• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 4 | Reveal Trailer

KyoZz

Oh shit it's happening

image.png

"A New Budokai Tenkaichi Begins"
Still in early stage, more information soon!

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nice nostalgia trailer. Never cared for this series, or most anime fighting games as they seemed like dime a dozen, but that's cool.

Maybe Cyberconnect 2? Since it's Bandai Namco.
All DBZ games are published by Bandai Namco though, and it's not like they own Cyberconnect 2. Dimps has also made recent DBZ games like Xenoverse and uh The Breakers. I'd definitely trust Cyberconnect 2 more to make a good game... or at least better than Dimps e: it still cracks me up that at some point CC2 was developing FF7 Remake lol

Now for the plot twist where it turns out Arc System Works is making it or something insane like that

Last edited:

Spaceman292

I remember having lots of fun with this like 16 years ago. But i don't actually remember if the games where any good. Fighters Z is already fantastic.

//DEVIL//

Ok this is Confusing.

Budokai is usually the game where its like 2D fighting game. Tenkaichi is the one behind the player / third person view kinda fighting.

if this is the latter, I am out. I never liked it.

Honestly, nothing IMO will ever come close to FigherZ. I wish if they release a limited edition GOTY edition physical copy for collection purposes.

I do not collect collector/limited edition. but I would for this one.

kiphalfton

The thing is it's going to HARD for them to top the previous Budokai Tenkaichi games because there's so many mods and characters that have been added to the previous one.

Good luck though.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Please god bring back all the characters from 3. I want General Blue vs Ultra Instinct. Throw in Granolah and Moro arc characters too

Doom85

bored christopher walken GIF

I mean, good for those who still like these games, but for me in a post-FighterZ world which was easily the best DB fighting game to me, I have no reason to go back to this.

Last edited:

pepodmc_

Neo Member
I need this game to have tenkaichi 3 gameplay as base and the same speed as 3.

If they do shit like ranging blast 2 which is a super slow version of tenkaichi 3 with downgraded gameplay they can keep it.

Last edited:

sachos

Wait WTF its real! I saw the thumbnail browsing YT but since the channel was not official i ignored it as clickbait. Why isnt it uploaded to an official channel though??

Fbh

"We need a hook for our next generic DBZ arena fighter"
"Sir, from what I hear nostalgia seems to be all the rage these days"
"Say no more".

Hopefully it's good though

Fake

Tenkaichi 2 was my jam, I don’t remember if 3 was any good but 2 had a steep learning curve that allowed for amazing battles.
miguel-herrera-saiyan.gif

Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is insane. Is a hell of game. If they make this sequel more like Tenkaichi 2 will be fucking good.

"We need a hook for our next generic DBZ arena fighter"
"Sir, from what I hear nostalgia seems to be all the rage these days"
"Say no more".

Hopefully it's good though
yeah lol 100% my assumption, it's not like the original development company still exists

And I agree with the people saying FighterZ is a better game than any of these but like... there's something to be said for a game that just lets you play out DB stuff. Kakarot was very basic in terms of the gameplay but I won't pretend it wasn't fun to play through a recreation of all of DBZ. This game will have to go beyond that though, we're all tired of the same old scenarios... I'd love a game that has scenarios from DB, DBZ, DBGT and maybe even Super (or at least Battle of the Gods, that movie was based).

hussar16

I was hoping for something with more intresting art style like Pixar maybe but this for sure Wil be on ps4 so I can see why they went with anime graphics

hussar16

Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is insane. Is a hell of game. If they make this sequel more like Tenkaichi 2 will be fucking good.
Tenkaichi 2 was perfect. Tenkaichi 3 kind of messed up the gameplay making everything fast where everyone played the same

Top Bottom