• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

NinjaBoiX

Have you heard this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

DJ Shadow ft. Run The Jewels - Nobody Speak
Yeah, it's decent, I like it. His new record is really good, I'm satisfied that The Outsider was just a blip.

New Massive Attack stuff sounding great too:

Massive Attack feat. Hope Sandoval - The Spoils

And with the class new music from BANKS, Roots Manuva, UNKLE, etc all coming at once, it's a good time to be alive! I get my phone out and struggle to decide what to check out next...

HbUS4AV.jpg

I want to put some posters up in my flat (no frames, just paper). Anybody have any suggestions of what I can use to put them up that doesn't leave a mark? Terrified of selloptape or blu tack leaving marks and my landlord not being impressed.

Symphonia

Banned
I want to put some posters up in my flat (no frames, just paper). Anybody have any suggestions of what I can use to put them up that doesn't leave a mark? Terrified of selloptape or blu tack leaving marks and my landlord not being impressed.
Command strips, white tack, or masking tape.

NinjaBoiX

If you really need to hang a poster then just use blu-tack, it will come off easily enough by rubbing another blob over the residue.

But to be honest if you aren't willing to pay to have it framed it probably doesn't deserve to be hung on your wall.

Sticking bits of paper to your wall is for spotty teenagers and serial killers.

(Frame them mane, stay classy.)

NinjaBoiX

That's another point to consider to be honest, if it's an expensive/rare print then you are better off framing it to look after it. It will always get dog eared and faded just stuck to the wall.

You can get fairly cheap pre-made frames if its a pretty standard size, it might be worth getting just one done for now then see how you go.

I refuse to link it because it's The Sun, but:

Crystal Maze is apparently coming back for a one off special for Stand Up To Cancer in October.

Host not certain but the bosses are after David Tennant.

please don't be shit
please don't be shit
please don't be shit
please don't be shit
please don't be shit

it'll be shit won't it

Skele7on

Banned

Crystal Maze is apparently coming back for a one off special for Stand Up To Cancer in October.

please don't be shit
please don't be shit
please don't be shit
please don't be shit
please don't be shit

it'll be shit won't it

It's gonna be celebrity with "reality tv stars" :|

8bit

Knows the Score

please don't be shit
please don't be shit
please don't be shit
please don't be shit
please don't be shit

it'll be shit won't it

It's Stephen Merchant.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/a5e80d11056ec88c7661df53b9590035/tumblr_ocrlnvSowV1r539hzo1_400.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://kuvaton.com/kuvei/taalta_tullaan_2.gif[IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/0MyLoJW.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

NINJA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I FIND YOU POSTING FUNNY PICS [I]OUTSIDE[/I] OF THE PTMYL THREAD!?

Hand in your badge...

[QUOTE=CHEEZMO™;215476779]Went out 3 nights in a row. Wanted to do all 4 but ehhh it was expensive. Such a crazy time tho, so many stories and stuff happening haha[/QUOTE]

I totally missed Pride in Edinburgh. Wish I'd gone 'cos a few of my mates said it was a laff.

Think I was holed up inside doing something asinine instead.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
CHEEZMO™;215476779 said:
Went out 3 nights in a row. Wanted to do all 4 but ehhh it was expensive. Such a crazy time tho, so many stories and stuff happening haha

Yep 😊 Only just recovered!!!
Bollox was the best though. Def going to the next one

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I feel like a fraud today.

Had an old lady in the shop, got early Parkinson's disease, she's been here once before about two years ago. But she was ever so pleased that I recognised her and remembered her name after all this time and left the shop really happy.

That was a low-down trick. I didn't remember her at all. But she'd dropped her stick as she came into the shop so I picked it up for her, and it had her name written on it in big letters.

I'm torn between feeling mean that I scammed her and happy that I made her happy.

Grr.

NinjaBoiX

I feel like a fraud today.

Had an old lady in the shop, got early Parkinson's disease, she's been here once before about two years ago. But she was ever so pleased that I recognised her and remembered her name after all this time and left the shop really happy.

That was a low-down trick. I didn't remember her at all. But she'd dropped her stick as she came into the shop so I picked it up for her, and it had her name written on it in big letters.

I'm torn between feeling mean that I scammed her and happy that I made her happy.

Grr.
Confess, she won't remember anyway.

(This is a cute story where nobody loses, fair play to you!)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I need to vent because it's bugging the hell out of me, apologies Brit-GAF you're the most general thread I have.

There are so many PS4 Pro threads on the front page of the gaming side and yet not one shows a picture of the bloody thing. I had to go to the Amazon one and click through to see what it actually looks like

Sort of on topic, Run The Jewels are sick, gonna whack some of that on right now. I would've preferred Tennant to be the Crystal Maze host.

NinjaBoiX

They say that if the scale of the electromagnetic spectrum was quantified as the width of America, the amount that we can see as visible light would be approximate to the width of a human hair.

Also:

8KrR6V3.gif

Does any Londoner knows Archway? Any Opinion?
I'm considering moving there, since it's cheap, I would have 35min~40m to work (30 inside the northern to Oval). The commute is the part that doesn't convince me, but the price or the apartment is too good to pass.

Qasiel

Does any Londoner knows Archway? Any Opinion?
I'm considering moving there, since it's cheap, I would have 35min~40m to work (30 inside the northern to Oval). The commute is the part that doesn't convince me, but the price or the apartment is too good to pass.

I know the Holloway Road/Highbury & Islington area which is nearby better. It's not too bad, got a few good pubs and music venues (Nambucca & The Garage) close by. Hampstead Heath is also quite a nice place to go and chill. Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

I know the Holloway Road/Highbury & Islington area which is nearby better. It's not too bad, got a few good pubs and music venues (Nambucca & The Garage) close by. Hampstead Heath is also quite a nice place to go and chill. Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

Not really, just to know if it's safe or a dead end (like very residential (no shops/nothing or unsafe, etc).
The only bummer for me is 30min inside the northern line, but it's not too bad, I can get a bike and go for 40min ride instead.

Qasiel

Yeah, there should be plenty of shops around/stuff to do/places to go. You're also not too far from central either, with a pretty good link with the Northern line. It seems generally safe, with the only complaint I've heard is from a former housemate of mine got screwed over by her landlord, but she was never down about the area. In fact, she's moved from my place recently because she wanted to go back that way (I live in south-east London).

40 minutes by bike's not too shabby either; it's about the same time as my ride into work.

spuckthew

If you don't mind my asking, what sort of pricing are you looking at in the Archway area?

I was looking at moving into London proper and finding a cool area. The plan was to use the savings in Oyster fares to offset any increase in rent, since I currently live just outside of London in the south in Zone 6 and it's £227 for a monthly Oyster pass. My rail link into Waterloo is quick at 18 minutes (6 times per hour to boot), but it's a 15 minute walk to the station in a very quiet area with not much happening.

I only ever really looked at southern areas because I know the south better, but I may have missed some golden opportunities in more northern parts. Archway looks pretty much ideal for me, assuming the area is decent.

This one is £1100 pcm + bills (around 100 council tax + 100 (gas,energy,water,internet), but it's a 1 bed apartment all to myself (almost an studio, the room is only for the bed), and it's 10min walking to Archway station.

So I'm looking to something around that price.

spuckthew

This one is £1100 pcm + bills (around 100 council tax + 100 (gas,energy,water,internet), but it's a 1 bed apartment all to myself (almost an studio, the room is only for the bed), and it's 10min walking to Archway station.

So I'm looking to something around that price.

Hmm, I guess London pricing is expensive regardless lol. I basically pay exactly the same as that for a 1 bed down here, but my place is very spacious (large kitchen, large living room, large bedroom, large bathroom, plenty of storage). I almost found a place near Croydon that met my needs in terms of space and aesthetic, but it was near Croydon in a quite tragic area (in hindsight I'm not sure why I even bothered going to the viewing!)

Hmm, I guess London pricing is expensive regardless lol. I basically pay exactly the same as that for a 1 bed down here, but my place is very spacious (large kitchen, large living room, large bedroom, large bathroom, plenty of storage). I almost found a place near Croydon that met my needs in terms of space and aesthetic, but it was near Croydon in a quite tragic area (in hindsight I'm not sure why I even bothered going to the viewing!)

Yeah, and Croydon is not to close either.
London is expensive yes, I'm sharing a house in Camden right now, 2 beds, 1 big living and separate kitchen, 1 bathroom, but I want to move, I'm paying £950 + half bills, but I can stand my roomate's bullshit and Camden anymore, that's why I'm looking for a place to myself (and my gf).

Assault

Hi everyone, I have a question I'd like to ask some of you more 'experienced' Gaffers in regard to my current predicament. It's honestly not worthy of its own thread, but any answers will be appreciated. It might sound like a really stupid question (it is, honestly), but I would like to hear your responses.

I finished University a couple of months ago, and since then I have spent absolutely ZERO time searching for a job. I don't wanna sound like a weakling, but that last year of university really took its toll, and the dissertation was a real killer, so I decided to give myself a break for a few months.

ANYWAY... my bank account is now almost totally emptied, but on the bright side, I'm feeling pretty refreshed. I've been working warehouse jobs every summer for the past four of five years, and they literally just messaged me a few hours ago asking if I'd be up to come back until January.

STUPID QUESTION INCOMING: Is it a bad idea to spend these next four months working an entry level job? Or should I just be searching for a real job in my field? Will I be left eating the dust of my fellow graduates? I live in a small town and so I'm aiming to move out within the next year. If I took this shitty job I could at least save up £4,000 at the very least... The only problem is that I'm absolutely sure that I'll just end up getting complacent and not job-hunt on the side for the next four months, and will probably only be spurred into action when this contract inevitably ends in January.

So yeah. I'm re-reading what I've just wrote, and it sounds like a dumb question, though I guess I'm just searching for some affirmation...

Top Bottom