• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ChileGAF |OT| CTM weon que pulento el thread!

Ecliptor

I've been in bed since Friday and I'm gonna stay in bed until Wednesday. I'm not sick or anything, it's just that my life is sad. 😅

I've been in bed since Friday and I'm gonna stay in bed until Wednesday. I'm not sick or anything, it's just that my life is sad. 😅
Fiestas Patrias is so damn commercial anyways. I don't know if its always been like that but for the 3 years living in Chile I found it to be a bit sad sometimes. Talking about the fondas mostly. They are expensive, you have to pay to enter most (all?) of them, the food and beverages inside are not cheap.

How does a family even afford to go to a fonda?

I wonder how much money the municipalities makes each year off all this. Yeah, I know it costs money to put these events on but I mean you can easily have the sponsors pay for that.

Lets not get into the whole price gouging when it comes to meat at supermarkets. You have people buying meat months in advance because they know prices go up 10x leading into September.

I did the whole fonda thing my first year and now it is just about the house parties. Since I don't have family down there I usually end up invited to have a meal with a friends family and that is what fiesta patrias is all about for me.

Ostinatto

Fiestas Patrias is so damn commercial anyways. I don't know if its always been like that but for the 3 years living in Chile I found it to be a bit sad sometimes. Talking about the fondas mostly. They are expensive, you have to pay to enter most (all?) of them, the food and beverages inside are not cheap.

I wonder how much money the municipalities makes each year off all this. Yeah, I know it costs money to put these events on but I mean you can easily have the sponsors pay for that.

Lets not get into the whole price gouging when it comes to meat at supermarkets. You have people buying meat months in advance because they know prices go up 10x leading into September.

I did the whole fonda thing my first year and now it is just about the house parties. Since I don't have family down there I usually end up invited to have a meal with a friends family and that is what fiesta patrias is all about for me.

Most families gather together at home, to make asados and drink endlessly, also having a bed near you is a big plus.

Adnor

Banned

I've never gone to a fonda in my life tbh, always an asado with the family.

Ostinatto

Dont fucking eat costillar and drink chicha at the same time, can´t fucking move right now,

i´m old, this was not an issue years before.

Robaperas

I've never gone to a fonda in my life tbh, always an asado with the family.

I remember going to a fonda once when I was a kid, it was really noisy but I won a bottle of cheap pisco for my uncle on one of those ring throwing games, so it was worth it I guess. Family asados are the best, they're always a good time.

I liked going to the Parque O'higgins fondas when I was a kid. There was just so much you can see and do, and food wasn't expensive.

Now 5k for an Anticucho? 2,5k for an Empanada ? Fuck off.

This year I went to my girlfriend's place in Hualqui, near Concepcion. Empanadas a luca, but no alcohol. In any case, my girlfriend's family made asados an a whole lot of empanadas so now my stomach is hating me at work where I sadly am now. Didn't want to come back to santiago. I am seriusly considering just leave this fucking city.

Ecliptor

In the end I ate some empanadas and choripan, which is more than I expected.

The good thing is that I'm only busy on Thursday this week.

ElFly

we only used to go to the fondas at my school, and a couple around the neighbour, back 30 years ago. my parents even helped with the schools ones a couple of times

other than that, yeah, fondas are ridic expensive and make little sense

We will make it. Pizzi can suck my...

But we will make it. Even with a loss vs Brasil, which I think is likely. Peru loses to Colombia. Argentina beats Ecuador. Chile move down to 5th and take the inter-continental qualifying spot at worst - which is as good as qualified since that match is against New Zealand.

Needless to say breaking the tie today was everything. This team never make it easy on the fans.

Ecliptor

We will make it. Pizzi can suck my...

But we will make it. Even with a loss vs Brasil, which I think is likely. Peru loses to Colombia. Argentina beats Ecuador. Chile move down to 5th and take the inter-continental qualifying spot at worst - which is as good as qualified since that match is against New Zealand.

Needless to say breaking the tie today was everything. This team never make it easy on the fans.
You're forgetting Paraguay, who will also pass
us if they win and we lose. We need one more point to secure the 5th place.

