides a herd of Triceratops to fend off a T-rex assault (were those two species even around at the same time?) there MUST be more to the story. Inteliigent reptilians, some other human or alien race, SOMETHING. In the 80's-00's maybe there would be a "man and girl vs dinos" story but it seems too limited for today, so I suspect there is another shoe to drop in this film.

'Cause otherwise there is gonna be a "flash forward 40 years" moment with a dying Driver surrounded by his grandkids that will lead to a big "WHOA, where did THEY come from?!?" moment :p

Hmmm, now a Blue Lagoon remake but with dinos.........Fuck I'M IN!!!

Kimahri

Banned
Unless Driver ends up dino wrangling and rides a herd of Triceratops to fend off a T-rex assault (were those two species even around at the same time?)

They were. And there is fossil evidence they were not good friends. Triceratops bones have been found with bitemarks showing signs of healing, meaning the trike survived the attack.

A couple of years ago there was also some buzz around a fossil showibg them locked in what's presumably a battle. At the time paleontologists hadn't been able to fully study it yet.

chromhound

Missing some Cadillacs
813A2CYtD1L._RI_.jpg

IDKFA

is it good?

It's getting the reviews I expected.

MN4mZyp.png

BlackTron

Looks like it bombed. But if you just watched Star Wars, you will probably still see a big improvement in your ability to respect Adam Driver.

It's getting the reviews I expected.

MN4mZyp.png

Oh wow that's awful

AJUMP23

I didn't know that, but I chose my words poorly. I was reacting to the critic score, but yeah "bombed" would usually refer to the box office.
I knew what you mean, But I am sure the movie will underperform in many ways. I am just hoping for a fun ride.

BlackTron

I knew what you mean, But I am sure the movie will underperform in many ways. I am just hoping for a fun ride.

It's a movie about taking on dinosaurs with guns, pretty much Video Game: The Movie. Anyone should walk into this knowing what it is and not expecting Gone With the Wind.

AJUMP23

It's a movie about taking on dinosaurs with guns, pretty much Video Game: The Movie. Anyone should walk into this knowing what it is and not expecting Gone With the Wind.
I really wanted to see those Dinos burn Atlanta. Be a nice change from their own citizens burning Atlanta.

Spaceman292

Looks like it bombed. But if you just watched Star Wars, you will probably still see a big improvement in your ability to respect Adam Driver.
Driver is always great. And he's usually good at picking interesting movies to be involved in. I don't know how he ended up in this thing, which has f l o p written all over it.

BlackTron

Driver is always great. And he's usually good at picking interesting movies to be involved in. I don't know how he ended up in this thing, which has f l o p written all over it.

Nothing wrong with Driver at all but the way his character was written in SW made it impossible to be impressed there. Which sucks for such a high-profile movie. I'd rather watch him shoot dinos in this flop movie than see any of that again, which made him the whiny stupid idiot teenager. Of course that is just the tip of the iceberg of the wasted casting potential in those films but I'm getting off-topic.

The Skull

Movie was alright. Basically the last of us with Dino's. Driver is a fantastic actor but doesn't really get a chance to flex that here.

Lasha

I watched it today. It's a pretty bad in a fun way. The movie is a balls out 15km sprint to extraction. No plot, no cinematic universe, no fluff. You're in and out in under 90 minutes. Will I remember it in a year? Nah. I enjoyed it way more than Antman: beat up a black guy.

Airbus Jr

Litigate my emotions, daddy!
Dont care about the score

Refreshing to see a dino movie that isnt jurrasic park

Closest thing we get to dink crisis im in

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Not gonna happen, that role completely ruined the actor for me, i can only see a whiny, screaming bitch in every role he is in.

Yeah understandable. But I place the blame on those mofos Abrams and Rian and their writing staff for the way they handled the story and characters.

Other than his role in the shitty sequel trilogy I enjoyed his performances in The Last Duel, and Logan Lucky.

65 sounds like the sort of movie trash I'd enjoy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom