• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Foggy

If they somehow make a 4th season of Lucha Underground I have no idea how that would even look. So many of their big stars are already gone or will be gone.

I guess they could do what they did between season 1 and season 2 and write it off as
Mil Muertes killing everyone off again
. I don't think that show comes back, and considering they taped the goddamn thing last year, there's probably no way they could write a good ending for it.

As long as they have Rey/Matanza/Mil/Pentagon/Fenix then it'll be business as usual I'd imagine. But there are a lot of questions to be answered in regards to the relationship between LU and Fenix/Pentagon and all the AAA shenanigans and everything else. No idea how the hell that will shake out.

Lets spin the look talk into something positive! Who do you think had the best look ever?

My suggestion = The Road Warriors

file_190009_9_road-warriors.jpg

tumblr_myhqrspQq21shf9jmo1_400.gif

Zach

Lets spin the look talk into something positive! Who do you think had the best look ever?

My suggestion = The Road Warriors

file_190009_9_road-warriors.jpg

We've talked about this already! It's Sid!

(The Road Warriors are great, too. There are a number of wonderful wrassle looks.)

They had Nakamura/Cena on a Smackdown, which led to Jinder going over Nak....

Moronic seems to be the current trend.

Yeah, I don't think it'll be at No Mercy, but would say it's definitely happening at Survivor Series at the latest. Reigns will probably win the Rumble again as is tradition, and then Braun will be like "well even though Brock beat me I'M the #1 contender" and Reigns will beat yet another person the crowd likes more at Fast Lane because that's its own tradition, and then Reigns gets to continue the Mania retirement tradition. Cena doesn't fit into any of that, and also they have child minds and won't be able to wait to do that match

Bronx-Man

Banned
Unironically, Dusty Rhodes had the best look imo. His entire schtick was blue-collar, working-class hero and he looked exactly how he needed to.

Dusty's synonymous with NWA/territories/old school wrasslin' in general for me. In the same vein, Terry Funk.

Foggy

Kevin Owens looks and sounds like the friend in junior high school who discovered sarcasm first and never let it go. So it's a pretty spot-on look.

I think those 6 season crazy contracts were for AAA guys. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. It sounds exactly like the sort of thing AAA would do.

Nope. Pretty much everyone other than Ricochet and I think a select few others are locked in long-term.

When the show was starting up, the word was that they wanted The Young Bucks, but they refused to agree to seven season deals so LU passed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder how they will continue to bury Corbin deep within the Earth's crust tonight.

Anth0ny

the best look ever is austin you marks

he looked like a dude who would walk in there, whoop your fucking ass, drink beer and go home. he doesn't give a fuck about you or his body. while you're doing your god damn bent over rows, he's drinking beer and hunting a DAMN BUCK

believability is everything, which is why jinder shooting up on horse steroids doesn't do fuck all for him.

Mahonay

Banned
Shelton and Gable as a tag team? I'm in.

Roode vs Jinder soon
LOL.
That is actually a pretty awesome tag idea.

And yeah, they're supposedly positioning him as an uppercard guy, which means having to face the black hole of boring that is Jinder.

Zach

the best look ever is austin you marks

he looked like a dude who would walk in there, whoop your fucking ass, drink beer and go home. he doesn't give a fuck about you or his body. while you're doing your god damn bent over rows, he's drinking beer and hunting a DAMN BUCK

believability is everything, which is why jinder shooting up on horse steroids doesn't do fuck all for him.

Those skin-tight jorts, though.

...they're just beach balls. If the match was worth watching, people wouldn't do it.

Bull.

They did it during Sheasaro vs Ambrose and Rollins which by almost everyone's account was a great match.

Beachballs are pre-planned disruption. Chants and waves are spontaneous

Ok, well, after that the last heel vs heel WWE feud I remember was the Wyatts vs The Shield

Yeah, and even that was done because they were planning on breaking up the Shield right after and wanted to get that program in first. That was the last defined heel vs. heel program, and even then the Shield wrestled like babyfaces in that first match.

jmdajr

Hilarious how Corbin can't even get revenge.

But maybe not as hilarious as having to take off time from work to pre-order a Nintendo product.

Top Bottom