• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Tomorrow night!

DHTIkAhUwAAmV-Q.jpg

Johnny Mundo (c) vs Rey Mysterio for the Lucha Underground Championship
Prince Puma vs Pentagon Dark in the Cueto Cup Finals
Sexy Star vs Veneno in a Mask vs Mask match.

This is pretty much a PPV level show for them. Should be fun

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like Morrison would be the most obvious dude to bring back if Vince had had anyway to get him out of those LU contracts he signed.

Mahonay

Banned
look doesn't mean shit in the "We know it's fucking fake" era

being a roided up freak can actually work against you today
I mean pretty much this.

Jinder Mahal might be the most muscly man that has ever muscled, but I know he fucking sucks and is 100 percent unconvincing in matches.

Tomorrow night!

Johnny Mundo (c) vs Rey Mysterio for the Lucha Underground Championship
Prince Puma vs Pentagon Dark in the Cueto Cup Finals
Sexy Star vs Veneno in a Mask vs Mask match.

This is pretty much a PPV level show for them. Should be fun
Digging the dreads on Rey. Card looks stack minus the Sexy Star match. I'll watch.

jmdajr

Being fat doesn't mean shit really if you have the cardio and natural strength.

Granted you also need to be able to talk, charisma, work a match, have a marketable look, gimmick, etc. etc. etc.

I mean look how far that skinny fat ass Cm Punk went! And that dude was a total weakling.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They kept Ricochet from wrestling at the NJPW Long Beach shows too though

Right, but he is still able to work with NJPW in Japan.

I think TNA has some kind of deal with AAA also and AAA owns some portion of LU.

Angry Grimace

I wonder if they actually are dumb enough to blow their wad on Cena v. Roman at fucking No Mercy.

Because Strowman v. Lesnar and Cena v. Roman is a tremendously strong top of the card and it would be insanely moronic to blow it on a B-show in the middle of the NFL season.

Angry Grimace

Roode on SD should be neat assuming it happens.

Let me guess: he goes over Sami Zayn because lolZayn

I wonder if they actually are dumb enough to blow their wad on Cena v. Roman at fucking No Mercy.

Because Strowman v. Lesnar and Cena v. Roman is a tremendously strong top of the card and it would be insanely moronic to blow it on a B-show in the middle of the NFL season.

Maybe you have Cena/Joe at No Mercy just to prolong the Cena/Reigns thing a bit

I think those 6 season crazy contracts were for AAA guys. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. It sounds exactly like the sort of thing AAA would do.

If they somehow make a 4th season of Lucha Underground I have no idea how that would even look. So many of their big stars are already gone or will be gone.

I guess they could do what they did between season 1 and season 2 and write it off as
Mil Muertes killing everyone off again
. I don't think that show comes back, and considering they taped the goddamn thing last year, there's probably no way they could write a good ending for it.

Foggy

Hiromu & Dragon Lee team in World Tag League?

That'd be a seriously OP tag team, but I can't imagine they'll tie Hiromu up in that with WK on the horizon and Kushida as champ. If there was a more interesting opponent for Kushida on the docket then I'd see it happening. If it happens I think it'll probably be Bushi and Dragon Adverb.

Mahonay

Banned
fuuuuuuuuuck Ryback, the dirt fucking worst

like, i nearly did a woooo in public when I found out he got canned
Weird how reading The Secret and then molding his life after it didn't work out.

Daniel Bryan tearing him to pieces to his face might be my favorite thing in the world.

Egg0

Banned

They had Nakamura/Cena on a Smackdown, which led to Jinder going over Nak....

Moronic seems to be the current trend.

Fox318

Cesaro might legit be the strongest guy on the roster and he doesn't look any more ripped than your average athlete.

He purposely trains to not get too heavy.

He could bulk up like a madman if he wanted to but IIRC regal was the one who advised him on that

Top Bottom