• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australians.

FunkMiller

Congrats to Gladys on breaking the Australian: record: 825 new cases in NSW.

Big protests have been happening in Sydney & Melbourne. Crowds throwing bottles at the police. Cops using pepper spray.

Almost the big 1000! Yay!

Why, it's almost as if you can't keep an extremely virulent virus out of a community, and therefore you have to make sure you have lots of vaccines!

...I don't actually think I've ever witnessed such a collection of chickenshit politicians in my life - and I fucking live in the UK at the moment with Boris.

Not just the politicians either:

This stupid cunt spread groundless fears about AstraZeneca for months, and now she's getting all worried because delta's coming to QLD? Yeah, well, maybe next time there's a vaccine that can stop you having to lock your entire state down every time somebody sneezes, don't bad mouth it to everyone, fucko.

Last edited:

Clear

Honestly I thought the way they handled this in the UK was bad, but holy shit Australia (and Canada to a lesser extent) are fucking nuts.

FunkMiller

Honestly I thought the way they handled this in the UK was bad, but holy shit Australia (and Canada to a lesser extent) are fucking nuts.

The UK fucked up with the initial lockdown, but did everything right with the vaccines. Australia did everything right with the initial lockdown, and fucked up with the vaccines.

A combo of the two approaches would have saved a lot of lives, money and effort. Unfortunately Boris is a lazy people pleaser who couldn't stand the idea of locking people up, and Scott Morrison is an ultra religious psychopath, who probably thought his god would sort it all out for him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 820760

Unconfirmed Member
These lockdowns need to stop. Short sharp lockdowns may help, but long drawn out one’s do not. A reporter asked Dan Andrews the other day what would happen at 80% vaccination. He refused to answer what would change, he also implied lockdowns would continue no matter the vaccination percentage.

If this isn’t setting off alarm bells in your head, there is something wrong with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

FunkMiller

These lockdowns need to stop. Short sharp lockdowns may help, but long drawn out one’s do not. A reporter asked Dan Andrews the other day what would happen at 80% vaccination. He refused to answer what would change, he also implied lockdowns would continue no matter the vaccination percentage.

If this isn’t setting off alarm bells in your head, there is something wrong with you.

They all convinced themselves that zero covid was possible, and now they can’t row back on that because people believed them. At some point Australia has to open up again - and there will be thousands of cases.

Mattyp

I don’t care for zero Covid, I care for just opening the flood gates and restarting everything. I’m down with the UKs approach, old people shitting it now there’s an outbreak and blaming young people we’ll you’ve had months and months to get vaccination but you didn’t so fuck off in all honesty.

farmerboy

They all convinced themselves that zero covid was possible, and now they can’t row back on that because people believed them. At some point Australia has to open up again - and there will be thousands of cases.

Why the fascination with cases? We should be focussing on outcomes. There have been 2 years in the last 5 where flu deaths reached or neared 1000. No hysteria.

Vaccinate, open up and the rest is whats meant to be. The vast majority will not tolerate lock downs once vaccination targets have been achieved.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 820760

Unconfirmed Member
Why the fascination with cases? We should be focussing on outcomes. There have been 2 years in the last 5 where flu deaths reached or neared 1000. No hysteria.

Vaccinate, open up and the rest is whats meant to be. The vast majority will not tolerate lock downs once vaccination targets have been achieved.
Yep. People will lose their shit if the premiers try to lock us down after 70/80%. Interesting times ahead.

Bullet Club

Yes, we should open up once we hit the vaccination targets. Makes no sense to lockdown if 80% are vaccinated.

In other news...

Weird that it's on 7 and not 9.

FunkMiller

Yep. People will lose their shit if the premiers try to lock us down after 70/80%. Interesting times ahead.

Especially because so many Australians have family in the U.K - where the lockdown is completely over and the country is now living with it.

Bullet Club

bWAgKHS.jpg

What a dipshit.

sol_bad

4000 people sounds like a lot until you look at the population of Melbourne which is about 5 million.
It's a small amount of fuck wits who are doing these protests.

farmerboy

4000 people sounds like a lot until you look at the population of Melbourne which is about 5 million.
It's a small amount of fuck wits who are doing these protests.

Yeah but easily 100k agree to some extent but aren't prepared to protest.

This is an issue of trust. And if you have people not trusting, you're either a prick or you're failing to communicate. Though there will always be a percentage you can't get through to.

Bullet Club

He's not really wrong but the way the dickhead phrases things and just the way he speaks in general makes me want to instantly disagree with what he says.

farmerboy

I've posted 3 times about him in the past month. If that's too much for you, just put me on ignore.

I'm not counting, but you certainly give off that vibe. It feels like more than 3 times. Regardless, your opinion's not unwarranted. Policy reaction to this outbreak, in hindsight, has been sorely lacking. From all levels of govt and both sides of the fence.

Bullet Club

It feels like more than 3 times.
It's because I'm not the only one posting about him. The 3 times (which are on this page) is it for at least a month, I didn't check back further. And if he stopped saying stupid shit in his covid pressers/interviews, I wouldn't post about him.

From all levels of govt and both sides of the fence.
Agreed, but the others aren't spouting as much crap.

Mattyp

Oh look, Fuck Knuckle has decided that zero covid isn't an option and that vaccination is a race.

Well done Scott!

It isn’t an option, even pre delta sure we could of probably squashed it. And then what cut off every single ship, plane and transport into Australia?

I couldn’t give a fuck, open the lot up.

So what's the go with Melbs and restrictions? Heard talks of radius being extended but can't see any info on the vic corona site.

Bullet Club

Feels like she has been around forever, but she's not even 60. Would like to have a beer with her
The tweet is by a different Georgie Parker, one that played for Collingwood in the AFLW and also played for the Hockeyroos. The actress probably doesn't care about McDonalds Monopoly. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

D

Deleted member 820760

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the go with Melbs and restrictions? Heard talks of radius being extended but can't see any info on the vic corona site.
Apparently on the (I think) 23rd of this month, when 70% of the population has had their first jab, we will have some slight easing of restrictions. 10km from home, 3 hours outside home, and a few other very small changes.

We will be under hard restrictions for next few months at least.

Dan is a cunt.

Ogbert

Spent a year in Melbourne in the early 2000s.

Loved it. So weird watching this stuff happen. It seems so, we’ll, ‘unaustralian’.

It’s like they’ve gone collectively bonkers.

FunkMiller

Spent a year in Melbourne in the early 2000s.

Loved it. So weird watching this stuff happen. It seems so, we’ll, ‘unaustralian’.

It’s like they’ve gone collectively bonkers.

Panic mode brought on by a lot of media bullshit (the news reporting in Australia is just awful) and a dreadful vaccine rollout. The rest of us had our panic last year with the first version of covid, now Australia gets to have it with delta - which is much worse.

Also, Melbourne is full of psychopaths, perverts and soy chai latte drinkers. You did well to get out alive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom