• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chloë Grace Moretz: ‘Cruel’ viral ‘Family Guy’ meme turned me into a recluse

I wonder how people’s perspectives might change if they went outside their house to accept delivery of a pizza in their grubby pjs and were unwittingly photographed by stealth ninjas camping out with telephoto lenses, then everywhere they went people were laughing behind their back about their hairy gut hanging out. Being famous is a curse. First world problems though, right?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I wonder how people’s perspectives might change if they went outside their house to accept delivery of a pizza in their grubby pjs and were unwittingly photographed by stealth ninjas camping out with telephoto lenses, then everywhere they went people were laughing behind their back about their hairy gut hanging out. Being famous is a curse. First world problems though, right?

This comes, of course, from your 23 years experience being a Hollywood actor.

Don’t seek fame then. (Or if you were pushed into it as a kid, get out at 18.)

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I see people out in public in pajamas and/or looking like they haven't showered in days and not one fuck is given. Keep earning those brownie points though

Last edited:

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
I see people out in public in pajamas and/or looking like they haven't showered in days and not one fuck is given. Keep earning those brownie points though

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

That's quite a comparison you're making.

Normal people A: don't have a semi constant camera pointed at them at every minute and B: there's no reason for that to be the case.

This narrative or (un)logical fallacy where the psychological damage that could be done when been put under a microscope just by way of having played a fictional character in some movies is something normal and shouldn't be an issue by mere way of how there's an industry that thrives on doing just that because there's a decrepit audience for it doesn't make this normal. Not in the least.

There's a nuance/ distinction to be made regarding this celebrity culture and that line is it's self evident. Hint: voyeurist photographs vs self published insta shots.

Don't seek fame..

Or get out when you're eighteen..

Don't take this personally but this is some grade A bullshit

Sorry not sorry.
How is it bullshit? Fame comes with a cost and that cost is a total lack of privacy and obsessive lunatics. The people pay for their pound of flesh and they will get it. Just be a pleb if you want to be left alone.

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
Again it doesn't take ether physics analyst to be able to make distinction when looking at celebrity pictures and know when shit is done on purpose or not.

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
How is it bullshit? Fame comes with a cost and that cost is a total lack of privacy and obsessive lunatics. The people pay for their pound of flesh and they will get it. Just be a pleb if you want to be left alone.

Such a generalization and I can see why. It's merely logical when accepting and thus operating from within this low ass level frame of mind.

You're famous so people look at you.

Nevermind the hard work and shit those have been through to pursue their dreams.

Doesn't matter your famous and get money so you're fair game for the world to shit on.

Sighing Sigh GIF

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
Better don't get good at anything and remain a pleb if you can't handle the insane projective vitriol. Logic people.

You know? Some CAN'T handle that neverending vitriol.

Lots of suicides among celebs huh?

I'm sorry. And I'm not talking to you; gaming_again gaming_again personally.

Like I said before; some ask for attention and some are victim by way of merely being active in the same milieu. There's nuance to this. You know this.

Oops: in regard to your point I dont find it fair that an Industry built upon leaching off of this cultural phenomenon means it's oke for those that have to deal with that to take it as if it something "that comes with the occupation"

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

That's quite a comparison you're making.

Normal people A: don't have a semi constant camera pointed at them at every minute and B: there's no reason for that to be the case.

This narrative or (un)logical fallacy where the psychological damage that could be done when been put under a microscope just by way of having played a fictional character in some movies is something normal and shouldn't be an issue by mere way of how there's an industry that thrives on doing just that because there's a decrepit audience for it doesn't make this normal. Not in the least.

There's a nuance/ distinction to be made regarding this celebrity culture and that line is it's self evident. Hint: voyeurist photographs vs self published insta shots.
All celebs have bad pictures of them floating around on the internet. Im not saying it's right to make fun of people but If a meme breaks you seek mental health. I can't feel sorry for rich yt girl problems

This comes, of course, from your 23 years experience being a Hollywood actor.
What are you even talking about? Do i need to have experience being stalked by paparazzi to know it’s psychologically damaging? Totally missing the point, unless you’re just joking about me trying to have empathy, in which case ok, haha.
Don’t seek fame then. (Or if you were pushed into it as a kid, get out at 18.)
Why aren’t famous people allowed to talk about their problems? They are still people but they get treated like objects, that’s horribly damaging to their mental health. Every problem that comes with fame is her fault because she chooses to act in movies? People stalking her with cameras is her fault? She should just deal with it and never mention the negatives because other people have it worse?
You get special recognition for completely missing the point. Who am I seeking brownie points from, Chloe? Do you think she’s reading this thread? 🤣Yeah regular folk have the luxury of being shabby and gross in public, famous people are scrutinized and their bodies judged every time they step out the door. That’s the reality they cannot escape and that I was suggesting you consider how you would feel if that was your reality. Again I ask, how would you feel if there was always the threat of people hiding in the bushes snapping pictures of your body through a crack in the curtain. You have money though, so it’s not a real problem right?

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
What are you even talking about? Do i need to have experience being stalked by paparazzi to know it’s psychologically damaging? Totally missing the point, unless you’re just joking about me trying to have empathy, in which case ok, haha.

Why aren’t famous people allowed to talk about their problems? They are still people but they get treated like objects, that’s horribly damaging to their mental health. Every problem that comes with fame is her fault because she chooses to act in movies? People stalking her with cameras is her fault? She should just deal with it and never mention the negatives because other people have it worse?

You get special recognition for completely missing the point. Who am I seeking brownie points from, Chloe? Do you think she’s reading this thread? 🤣Yeah regular folk have the luxury of being shabby and gross in public, famous people are scrutinized and their bodies judged every time they step out the door. That’s the reality they cannot escape and that I was suggesting you consider how you would feel if that was your reality. Again I ask, how would you feel if there was always the threat of people hiding in the bushes snapping pictures of your body through a crack in the curtain. You have money though, so it’s not a real problem right?
I'm not reading all that I was bullied all through elementary and middle school for having an accent and called a 'wetback'. Grow thicker skin. No amount of word salad is going to make me feel sorry for her.

Last edited:

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
I'm not reading all that I was bullied all through elementary and middle school for having an accent and called a 'wetback' even though I was born and raised in America. Grow thicker skin. No amount of word salad is going to make me feel sorry for her.

So experience on a personal level extrapolates to a blanket consensus.

Cool.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

Yeah, it was mostly a shit post reply, hahaha. I mean, my ACTUAL opinion is as follows: Hollywood elite are people, just like all of us. Out of any slice of ANY group of people, there will be Christians, atheists, straight, gay, pedo, abusive partners, gamblers, and saints. As well, there will be also be people who fit their role like a glove, and people who just kind of bumbled into things. Keanu Reeves seems like he was built to be a forward facing celebrity figure. Someone like say, Aaron Carter (RIP) obviously had struggles with the demands of the lifestyle he was born into. Doesn't mean one person is more deserving of getting shit than another, or that someone who thrives in the elite scene is better or worse than someone who doesn't- it just is what it is.

I'm not reading all that I was bullied all through elementary and middle school for having an accent and called a 'wetback'. Grow thicker skin. No amount of word salad is going to make me feel sorry for her.
You’re a coward if you can’t be bothered to read a couple paragraphs, your thick skin can’t even handle considering another perspective. You were bullied, ok lol wow first world problems do you even know that there are people starving? See I can do it too.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
You’re a coward if you can’t be bothered to read a couple paragraphs, your thick skin can’t even handle considering another perspective. You were bullied, ok lol wow first world problems do you even know that there are people starving? See I can do it too.
I'm not complaining I'm making a point. I'm not traumatized, I didn't need therapy I don't hate yt people. Jump on the bandwagon and earn those brownie points too. Poor rich famous yt girl.

Last edited:

Tams

Or be a normal human being and start to realize that shitting on a girls looks she can't possible do shit about is just fucking trash.

She looks good in my view.
Anyone's fair game in my books, myself included.

I'll very rarely do it to someone personally, especially face-to-face, but as a meme? Eh, whatever.

LarsQMorient

Neo Member

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Her calling this out drew me to finding out who it was based on lol, I had NO idea, thought the Family Guy bit was a random scene at the time, it did crack me up of course when I first saw it lol. Thought it was random AF.

LarsQMorient

Neo Member
Her calling this out drew me to finding out who it was based on lol, I had NO idea, thought the Family Guy bit was a random scene at the time, it did crack me up of course when I first saw it lol. Thought it was random AF.
It is a random scene. It has nothing to do with her.

Top Bottom