• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Donos

TNT is really dead. Shitcoin indeed. Glad i bailed early. 20 million $ ICO and than a lottery staking system + almost no support let that thing die quickly.
CSNO (BitDice) ICO actually gained me a bit of profit and is still rather steady. Sold it nontheless and rerouted the profits into other coins.
Don't going to touch any ICO anymore. If you aren't some early phase participant with 20-50% bonus, it's not worth it as most of them get instantly dumped and don't reach a good price for a long time.

Only ICO i remotely thought about putting a few $ in is DMarket but i'm going to stop. Not worth the hassle.

I'm out. All 798,000 XBY tokens sold.

Don’t blame you it’s an absolute shit show at the minute, I silently moved out of my position at 500 sat. I really hope they can turn this around but all the FUD going on is highlighting the terrible miss-management of the project and until those at the top take that on board and actually do something about it then it is never going to go anywhere.

When you talk to the now ex-board members it is never the tech that is in question, the only thing they take issue with is the leadership.

I have picked up some during the firesale this weekend
in the 300sat range as it will defs bounce back to 400 or so at least but until I see some changes and direction I don’t feel comfortable going in heavy on it.

XBL is still doing great though so not all doom and gloom on my Blockfolio.

gaming_noob

Thinking about diVERTing those funds elsewhere?

I pumped into ARK at around 12:30am EST this morning. The new wallet, the ease of use, the presentation of the website and technical whitepaper. It's like night and day compared to XBY. I don't have to worry about backing up this XBY alpha build of a wallet. Best of all, no ducking drama from the team!

Plus the Ark wallet for mobile will be out soon so that's good news.

Care to give us your rationale?
At any rate I think you might want to get maybe at least 100K juuuust in case it ever hits $1+ within a couple years or so.

I might buy some next year. The team consists of mainly Borzalom..doesn't matter how much of a genius he is, no one can do it alone. I'm not sure Xfuel is the solution to attract new devs. They don't seem to be actively recruiting even though they need help.. shortage in great crypto devs and they aren't even advertising for help - are they expecting a white knight to appear? Xfuel might be a solution in a few years when (or if?) XBY reaches a dollar but right now it's a currency created out of thin air and can't really get you anything.

The cost of the static nodes will go up significantly when XBY goes up. Say, a static 1 node owner cashes out when XBY is a dollar, and breaks a node, as a new investor who really has $500,000 to spend to buy enough XBY for a node? Much less if XBY becomes $10 ... $5Million for a node?! And the platforms NEEDS these for security and PoSign.

Don’t blame you it’s an absolute shit show at the minute, I silently moved out of my position at 500 sat. I really hope they can turn this around but all the FUD going on is highlighting the terrible miss-management of the project and until those at the top take that on board and actually do something about it then it is never going to go anywhere.

When you talk to the now ex-board members it is never the tech that is in question, the only thing they take issue with is the leadership.

I have picked up some during the firesale this weekend
in the 300sat range as it will defs bounce back to 400 or so at least but until I see some changes and direction I don’t feel comfortable going in heavy on it.

XBL is still doing great though so not all doom and gloom on my Blockfolio.

Right?! CCRevolution is not someone who should be co-leading this project and I have my doubts about Borzalom's decision making. I don't know if he understands that helming CCR is actually hurting his project. The ex members (Jhar, Sam, Ccn, eggsandspam, etc) were all very technical and passionate members. Now they're left with yes-men in Biker, and whoever else whom can't fully describe how XBY tech works! But if you criticize we're FUDDING.

The ex board members will be releasing their own ICO soon. I don't want to share info about it since it's not official. Speak with Jhar if you're interested in the details.

gaming_noob

I'm not bragging but I just received 11 ARK from Jarunik after depositing back to ARK wallet. I have about 5600 ARK. When I had 2400 ARK he was only giving me 0.5 ARK per day. Is this a mistake?

galperi1

I'm not bragging but I just received 11 ARK from Jarunik after depositing back to ARK wallet. I have about 5600 ARK. When I had 2400 ARK he was only giving me 0.5 ARK per day. Is this a mistake?

You would have to check his proposal....pretty sure he upped his share rate and is paying less often due to the sheer amount of voters he has. So probably is 7 days worth of forging rewards

galperi1

On the topic of ark delegates: what is the one that pays you the most? I'm thinking of going with dutchdelegate. Anyone knows if they're legit?

According to the calculator in slack looks like dr10 is the highest ATM. Dutch is legit as well. I won't bother trying to convince you to vote for my delegate since I'm currently #3 so my pay rate is lower due to the amount of voters I have.

According to the calculator in slack looks like dr10 is the highest ATM. Dutch is legit as well. I won't bother trying to convince you to vote for my delegate since I'm currently #3 so my pay rate is lower due to the amount of voters I have.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't know there were Gaffers who ran delegates. Congrats! Hope everything goes well with the project.

gaming_noob

ARK is crazy good. The new website is fantastic, the wallet is the best and simplest one I've ever used, the information provided is professional, and the road map is constantly updated. They have a friggin mobile app for iOS and Android coming in November (92% completed so date is a guess). We earn ARK without doing anything.

When I jumped ship to XBY I wasn't thinking straight, I was dreaming of becoming a millionaire as quick as I can. But it was clear from the get go this was going to be a pipe dream due to how the project is managed. Until CCRevolution steps down I'm not going back.

Donos

You are Nr. 3 Delegate? (Goose?) Would maybe switch over from Jarunik to support a Gaffer.

11 ark for 1 day? Must be a mistake.

No Jarunik is paying every 6 days atm, till the fees drop. I get around 3.3 ARK with every 6 day payout (have ~1.300 ARK)

Still rather quiet on he china (regulation) news front besides this news:
On Oct. 28 ZB.com, which is a new cryptocurrency trading platform, announced that all trading functionality will be available from Nov. 1. Users can sign up for accounts and deposit now.
The platform claims that people all over the world, including those in mainland China, can exchange and trade on the platform. The languages of the website are Chinese and English. However, it's too soon to state that the regulation toward Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is invalid. Maybe the platform will be closed by the government soon. Nevertheless, there are also people saying that the Chinese government is behind the platform.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/chinese-might-be-able-to-trade-bitcoin-again-soon

Brohan

I actually have a cool delegate idea but there are a few things i need to figure out.

If goose and/or Pieface could give me some advice or help out then that would be pretty sweet.

Atuin

So I transferred some money to Coinbase and bought some (tiny fraction of) Bitcoin with it. Now I have trouble buying ARK. Gdax requires another ID card and I only have a driver's license, Bittrex doesn't recognize my driver's license and Kraken doesn't use ARK. What should I do?

galperi1

You are Nr. 3 Delegate? (Goose?) Would maybe switch over from Jarunik to support a Gaffer

Yes I run goose currently :) jarunik is great but I won't say no to new voters :)

Brohan - shoot me a pm or look me up in the the ark slack. Would be more than happy to help

I need to time my investments right, want to get back into ARK right before/after the HF.

What's everyone's plan for the HF, anyways? Pump into BTC and then get back into Alts the day or two after?

Brohan

I love Ark but man has it been bearish for a while now.

It has been bearish for too long but looking at the zoomed out ARK chart it looks like this pattern has happened 2 or 3 times before so hopefully it will be very bullish soon. Maybe after the fork is over.

Speaking about the upcoming fork.. Does Bittrex give you b2x for having BTC on their exchange?

I need to time my investments right, want to get back into ARK right before/after the HF.

What's everyone's plan for the HF, anyways? Pump into BTC and then get back into Alts the day or two after?

I'm into ARK, IOC and LINK. One would assume staying in alts is bad but the past weekend was very good for me.

I sold all my ARK and rode the pump on VTC, FTC, GRS and successfully exited at the top on all of them. Bought back into ARK and the profits gave me an additional 1k ARK.

I'm just staying put for now unless I know of another good pump, at which point I would do the same. I'm playing the long game with my portfolio.

Brohan

I'm into ARK, IOC and LINK. One would assume staying in alts is bad but the past weekend was very good for me.

I sold all my ARK and rode the pump on VTC, FTC, GRS and successfully exited at the top on all of them. Bought back into ARK and the profits gave me an additional 1k ARK.

I'm just staying put for now unless I know of another good pump, at which point I would do the same. I'm playing the long game with my portfolio.

You seem like you have been very succesful with your trades. Could probably learn alot from you.

I have not been feeling confident enough to make any trades at all lately to be honest. I just keep on hodling.

You seem like you have been very succesful with your trades. Could probably learn alot from you.

I have not been feeling confident enough to make any trades at all lately to be honest. I just keep on hodling.

Thanks man. I could be saying it's luck but the thing that helped me the most is knowing when to take profits or not being too greedy. I have the following example: I could have sold NEO at the top but was expecting for it to grow more and "only" sold it at 35$ which still was an amazing return.

Now, I'm more than happy jumping in and out for a 10% or 20% profit. More than than that and I start to get anxious because most of the times it retraces.

I also made some bad choices recently and now I'm waiting to break even. Nothing too serious but you can't win it all. At heart, I'm a holder too. I just have been lucky in finding a few coins that pump and reinvest the profits in my original portfolio.

Brohan

Thanks man. I could be saying it's luck but the thing that helped me the most is knowing when to take profits or not being too greedy. I have the following example: I could have sold NEO at the top but was expecting for it to grow more and "only" sold it at 35$ which still was an amazing return.

Now, I'm more than happy jumping in and out for a 10% or 20% profit. More than than that and I start to get anxious because most of the times it retraces.

I also made some bad choices recently and now I'm waiting to break even. Nothing too serious but you can't win it all. At heart, I'm a holder too. I just have been lucky in finding a few coins that pump and reinvest the profits in my original portfolio.

I think that is solid advice.

I have been debating whether or not to sell my IOTA at a big loss and then to try and gain back what i lost by doing some trades. Guess i should at least wait until the fork is over though.

Edit: @goose, i have sent a pm but it doesn't show in my outbox. Lemme know if you have received it :). thx

Donos

Well, people like walking fiend warned that day trading will even out over the time (except you luck out with a big miracle gain). I would not have the time to day trade and react in time. Was that case when i jumped on a predicted DNT pump only to have a long appointment and missed the jump off point at +100 %. No sell order. Still managed to bail with +25%.DNT then crashed horribly and never ever came close to that ATH.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Finally jumped into Substratum. DataDash's been providing a lot of good info about it and their current coinmarketcap info checks out (low MC, high V, 300 million coins but they're going through a burn in early 2018 to reduce it thus increasing value per coin).

Plus I just like the idea of decentralized web hosting.

Finally jumped into Substratum. DataDash's been providing a lot of good info about it and their current coinmarketcap info checks out (low MC, high V, 300 million coins but they're going through a burn in early 2018 to reduce it thus increasing value per coin).

Plus I just like the idea of decentralized web hosting.

I was just thinking the same as I recently found an exchange where I could purchase their tokens from. Seems like a pretty cool idea that could gain a lot of awareness and usage internationally.

Donos

Haven't heard of SUB before but it actually doesn't sound bad. Still early on the roadmaap though. Rather cheap atm too but my funds and coins are all tied. Maybe I'm going to grab some in December.

ATS / Authorship news. Sounds promising.

Hello,

We would like to announce that the Authorship Token is available for trading on HitBTC, one of the worlds largest crypto trading platforms.

Both the ATS/BTC and ATS/ETH pairs are available.

We also want to clarify a few things regarding the recent low price the ATS token is being traded at as we received numerous inquiries about what can be done about it and why the Authorship team isn't doing anything about it.

One of the main reasons for the price drop is that most bounty participants sold and still sell their tokens for the lowest price they can receive, being impatient to convert the tokens to ETH or BTC even if they receive 10 times lower than the recommended trading price. Unfortunately, this is an aspect the Authorship team cannot control, many do not care what they receive, and until all those cheap tokens aren't being bought by serious long term hold investors, the price will bounce between this low prices.

If you are an investor, you should see this low price as an opportunity to acquire more tokens for a much better price than the ICO cost was. Our project is only months away from being launched and while we aren't allowed to speculate the future value of the ATS token, we are confident most of the investors are aware of the impact the project launch has over a token's price. This is also an opportunity for investors to reach a profit sooner by purchasing cheap tokens. By the time the price goes over the recommended minimum trading price, you'd be in a healthy profit. This is an opportunity we warmly recommend investors not to miss.

We also want to let everyone know that our team is working hard on building the project we raised funds for and we expect a beta version to be ready in the coming months. One of the most requested features authors asked about was the "one click import" of their Amazon published books. We are happy to announce we have implemented that feature so that authors can automatically import all of their published books into the Authorship platform with just one click.

We'll publish updates on our blog from time to time to keep everyone updated about the status of the project. Also, it is expected we'll get listed on another important exchange in November (more news to come).

Sincerely,

Authorship.com Team

Seriously thought about buying some when it just crashed again just to make a few $$$ when it bounces back.

hi GAF. Long time member and just recently dawned on me to search for Crypto thread here in GAF. Glad I found this ... Will keep an eye on proceedings, best of luck in your investments

Any XAS holders?

tkscz

Just wondering if it's worth mining for the smaller Cryptocurrencies. Been researching it and my electric bill wouldn't be that bad if I mined for something like Monero, but I'm honestly not sure if it's even worth the time, even if it doesn't effect my electricity that much.

Donos

hi GAF. Long time member and just recently dawned on me to search for Crypto thread here in GAF. Glad I found this ... Will keep an eye on proceedings, best of luck in your investments

Any XAS holders?

Welcome. Only remember XAS because it had a huge spike in july or jun. It's not really on popular exchanges so that limits its reach.

KrisB

Just wondering if it's worth mining for the smaller Cryptocurrencies. Been researching it and my electric bill wouldn't be that bad if I mined for something like Monero, but I'm honestly not sure if it's even worth the time, even if it doesn't effect my electricity that much.

Still worth it if your electricity costs are relatively good in your location.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Made such a stupid move with GRS, sold at a loss on the 29th pre-boost thinking BTC was going to start sucking everything into it's black hole pre-fork.. Would of have over 5k pure profit and if kept holding who knows how much more..

Jesus man.. Learning the hard way.

-edit-

Annnnnd GRS just broke $1.00 JFC lol..

Made such a stupid move with GRS, sold at a loss on the 29th pre-boost thinking BTC was going to start sucking everything into it's black hole pre-fork.. Would of have over 5k pure profit and if kept holding who knows how much more..

Jesus man.. Learning the hard way.

-edit-

Annnnnd GRS just broke $1.00 JFC lol..

Wow, I totally missed out on the bull run on this coin. Was so close to getting a few tokens.

Top Bottom