• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

Hey guys I have a question. I haven't invested in an Assassin's Creed game since the second one. My question is, do they still have those dungeon/tomb type things? I really enjoyed solving the puzzles and completing them all. With Black Friday coming up I would like to pull the trigger on this.

Unfortunately, no. There is still a bunch of great content though. If you are getting the PS4 version there are some interesting murder mystery missions.

The Jack the Ripper trophies have appeared now, so it should release shortly, hopefully in the first week of December. :)

Is there a list of these somewhere online? Couldn't find them with a search and I'm definitely curious to see what sort of things the DLC will be doing.

bargeparty

I've played quite a bit of this game and I definitely like it. I just wish the grapple up was more seemless. I should be able to run along, look up and very quickly grapple up. Probably my only real complaint.

SomTervo

Hey guys I have a question. I haven't invested in an Assassin's Creed game since the second one. My question is, do they still have those dungeon/tomb type things? I really enjoyed solving the puzzles and completing them all. With Black Friday coming up I would like to pull the trigger on this.

If you haven't played one since 2 you're in for a great surprise. Skipping every few games, you'll notice huge differences for the better.

Truant

Just completed all Dickens missions in the map, will I get more? The last one I did was
Return of Spring-Heeled Jack.

I'm talking about the second one with that particular enemy.

Did it end with
Jacob and Evie drinking with Dickens in a pub
? That was the last one I got for Dickens and none showed up on the map after. You can double check the progress tracker to be sure as it will list them all. That one did seem a little odd as I expected a little bit more in the way of a conclusion to that side story.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
First patch is out:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate Update
Latest Version: 1.2
Download size: Between 700 to 750 MB (approx)

Stab/Crashs/Perfs
Improved performance and stability

Fixed an issue where there was no rating for the final mission
Fixed an issue where the Trophy/Achievement descriptions were in English when the user put his system language to "French (Canada)"

Audio
Fixed an issue where the lip-sync was not synchronized with the cinematics
Fixed an issue where the subtitles weren't exactly matching the audio
Fixed some issues with some audio missing or being played incorrectly

Vehicles
Fixed some collisions issues for carriages and trains
Fixed some spawning issues with the vehicles

AI/NPC
Fixed some popping issues
Improved reactions for the allies
Improved reactions for NPC on the ground
Improved reactions for NPC on carts and trains
Improved navigation for NPC

Game System
Fixed some issues with the replay system
Fixed some balancing issues
Fixed an issue where the gun might be missing in the inventory after acquiring it in the "Whitechapel Conquest" mission
Fixed an unlocking issue with the Train Raids
Fixed an issue with the "Artisan" Trophy/Achievement

World/3D/Menu/HUD
The
Time Anomaly
icon was increased to have a better visibility on the map
Fixed some issues with the messages for the mission in the HUD
Fixed some icon issues
Fixed some lighting issues
Fixed some low resolution and corrupted texture issues
Fixed some level of detail issues
Fixed issues with props in the world

Fight
Fixed some issues during fights with NPCs
Fixed issues with counter attacks
Fixed some camera issues

Mission
Fixed an issue in the Fight Club
Fixed an issue where the player could not enter the
Time Anomaly
mission
Fixed some issues with the mission objectives and secondary constraints not updating properly
Fixed issues with the fast travel
Fixed some issues where the missions could be blocked after some cinematics
Fixed some issues with
Crawford Starrick in the last mission, "A Night To Remember"

Behavior
Fixed some issues with the coerce system
Fixed some issues with the cover system
Fixed some issues with the parkour and navigation
Fixed some animation issues
Fixed some camera issues
Fixed some issues with the rope launcher
Fixed an issue where the player could sometimes fall under the map

Rnr1224

Beat the game a couple night ago and I definitely found it to be a massive improvement over Unity. I've completed pretty much everything except for the associate activities which I plan to do tonight.

First patch is out:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate Update
Latest Version: 1.2
Download size: Between 700 to 750 MB (approx)

Stab/Crashs/Perfs
Improved performance and stability

Fixed an issue where there was no rating for the final mission
Fixed an issue where the Trophy/Achievement descriptions were in English when the user put his system language to "French (Canada)"

Audio
Fixed an issue where the lip-sync was not synchronized with the cinematics
Fixed an issue where the subtitles weren't exactly matching the audio
Fixed some issues with some audio missing or being played incorrectly

Vehicles
Fixed some collisions issues for carriages and trains
Fixed some spawning issues with the vehicles

AI/NPC
Fixed some popping issues
Improved reactions for the allies
Improved reactions for NPC on the ground
Improved reactions for NPC on carts and trains
Improved navigation for NPC

Game System
Fixed some issues with the replay system
Fixed some balancing issues
Fixed an issue where the gun might be missing in the inventory after acquiring it in the "Whitechapel Conquest" mission
Fixed an unlocking issue with the Train Raids
Fixed an issue with the "Artisan" Trophy/Achievement

World/3D/Menu/HUD
The
Time Anomaly
icon was increased to have a better visibility on the map
Fixed some issues with the messages for the mission in the HUD
Fixed some icon issues
Fixed some lighting issues
Fixed some low resolution and corrupted texture issues
Fixed some level of detail issues
Fixed issues with props in the world

Fight
Fixed some issues during fights with NPCs
Fixed issues with counter attacks
Fixed some camera issues

Mission
Fixed an issue in the Fight Club
Fixed an issue where the player could not enter the
Time Anomaly
mission
Fixed some issues with the mission objectives and secondary constraints not updating properly
Fixed issues with the fast travel
Fixed some issues where the missions could be blocked after some cinematics
Fixed some issues with
Crawford Starrick in the last mission, "A Night To Remember"

Behavior
Fixed some issues with the coerce system
Fixed some issues with the cover system
Fixed some issues with the parkour and navigation
Fixed some animation issues
Fixed some camera issues
Fixed some issues with the rope launcher
Fixed an issue where the player could sometimes fall under the map
PC too?
General consensus is that graphics are worse but dynamic day/night cycle and improved stability/framerate are worth the trade-off.
Played Unity on PC and I'm playing this on PC and honestly I think Syndicate looks much nicer. The ugly LOD buildings are gone, the weird vaseline on everything is gone, the art direction is much nicer... imo it's a much prettier game, even if it's not *technically* as advanced.

brau

Played Unity on PC and I'm playing this on PC and honestly I think Syndicate looks much nicer. The ugly LOD buildings are gone, the weird vaseline on everything is gone, the art direction is much nicer... imo it's a much prettier game, even if it's not *technically* as advanced.

I honestly like the different mood the game gives now. Day and night cycle alone are awesome. but having fog can make some of the setting really creepy and awesome. Even when the lighting is not as detailed and nice as Unity. I do have to agree that Syndicate has a better direction. Really making the game stand out.

Unity was a piece of work tho. One of the most detailed cities i have ever seen. SO just different types of art directions. Both good on what they achieve and try to do. Also, Unity had an abundance of interiors that looked so good.

The LOD in Syndicate to me is more apparent tho. Some really ugly work in some of them. This is a game that would really benefit from Simplygon.

All in all, i think the game is a blast and quite nice looking.

dex3108

I honestly like the different mood the game gives now. Day and night cycle alone are awesome. but having fog can make some of the setting really creepy and awesome. Even when the lighting is not as detailed and nice as Unity. I do have to agree that Syndicate has a better direction. Really making the game stand out.

Unity was a piece of work tho. One of the most detailed cities i have ever seen. SO just different types of art directions. Both good on what they achieve and try to do. Also, Unity had an abundance of interiors that looked so good.

The LOD in Syndicate to me is more apparent tho. Some really ugly work in some of them. This is a game that would really benefit from Simplygon.

All in all, i think the game is a blast and quite nice looking.

They just need to allow more ini file changes for people who want to experiment. If somebody wants to push draw distance and LOD distance let them do it. Hardware will be more and more powerful so ini tweaks would be nice.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yes

IT seems like a massive oversight considering it seems to be a major component of the kidnapping radius circle

Seems to par for the course when it comes to big PC ports, unfortunately.

Dragon Age: Inquisition particularly pissed me off in this regard.

Iceternal

They really did a very bad job on anti-aliasing with this game.

FXAA is disgusting but it's the only one that doesn't destroy the framerate.

Even with TXAA x4 you still get a lot of Aliasing, a lot !

It's very disappointing especially after Fallout 4's spectacular TAA.

As one that has many times stated the framerate issues associated with Syndicate, I cant even believe the following statement i am going to make especially considering this is an Ubisoft game.

So here it goes: with the latest 1.20 patch released today, the game has been rock solid 30 fps for me on PS4. Even heavily populated areas run like a dream now. I am pleasantly surprised with Ubisoft for this one. I hope they keep the good work going.

Would love to know if XB1 version saw similar improvements.

