• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australians.

Aarbron

Why do they carry the Red Ensign flag at these protests? I saw it last year a lot - but no idea why it has been adopted.

Bullet Club

Hmmm, learn something new everyday

"[Dad] nearly smashed the radio and poor old mum said, 'I can't listen to Collingwood'.

"He said, 'bugger Collingwood, Marge — this is our national flag! A lot of good men, women and boys died under this flag'."
"Bugger Collingwood, Marge". How dare you, Homer!

Bullet Club

It looks like the Sydney lockdown will be going until September 17th according to some info The Australian has gotten.

Melbourne's lockdown will probably end on Tuesday night but there will still be a lot of restrictions.

Bullet Club

Victoria’s fifth lockdown will end on Tuesday at 11.59pm with the 5km travel limit scrapped, schools returning to face-to-face learning and hospitality, retailers and gyms reopening.

But under a new “Lockdown Lite”, restaurants, bars, cafes and pubs will be restricted by a density quotient of 1 person per 4 sqm, as well as harsh patron caps being finalised this morning.

Hairdressers and beauticians will also be permitted to operate, while workers will be able to return to the office – at a maximum 25 per cent of capacity or 10 people, whichever is greater.

Victorians will again be allowed to gather in public in groups of up to 10.

Cyberpunkd

Victoria’s fifth lockdown will end on Tuesday at 11.59pm with the 5km travel limit scrapped, schools returning to face-to-face learning and hospitality, retailers and gyms reopening.

But under a new “Lockdown Lite”, restaurants, bars, cafes and pubs will be restricted by a density quotient of 1 person per 4 sqm, as well as harsh patron caps being finalised this morning.

Hairdressers and beauticians will also be permitted to operate, while workers will be able to return to the office – at a maximum 25 per cent of capacity or 10 people, whichever is greater.

Curious - when did this lockdown start and how long since the previous one has ended?

Bullet Club

So basically you will be in a new lockdown after another 2-4 weeks? Because with removing these restrictions and '0 Covid' I don't see any other way.
Maybe. The latest lockdown was due to movers from NSW with covid coming into Victoria and spreading it. The state borders are now closed (or more closed) so hopefully it will be contained.

bitbydeath

Dieter Brummer died.
RIP

Dieter Brummer died.
RIP

Suicide? Must have struggled with some demons. Crazy to have that level of success and deal with that still. Better to get help than end it.

Last edited:

Aarbron

No word on household visits?

Great work on the gold Kaylee, typical Aussie swear mistake followed up by a swear again. Fuck...shit

Reminds me of -

tumblr_mnbzr17o9C1qedb29o1_500.gif

farmerboy

Where can I find a good write up about the various vaccines and which ones for which age group? And also which one is better?

Cyberpunkd

Where can I find a good write up about the various vaccines and which ones for which age group? And also which one is better?
They are all the same, Janssen shows lower efficiency but that’s because J&J did their Phase 3 trials in the middle of the pandemic with variants present.

AZ is mostly recommended for older folks due to blood cloths (extremely rare).

Pfizer and Moderna are based on mRNA technology, AZ on more typical one (inactivated virus I think).

Anecdotal evidence - wife felt like shit after each Pfizer shot, I got Moderna and didn’t feel a thing. YMMV.

Last edited:

Aarbron

If unsure best to talk to your GP. I will be going next week, to ask re AZ vaxx.

FunkMiller

I’m not going to lie, I am enjoying the absolute fuck of telling everyone I know in Australia how everything is open as normal in London, with falling covid cases - after last year I had to put up with them gloating at me when it was the other way around 😂

Tschumi

This guy's a tad Australian. Fuck yeah.

update: year two of no enforced lockdowns in japan here get faaaaacked

Did see Kapiniaris do stand up in North Melbourne. The older, probably Greek, audience were loving his shtick.
Apparently Wog Boys Forever is in production haha

Bullet Club

Queensland is back in lockdown and all sports have been cancelled, which screws the AFL & NRL.

It looks like the 3 cancelled Queensland AFL games will be played in Melbourne & Geelong tomorrow.

haha take off the rose tinted glasses. They were both shit.
I watched Acropolis Now again a few years ago. I enjoyed it.

h00ters

Sky News now being free-to-air in regional Australia is a very disturbing situation. Their 'After Dark' anchors/hosts are so incredibly dangerous.

h00ters

What's messed up is a group like Lorna Jane stupidly promote a line of activewear that 'repels COVID' and cop a $5 million fine.

Alan Jones goes on his program, claiming Delta is 1/20th as lethal and that vaccinations make you more likely to die, and all he has to do is issue an on air apology and take the video down from their online platforms.

FunkMiller

What's messed up is a group like Lorna Jane stupidly promote a line of activewear that 'repels COVID' and cop a $5 million fine.

Alan Jones goes on his program, claiming Delta is 1/20th as lethal and that vaccinations make you more likely to die, and all he has to do is issue an on air apology and take the video down from their online platforms.

Pretty sure Alan Jones and Scott Morrison see eye to eye on a lot of stuff. Probably got something to do with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom