• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends (F2P Titanfall BR) available on PS4, XB1 and PC RIGHT NOW!

PSYGN

I'm a fast paced twitch shooter fan where accuracy, reaction time, and awareness are key (basically gun play and movement). I mostly play CoD Multiplayer because of it. I didn't enjoy CoD's take on BR because of how drastically slow it felt compared to their main multiplayer offerings.

I accepted BR was just not going to be my cup of tea... until this game.

This is the first BR I've enjoyed. And I am seeing a lot of CoD players who didn't care for BR saying the same.

✔ Great pacing (enough time to find a usable weapon and gearing up without dying off spawn; fast and fluid movement and speed; plenty of natural cover to regroup and think)
✔ Great gun play
✔ No elephant stomping sound whoring
✔ No vehicles (I'd rather both of us be on equal footing)
✔ No cheesy insta-death special abilities (but may be too early for that meta)
✔ No cheesy tripmine type deaths

Suggestions:

• Maybe 1 less hit for melee kill?

I've had 3 wins so far. 1 with randoms, the other 2 with my brother.

Last edited:

baphomet

I played a handful of matches.

Don't like talking to randoms so I'll either get some friends to play or wait until they have solos.

Jaw1love

Banned
I don't know why I like this game so much. I was talking mad shit about it when it was announced and yet I can't stop playing it. I don't even like BR games. But here I am. Something about the presentation and the squad mechanics just make it supremely satisfying.

It's very well made for sure. And the highlight system is a really good addition. Don't like the game at all, but that's purely because of the nature of it.

- I hate having to scavenge for a way to defend myself. I don't get why they can't let you start off with a basic handgun, just so you can convince enemies to back off for a second.

- Armor be damned, it shouldn't be possible to sneak up behind an enemy and unload a clip from an Alternator into their backs... and still I'm the one who ends up dead. Even Fortnite feels like it has a more reasonable damage system.

That said, it's clearly a well made take on BR. Looks very nice, too.

Edit: well, turns I like the damned game

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
It's a cool game but to me at least imo COD BR still has the best movement and combat feels better/gun game. What I do like about Apex are the character abilities. The revive mechanism is cool too. I'm not digging the world too much though.

Last edited:

RPS37

Most likely because I’m an old fart :)

No, it just feels so pointless. It’s a game mode, not a genre. You wander around an empty map for five minutes in the hope of a few seconds of gameplay.

Not for an old boy like me. It’s for the cool kids.
I’ve had quite a lot more than a few seconds of gameplay with Apex. I.e. getting downed and revived multiple times with multiple gunfights in one match just today.

Fbh

I played a few games and I enjoyed it way more than Fortnite. The map is fun and movement/gunplay is great

Noob question but I still don't quite get how to know if a weapon I find is better or worse than the one I have equipped

And I'm not a fan of the concept of shields. Finding an unsuspecting enemy and emptying en entire clip into them but they still having plenty of health is a bit anticlimactic.

Also I have a ton of connection issues. Once inside a game it works fine but I'm kicked to the login screen after almost every game and then have to spend like 5 minutes trying to connect

Kagero

Similar to BLOPS but better. It's clear they played that and said," How can we make that but better in every way". I think this will be a huge hit. I like being able to drop down to the map as a group. The pinging system is also genius. I also like the world and over all design. Somewhat realistic and cartoony at the same time, mid way point between overwatch and BLOPS.

Top Bottom