• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CANADA NPD Sales Results for April 2007

argon

Sorry if it was already posted.. Can't keep track of these NPD threads..

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171067.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;3

Wii 42.1k
DS 34.9k
PS2 18k
360 12.8k
PSP 12.1k
GBA 7.9k
PS3 7.2k

Software sales:
1. Pokemon Diamond 48k
2. Pokemon Pearl 37k
3. Wii Play
4. Super Paper Mario
5. God of War 2 11.6k

Peripheral sales:
1. Wii Remote
2. Wii Nunchuk
3. Wii Points Card
4. X360 Wireless Controller
5. PS2 8MB Memory Card

Nintendo had a particularly good month, with the Wii outselling all hardware with more than 42,100 units sold. Following closely behind was the DS, with 34,900 systems sold. The rest of the hardware field lagged significantly behind, with the PlayStation 2 (18,000), Xbox 360 (12,800), and PlayStation Portable (12,100) rounding out the top five. The PlayStation 3 delivered 7,200 sales, edged out by the Game Boy Advance and its 7,900 units sold.

Nintendo also fared well on the game charts, delivering the top four best-selling games of the month with Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Pearl, Wii Play, and Super Paper Mario, in that order. While Diamond and Pearl for the DS are fundamentally the same game, consumers expressed a preference for the former, as it outsold its counterpart 48,000 to 37,200 for the month. Sony's God of War II for the PlayStation 2 broke Nintendo's run on the charts with a fifth place finish and 11,600 copies sold.

Finally, Nintendo topped the accessories sales charts as well, with the Wii Remote, Nunchuk controller, and Wii Points Card being the three best-selling peripherals of the month. They were followed by the Xbox 360 wireless controller and the PlayStation 2 8MB memory card, respectively.

Quick, somebody figure out the ratio of last month's Canada sales to overall North American NPD, then extrapolate for this month. GO GO GO

I wanna quote my other post in that other thread here:

chibcicylist said:
thefro said:
Wow, huge numbers for Wii in Canada... over 400k in US based on these shipments?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171067.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;3

Canadian Numbers:

Wii 42100
DS 34900
PS2 18000
360 12800
GBA 7900
PS3 7200

Some SW Numbers:
1st Pokemon Diamond 48000
2nd Pokemon Pearl 37200
5th God of War II 11600

Holy crap, that's a huge increase in Wii shipments, at least a 30% increase. Wii at more than 300k in the US is almost confirmed.

So the Wii really was sold at a rate of one per two consoles, including the PS2. New Gen is here, baby.

Also, GBA>PS3, even in Canada. :lol

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
argon said:
GBA 7.9k
PS3 7.2k

playstation3.jpg

"So you've come back for more, HUH?!"

womfalcs3 said:
Except those are Japan's number in a bad week.... not a month. :lol :lol
According to Media Create, the Wii sold 350K and the PS3 sold 50K in Japan during the same NPD time frame(April 8-May 5).

thefro

Kobun Heat said:
Quick, somebody figure out the ratio of last month's Canada sales to overall North American NPD, then extrapolate for this month. GO GO GO

Even if it extrapolates on the low end, I think we're in for a pretty epic GAF meltdown. :lol

radjago

Kobun Heat said:
How would you account for Canadian taste? You know they have milk in bags?

Kabouter

stewacide said:
I suspect Canada't the 4th largest vid-game market after the US, Japan, and UK.

Yeah, because people don't play games in Germany (which has over 80 million citizens vs. Canada's 30) or France (64 million citizens). Just to give you some examples :p.

Anyway, Nintendo is slaughtering the competition.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Canada's numbers are 7-9% of North America. Start doing some math, kids! STAT!

Zzoram

stewacide said:
I suspect Canada't the 4th largest vid-game market after the US, Japan, and UK.

No.

But Canada gets the sweet stuff before the rest of the world simply due to location.

Chiggs

I honestly can't get over the Wii. It's domination is ridiculous. I hate the system, personally; but all these people can't be wrong, can they?

I think I might be the problem.

stewacide

Kabouter said:
Yeah, because people don't play games in Germany (which has over 80 million citizens vs. Canada's 30) or France (64 million citizens). Just to give you some examples :p.

AFAIK they really don't: gaming is much less popular on the Continent than in the Japan/NA/UK heart-land, although that's been slowing changing. Whether the difference is enough to put one or the other ahead I don't know.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Less talking and more solving!

I need some rough figures. I need a fix, man!!

Edit: Ohhhh, that's the stuff. *fap fap fap*

Chiggs said:
I honestly can't get over the Wii. It's domination is ridiculous. I hate the system, personally; but all these people can't be wrong, can they?

I think I might be the problem.

It does comparably suck to what the 360 and the PS3 have but this should change in the medium term with the Wii getting most of the good games.

Zzoram

stewacide said:
AFAIK they really don't: gaming is much less popular on the Continent than in the Japan/NA/UK heart-land, although that's been slowing changing. Whether the difference is enough to put one or the other ahead I don't know.

Germany is pretty hardcore RTS, and Counterstrike is mad popular in Europe. That's all PC gaming though. I think PC gaming is more popular in Europe than consoles.

Kabouter

stewacide said:
You are quite wrong. Gaming is strong on the continent too.
It's just that for instance in Germany, PC gaming is prevalent (So much so that PC game revenue is higher than that of all console games combined), so GAF ignores it.

stewacide

Zzoram said:
Germany is pretty hardcore RTS, and Counterstrike is mad popular in Europe. That's all PC gaming though. I think PC gaming is more popular in Europe than consoles.

True, but besides the point.

Look at the PS3 and other console launch allotments in Europe (and remember Sony is the only player to ever make a real impact on the continent): the UK allotment dwarfed the others.

In terms of CONSOLE gaming, if I had to make an educated guess, I'd say Canada probably edges out France and Germany (individually) for the #4 spot.

South Korea of course is another big PC-heavy console-light market.

AlphaSnake said:
Less talking and more solving!

I need some rough figures. I need a fix, man!!

Edit: Ohhhh, that's the stuff. *fap fap fap*

It's much, much lower for the 360/PS3(around 3%-5%) so they both should do relatively better.

Top Bottom