• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ChileGAF |OT| CTM weon que pulento el thread!

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I'm in for a GAF meeting.

shit guys im arriving in santiago tomorrow, whats the best place to eat completos and chorrillanos!!!? i need to know that right now!

Fuente Alemana. It's on the Baquedano Station.

Lautaro

That moment when the presidential candidates of your country suck so much that you prefer to pose with Obama:

6ocr1HC.jpg

I'm not an expert at all in this matter, but as far as I know it only depends on your contract, I mean... the way you negotiate the conditions you ask for to sign for the firm.

Obviously, if all the other employees at that firm don't receive an extra payment to cover the cost of the daily meal (for example), you can bet if you ask for it, there is a 99.999999999% of chance that they (the firm) will send you "a la csm y más allá", except maybe if you're filling a key position in the firm that they desperately need.

In other cases, the situation about the meals and lodging is dictated by the nature of the job. The most classic example here in Chile is people that works in the mines here in the North.

Since a huge % of the workers come from the Central/South of the country, your employer will pay for the lodging and meals since you arrive to the city, until you get to the mine itself (once you're in the mine, during the shift, the mine pays for all, which means you will be provided with a room and access to three meals a day (tenedor libre, así que puedes comer como chancho si quieres)).

A good amount of those firms provide you also with the bus/plane tickets to travel from your home and viceversa. Some of them, however, don't provide them and it's pretty common to negotiate it. Most of the time they'll agree to pay for them.

So, why don't they offer them from the start? well... to reduce operational costs only. If you're "vivo", you'll ask for it, if you're "huevón" (lol) you'll say nothing and well... you'll be saving your employer a good amount of bucks. <-- shitty firms use to do that.
Late to say thanks for the reply - thank you!I understand now how works.

Also meetup in Santiago anyone? What if I created a thread? This thread is kind of dead so I feel like if I created a thread it'd get 0 replies lol.

Also, anyone have a spare room for rent?

Depends on day and time. Did anyone manage to meet before?
I don't think there has ever been a meetup. The Reddit Chile group had a meetup in Parque O'Higgins earlier this year I think. They had an asado, ate a shitload of choripan and got wasted. Everyone pitched in 5 luca or so.

I would offer my depto for a meetup. Unless that is too weird. I trust you fuckers not to rob and murder me. Or we can be a bunch of nerds and go to Insert Coin Bar. I've always wanted to go check it out.

Okay leave it to the gringo to organize this.

WHAT DAY OF THE WEEK AND TIME WORKS BEST FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN A MEETUP.
I am assuming a Friday night or Saturday?

Cramoss

I don't think there has ever been a meetup. The Reddit Chile group had a meetup in Parque O'Higgins earlier this year I think. They had an asado, ate a shitload of choripan and got wasted. Everyone pitched in 5 luca or so.

I would offer my depto for a meetup. Unless that is too weird. I trust you fuckers not to rob and murder me. Or we can be a bunch of nerds and go to Insert Coin Bar. I've always wanted to go check it out.

Okay leave it to the gringo to organize this.

WHAT DAY OF THE WEEK AND TIME WORKS BEST FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN A MEETUP.I am assuming a Friday night or Saturday?

Shit, I think I'll pass then..

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So is there anyone that wants to see Arrival in the Cinemark Marina Arauco located in Viña del mar? I really want to see that movie but it feels weird going alone so....

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Pull your phone out during the movie and talk to us so you don't feel alone.

Pulling your phone during in a movie theather while the movie is playing is highly uncouth, also it's no substitute for a real person next to you. I might just go alone, Denis Villeneuve has not let me down once.

The floor just moved guys, I'm from los rios so it was a good shake but it seems to be earthquake on chiloe, hoping everyone is safe.

The floor just moved guys, I'm from los rios so it was a good shake but it seems to be earthquake on chiloe, hoping everyone is safe.
Dude, we are 100km away.. lol. I'm from Osorno (I guess you meant Valdivia with Los Ríos)
Worry not, 8+ is considered a full blown earthquake in Chile.

Kodaman

Man, just arrived yesterday from Valpo to Aysen. Nice reception lol.
Not that strong here but pretty long and a kind on unusual type of movement; sort of a slow sway.
Have a brother on Castro that told us it was pretty scary.

Talked to Some friends from Pto Montt too. It was very strong there.

Hopefuly no one got hurt.

Man, just arrived yesterday from Valpo to Aysen. Nice reception lol.
Not that strong here but pretty long and a kind on unusual type of movement; sort of a slow sway.
Have a brother on Castro that told us it was pretty scary.

Talked to Some friends from Pto Montt too. It was very strong there.

Hopefuly no one got hurt.
I have friends from Chiloe and they were joking with "nadie me ha movido tanto el piso" lol. They are all fine and sans that little path of road, everything is all right.

FuuRe

Talk about coincidence... I've spent most of this day watching earthquake videos on YT and now that I fired my news outlets bam!

Hope everyone's safe, ATM there are no reports on deaths or even injuries, very nice.

ElFly

in my memory, microplay tends to be as expensive as zmart if not more but it is also true that at launch it will be more expensive anyway

FuuRe

lol that can't be true, i remember 700 but 1mill? omfg...

Can confirm, had a friend that almost bit on it.

I bought mine for 400k in 2008 from todojuegos

Next month had to buy my first LCD because MGS4 looked like shit on my CRT

I spent 800k in 30 days, my salary was 450k/month

Thanks Bachelet

Can confirm, had a friend that almost bit on it.

I bought mine for 400k in 2008 from todojuegos

Next month had to buy my first LCD because MGS4 looked like shit on my CRT

I spent 800k in 30 days, my salary was 450k/month

Thanks Bachelet

I bought for like 370 in 2008 too, plus a small monitor for like 140. My salary was only 140 a month, but MGS4, LBP and Valkyria Chronicles made me do it!

Top Bottom