• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

Ogodei

I want Mechanica's sister. They both seemed to be following Max Brass, and The rivalry would be too good. It would also add a whole new layer to Mechanica if her sister WAS born with the ARMS abillity while Mechanica wasnt.

Where's that content? I've never heard of a sister for Mechanica.

Ribbon Girl with the Guardian (and something faster on her other arm, I switch that part out alot to see what works) is pretty great. She can still do her multiple jumps with the Guardian out, dodging people who think you're easily punished with a grab. Having played Guardian on most of the cast at this point I've learned to punish these sidestep attempts normally but with Ribbon Girls jumps (and Helix's puddle/stretch) it's much easier.

I know people usually reach for characters and arms that they can feel dominant with quickly much of the time but I'd love to see more players trying to learn more neglected arm/character setups.

DrDogg

Arms just announced for Evo Japan in January. Should be interesting. Could be an indication that we'll see Arms at Evo 2018. Still think it's a bit unlikely, but being included in Evo Japan is a big step toward that.

Ogodei

Played about 600 rounds in Party Mode before trying Ranked, and i think i overprepared a bit. Got from 1 to 4 in like 20 minutes, clean sweep (only lost one round and no matches).

I wonder how far i'll go in 30 minute increments between now and Thursday. Starting to feel like it's a shame i'll have to drop this game, but i'm sure it'd get boring once i plateaued.

Played about 600 rounds in Party Mode before trying Ranked, and i think i overprepared a bit. Got from 1 to 4 in like 20 minutes, clean sweep (only lost one round and no matches).

I wonder how far i'll go in 30 minute increments between now and Thursday. Starting to feel like it's a shame i'll have to drop this game, but i'm sure it'd get boring once i plateaued.

Because of Splatoon 2?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What night of the week you guys think would be good for a dedicated same-time-same-place GAF lobby?

I'm thinking Monday nights? Though ironically tomorrow night and next Monday night in particular I may be busy... :p But Monday Night ARMS might be cool.

What night of the week you guys think would be good for a dedicated same-time-same-place GAF lobby?

I'm thinking Monday nights? Though ironically tomorrow night and next Monday night in particular I may be busy... :p But Monday Night ARMS might be cool.

I could do that.

random25

I wish I could join that. Too bad it's probably North America or Europe time.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Monday night ARMs sounds cool, I'll see yall on the Discord.

"Monday: When the sun goes down in your Timezone"

HyperHip

Do it I'm down

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wish I could join that. Too bad it's probably North America or Europe time.
gotta be NA evenings unfortunately. I get off work at 6:30 so probably something like 8pm eastern time.
Monday night ARMs sounds cool, I'll see yall on the Discord.

"Monday: When the sun goes down in your Timezone"

Lol, that's a great way for people in other regions to set the same thing up

mohuerta

Finally beat lv7 Hedlok. Only took a couple hours of winning only 1 of every 3 to 5 rounds. Finally beat him with only about 5% health left. No desire to play that non stop barrage of bombs again.

random25

I'm rank 11 now, game throws me against 13-14-15 a lot more now. D:

I was pitted against rank 19-20 guys yesterday (5 to 6 ranks above me), and it was not pretty lol.

Good thing you don't get penalized heavily for losing against higher ranked players.

Chauzu

ARMS at Evo Japan will be nice. Still not interested in watching if just default arms, but I'm happy for the game.

Playing an hour or so of ranked everyday, still having fun. Been trying out Nade, first punch I enjoy using, so I'll try and stick with it as 3rd arm for a while.

random25

Well it's the biggest console fighting game series in Japan outside of smash right now.....
hahaha..... what a dead genre

And still has a chance to grow some more. I'm really excited to see this on the big stage next year, especially since right now the strongest I've fought in ranked are all Japanese.

So uhh Twintelle is apparently dangerous in lore.

I wonder where these ARMS Labs reports are going? Next DLC fighter announcement, I suppose?

It's interesting that they're covering Doctor C's research on Hedlok and now Twintelle's hair. Could C be attempting to create something? Imagine a Frankensteinian "Perfect Fighter"!

swnny

So, you guys at ranks 11 and above, are you playing with motion or buttons? Because now I feel like I'm at a disadvantage playing with buttons (but I'm too lazy for motion controls).

ksamedi

So, you guys at ranks 11 and above, are you playing with motion or buttons? Because now I feel like I'm at a disadvantage playing with buttons (but I'm too lazy for motion controls).

I had a look at the latest tournament and I remember everyone playing with pro controllers. It gave me the feeing that buttons is the way to go at higher levels. I think its easier to dodge but motion control is my preferred style because its so intuitive to punch curve that way.

I wonder where these ARMS Labs reports are going? Next DLC fighter announcement, I suppose?

It's interesting that they're covering Doctor C's research on Hedlok and now Twintelle's hair. Could C be attempting to create something? Imagine a Frankensteinian "Perfect Fighter"!

Isn't that what Helix is supposed to be essentially?

maxmars

More or less. I could juggle them, but there's too little time for that.

I have been considering the same for some time, but in the end came to the conclusion that I'd rather have fun than being competitive. I just don't want to stop playing ARMS or even Mario Kart.

I can see myself dedicating some time to Splatoon 2 to get to know it, but I plan to keep all three games in rotation. Does anybody else plan to do so?

Chauzu

Rank 12, motion only.

Not sure if you should feel disadvantaged, altho aiming both arms different ways is a feature I use a lot.

DEsotIXVwAA-qSC

Man I am loving how the art really brings out their personality.

StayDead

I love how cool Max Brass is. Yeah he's your typical "look at me I'm the champion I'm so damned good" guy, but damn I love that about him haha.

Raysoul

We had an ARMS tournament here in the Philippines yesterday. Plenty of good players, but it was dominated by an agile Ninjara player with sparky and triblast.

It also made me realize that I need a new main aside from Mechanica.

random25

We had an ARMS tournament here in the Philippines yesterday. Plenty of good players, but it was dominated by an agile Ninjara player with sparky and triblast.

It also made me realize that I need a new main aside from Mechanica.

Where was that? Didn't know there's some tourney here in the country lol.

Peltz

I'm starting to realize how deep this game is the more I play it. I was not anticipating it would be such a rabbit hole.

There are so many factors that go into who will win a match when you consider loadouts, movement, stages, and overall strategy. There's a ton of mind games that you can play too. It's mechanically deeper than most games I've played.

random25

We held it in Circuit Makati. It was not really a big tournament as it was exclusive to Pinoy Nintendo Switch (our community in Facebook).

We also held a Mario Kart tourney.

Wow that's nice. Last tournament I attended was a Smash 3DS tournament held in SMX at Mall of Asia.

Doorman

I am still Ultra Garbage-Tier 2 Super Turbo when it comes to this game, but I would be down for some regularly-defined playtimes. Good incentive to keep the game going and learn and improve. Splatoon 2 is probably going to become my "main" game in terms of getting the bulk of my free gaming time once it launches, but I don't want to totally drop ARMS by any means. Having a regular night specified ahead of time will help keep me honest and sharp on that instead of it just being a "whenever" thing.

Top Bottom