• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Outlier

I still haven't caught (that I know of)it and don't personally know anyone who's caught it. Only heard of other whom I don't know, catching it.

Only hear about it in news and dystopian Chinese stories, now.

Thaedolus

I’m getting on a 7 day cruise with no mask or vax requirements next week, what’s the likely hood I get my third round of COVID (that I know of…)?

😬

QSD

Haven't been in this thread a while so here's a random update

We've got some Covid cases at my job again (I work in an assisted living home, for any newcomers) both residents and staff, so it seems there's a little bit of a 'wave' on an the moment. But everyone is pretty much vaxxed to the eyeballs so nobody's getting very sick, it's more of a minor annoyance now (x has got covid, so we're gonna have to fix the schedule). Nobody 'died suddenly' from the boosters, and this is in a population of clients that have poor health generally (psychiatric patients) and consequently also not very great immune systems. So take from that what you will.

Hope everyone's healthy

Still haven't caught it although I don't really go out that much anymore other than to eat out or see very few friends/family or go to work. Everytime I felt a tiny bit sick I tested myself for a few consecutive days. I'm sure I'll get it eventually and suffer. Jabbed 4 times plus a flu shot.

Last edited:

Oh God Reaction GIF

Jennings

Have been sick for days and tests were coming back negative until this morning. My wife and I have now both tested COVID positive, and it's been hitting me harder than her and with different symptoms. So far this sucks.

Last edited:

Jennings

Got COVID in January. Had splitting headaches over last two weeks, which started up at tail end of COVID. They thought I got a sinus infection from COVID and treated me for that, but treatment failed and they sent me to ER for CT scan. Looks like I have a major blood clot in my brain, so have been in hospital last few days. They're blaming COVID for this thing.

Got COVID in January. Had splitting headaches over last two weeks, which started up at tail end of COVID. They thought I got a sinus infection from COVID and treated me for that, but treatment failed and they sent me to ER for CT scan. Looks like I have a major blood clot in my brain, so have been in hospital last few days. They're blaming COVID for this thing.
If you get through that with just a headache you're damn lucky. Best of luck man, that's about as close as it gets to life altering catastrophe.

Jsisto

How scary…I’m glad they were able to find it when they did, thats no joke. Wishing you the best, man. Keep us posted.

Last edited:

dave_d

Hope it hasn't gone into a full blown stroke. From seeing family members go through strokes over the years strokes suck.

Jennings

I haven't reaf this page in detail, but they called it this: Transverse cerebral venous thrombosis. And apparently the clot has filled the whole vein, all the round the head, and some vein cluster.

Sleep, headed to sleep, thanks for well wished

Last edited:

Bragr

Finally getting some big heads saying its a lab leak. Imagine if people get on board with this, imagine if it becomes fact that China lied about it and covered it up.

Jsisto

It’s nice that they are finally saying this out loud, but I’m 100 percent certain we’re only hearing them talk about it now because tensions with China are high right now. Doesn’t exactly instill much faith in our institutions when theyll only to speak the truth when it’s convenient.

Last edited:

Hayabusa83

I am lucky I took an interest in studying history growing up and avoided all the Covid Drama. It just boggled the mind that anybody anywhere in the world could blindly trust a group of pharmaceutical giants with a laundry list of ethics violations and dubious origins. In my humble opinion, what we are seeing today is an amalgamation of Operation Mocking Bird and residual Cold War propaganda tactics that have proliferated into government institutions.

Many Liberals unwittingly supported the destruction of trust in many public institutions by siding with these pharmaceutical and tech giants during the pandemic. Google monopolized the online classroom. Pfizer, AstraZeneca, and Moderna became our public health institutions.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I am lucky I took an interest in studying history growing up and avoided all the Covid Drama. It just boggled the mind that anybody anywhere in the world could blindly trust a group of pharmaceutical giants with a laundry list of ethics violations and dubious origins. In my humble opinion, what we are seeing today is an amalgamation of Operation Mocking Bird and residual Cold War propaganda tactics that have proliferated into government institutions.

Many Liberals unwittingly supported the destruction of trust in many public institutions by siding with these pharmaceutical and tech giants during the pandemic. Google monopolized the online classroom. Pfizer, AstraZeneca, and Moderna became our public health institutions.
Literally nobody is "blindly trusting" pharmaceuticals... You could maybe say people are blindly trusting the system perhaps

Top Bottom