You know what, after installing the patch last night I thought the same thing. I'm still going to test it out but I did notice it more smoother.

TitusTroy

I know it killed performance in Unity but I wish there was a way they could have kept the massive crowd sizes...the world felt so much more alive with it

Lime

They really did a very bad job on anti-aliasing with this game.

FXAA is disgusting but it's the only one that doesn't destroy the framerate.

Even with TXAA x4 you still get a lot of Aliasing, a lot !

It's very disappointing especially after Fallout 4's spectacular TAA.

Use Reshade Mediator and apply SMAA to the game.

brau

They just need to allow more ini file changes for people who want to experiment. If somebody wants to push draw distance and LOD distance let them do it. Hardware will be more and more powerful so ini tweaks would be nice.

Yea. Its not a big issue on PC. But Simplygon really does some wonders with LODs, specially with open worlds like this. Totally worth its price. AND! you tend to get better LODs than some of the blocky LODs around.

Not a complain, again. .ini files and pc freedom to tweak is my standard.

You know what, after installing the patch last night I thought the same thing. I'm still going to test it out but I did notice it more smoother.

I might replay it or finish off the queen Victoria missions (completed the main story) if I can tear myself away from fallout 4.

I've noticed that the patches the developers put out always seem to benefit the ps4 better than the Xbox one. It happened with black flag, the witcher and now unity. It's good to see

Yea. Its not a big issue on PC. But Simplygon really does some wonders with LODs, specially with open worlds like this. Totally worth its price. AND! you tend to get better LODs than some of the blocky LODs around.

Not a complain, again. .ini files and pc freedom to tweak is my standard.
You can't tweak this tho :/ the .ini files if they exist are all packaged away, out of reach.

Does anyone else feel like all of the Frye's lines when talking with NPCs sound like they're flirting, lol

Aleck, Attaway, Henry (obviously in Evie's case for this one)...

brau

You can't tweak this tho :/ the .ini files if they exist are all packaged away, out of reach.

Does anyone else feel like all of the Frye's lines when talking with NPCs sound like they're flirting, lol

Aleck, Attaway, Henry (obviously in Evie's case for this one)...

Oh really? i have not taken a look at the .ini file yet. That surprises me.

Yes... Both are pretty flirty. Evie is cute tho, so its kinda nice.

looks like the patch has fixed the little pause before wall climbing! :)

Noticed this immediately. Much smoother. But one annoying thing they didn't adjust is how slowly you regain speed after climbing to a rooftop with your hood on (aka while crouching). There's always this slight pause before you go back to sprinting.

Also, the quad kill animations are so over the top lol

GIF1ba27.gif

GIF20312a.gif

Played a bit more around with the new patch, and the fps has definitely been improved. There's much less dropped frames around the busier areas. It's an improvements that's for sure, still not 100% solid but I'm pleased with the improvement. Hopefully UBI are still working on more optimisation.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It was part of the problem. Frankly I find the game quite crowded already lol, imagine this game with Unity's number of npcs. O.O Maybe next gen.

Was it, though, from a performance perspective?

It didn't seem like the size of the crowd really affected my frame rate much at all in Unity.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Was it, though, from a performance perspective?

It didn't seem like the size of the crowd really affected my frame rate much at all in Unity.
They weren't the main culprit it seems but they were an issue. Also just downloaded the patch. Movement feels a lot better without the pausing when you want to climb and it seems like they fixed some of the slight animation issues with the high profile assassination animations. Yes!

EDIT: Jack the Ripper dlc seems to be focused on
Evie.
g8fmdVq.jpg

They weren't the main culprit it seems but they were an issue. Also just downloaded the patch. Movement feels a lot better without the pausing when you want to climb and it seems like they fixed some of the slight animation issues with the high profile assassination animations. Yes!

EDIT: Jack the Ripper dlc seems to be focused on
Evie.
g8fmdVq.jpg
Yas queen! That poster is a Bloodborne tea tho.

SomTervo

Noticed this immediately. Much smoother. But one annoying thing they didn't adjust is how slowly you regain speed after climbing to a rooftop with your hood on (aka while crouching). There's always this slight pause before you go back to sprinting.

Also, the quad kill animations are so over the top lol

GIF1ba27.gif

GIF20312a.gif

I love how the enemy in the middle of the screen in the second one literally stands still doing nothing while she punches the shit out of everyone else.

These GIFs almost sold me on the game - but seriously, when are we going to return to brawler combat design where the enemies constantly attack from any angle? It's what they'd do in real life goddamnit.

Top Bottom