Fedemgsuy

Uruguayo atrevido aqui, con ganas de hablar de futbol, que ultima fecha que se nos viene, yo pago para que clasifiquen uds y no Argentina, fuck Sampaolli

jnWake

Chile gets minimum 5th with a tie.

If Chile loses (by 1 goal) there are a lot of scenarios:
1. If neither Argentina or Paraguay win, Chile passes. Chile would have same goal difference than Argentina but more goals scored.
2. If Paraguay AND Argentina win, we're doomed.
3. If one wins and the other doesn't, we depend on Colombia vs Peru. If either Colombia or Peru win, Chile passes. If Colombia and Peru tie AND Peru scores the same amount of goals than Chile, Chile passes (for example, Chile loses 1-0 and Peru ties 0-0).

If Chile loses by more than 1 goal we need Argentina to lose and Paraguay to not win.

So yeah, it'll be a pain.

Ostinatto

Todos somos Valdivia !!!

dalealbo-assets.s3.amazonaws.jpg

Chile gets minimum 5th with a tie.

If Chile loses (by 1 goal) there are a lot of scenarios:
1. If neither Argentina or Paraguay win, Chile passes. Chile would have same goal difference than Argentina but more goals scored.
2. If Paraguay AND Argentina win, we're doomed.
3. If one wins and the other doesn't, we depend on Colombia vs Peru. If either Colombia or Peru win, Chile passes. If Colombia and Peru tie AND Peru scores the same amount of goals than Chile, Chile passes (for example, Chile loses 1-0 and Peru ties 0-0).

If Chile loses by more than 1 goal we need Argentina to lose and Paraguay to not win.

So yeah, it'll be a pain.

I'm always surprised at the amount of thought that goes into this stuff, lol.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Just realized how similar the Texas flag is to Chile. Did we rip it off you like the pride flag from the Quechua/Cusco flag?

Just realized how similar the Texas flag is to Chile. Did we rip it off you like the pride flag from the Quechua/Cusco flag?

Our design is 22 years older than Texas's. 1817 vs 1839. As far as my quick research is concerned, they have nothing in common in terms of origin.

Ostinatto

Estoy pal pico csm, no puedo hacer nada, ni jugar en la play, ni ver tele... yo creo que será mejor no ver los partidos, si no me va a dar algo.

Estoy pal pico csm, no puedo hacer nada, ni jugar en la play, ni ver tele... yo creo que será mejor no ver los partidos, si no me va a dar algo.
When any of my friends say they won't watch they always end up watching. And if you live in an edificio the walls will be shaking all game long with neighbors screaming anyways so just have a drink and watch. The drink will calm the nerves.

Also, sorry I am not posting in Spanish I am too lazy. We should have a GAF Chile whatsapp group so you all can laugh at my spelling.

Ostinatto

When any of my friends say they won't watch they always end up watching. And if you live in an edificio the walls will be shaking all game long with neighbors screaming anyways so just have a drink and watch. The drink will calm the nerves.

Also, sorry I am not posting in Spanish I am too lazy. We should have a GAF Chile whatsapp group so you all can laugh at my spelling.

yeah, every single person will be watching the match, it will impossible to forget about it.

Im down for the whassap group.

Ostinatto

No puedo culpar a esta generación de jugadores, nos dieron 2 copas américa enfrentando a Argentina en 2 finales consecutivas y las ganaron.

Duele, duele mucho, Pero no puedo echar la culpa a nadie por esto, seria muy injusto.

Gracias Bravo, Medel, Diaz, Aranguiz, Valdivia, Vidal, Sanchez y Vargas, por todas las alegrías que me dieron, estoy 100% seguro que lo dieron todo en estas eliminatorias.

Un abrazo a todos los chilenos de NeoGAF, fuerza y sigamos adelante.

jnWake

Fucking Paraguay bothered to come here and win, bothered to go to Colombia and win.

All of that to be unable to beat fucking Venezuela.

Top Bottom