• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

1/12 and $200? Disgusting.

this is a surprising good price. the original 1/10 scale were 300-400. 199 is good for this.
check out the lineart: it looks like it came to life =)
eMlXoBR.jpg

j5Jo5wAm.jpg
94xelnvm.jpg
NcUR5DY.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Don't exaggerate. A spare room and a few display cases and you're good.

All I know is that my current collection would take up 8x as much space in 1/6 and that thought is frightening.

NEO0MJ

Hey David, how do we catch metal builds preorders early? I'm hovering on amiami and hlj for Mazinger but do I just refresh the main page or is there a better method?

LiK

AmiAmi canceled another order right after combining two orders I requested. Went straight to pay it and orders awaiting payment was gone already before they even emailed me a cancellation notice. Maybe their system should extend payment deadlines after people request combining them...

dankir

Final post for me in OT1!

Recent pickups

wRwtdVE.jpg

and last look at my stack, going to finally finish my basement in the new year and get to display all these freaking toys.

UCxXEAe.jpg

KingV

But that's my basement though lol. The wife is starting to notice, wonder how I'm going to hide the Hulkbuster box when it arrives.

Just have it mailed to work and/or pick it up directly at FedEx like the rest of us.

I just bought my wife a YSL purse with my raise I got from a promotion at work, so I’m off the hook for a few months

dankir

Just have it mailed to work and/or pick it up directly at FedEx like the rest of us.

I just bought my wife a YSL purse with my raise I got from a promotion at work, so I’m off the hook for a few months

I actually work from home so having it delivered isn't the issue. She's in the basement and see's the stack growing, the Hulkbuster box is basically the size of the Hot Toys Tumbler box.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The nearest Walgreens had a pile of Human Torches. Only $16.99, too.
yiss
They had a Hera BS figure, too, but I left it for someone who watches the show. (hopefully)

TAJ

Love this figure.
The articulation is as good as the usual Spidey body but with none of the weaknesses that come from narrow joints.

MG310

Last payment for the Mondo Harley Quinn statue got pushed back again..but at least my Deluxe Bombshells one is showing up tomorrow.

Love this figure.
The articulation is as good as the usual Spidey body but with none of the weaknesses that come from narrow joints.

Such a great figure. The unmasked head is too good to stash away so I might end up throwing it on an extra Hawkeye to display with Daken and Iron Patriot

LiK

But that's my basement though lol. The wife is starting to notice, wonder how I'm going to hide the Hulkbuster box when it arrives.

Oops, I remember someone else having a shitload of boxes in their garage.

Hulkbuster is the size of a small child so she'll notice!

Loxley

What the heck is it about Star Wars that just makes you want to buy the toys the instant you watch the films? I'm only a casual fan of the franchise, but I re-watched Rogue One again and almost immediately after viewing it went straight to Amazon and purchased the Black Series Death Trooper figure without blinking. I try try to keep my figure-collecting limited to Superman figures (if I open it up to other characters I can kiss my wallet goodbye) but every now and then I'll be watching some sci-fi/fantasy show or movie and this weird, automatic motor-reflex kicks in and I just buy an action figure.

So, yeah. Next to all of my Supermans, the Death Trooper will enjoy space with the Green Ranger, Trunks, Leonardo, Master Chief, and Neo from the Matrix XD

TAJ

About that...
I collected the Star Wars line from 1978 until TPM opened. After I finished watching that on opening day I didn't buy another figure or any other Star Wars merch for over 16 years.
After that long not paying any attention to what was going on the leap in quality was shocking.

Top Bottom