• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Konami Conference (Unstoppable) - Tak Fujii's Hot New Track Drops Post #10589

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Lijik said:
Was listening to a song earlier and thought to myself "This song is all about the Konami conference", so I took footage from the conf and overlayed the song
Had to make a few visual stretches and shift things around to make it work but here it is
Having a minute and a half of nothing is probably a bad idea. Cut the "can we roll the trailer please" and "were not on it" moments together then go into the song.

edit: Holy shit something actually good! Lost in Shadow looks very creative.

Lijik

superbank said:
Having a minute and a half of nothing is probably a bad idea. Cut the "can we roll the trailer please" and "were not on it" moments together then go into the song.
It certainly wouldn't be my worst youtube idea.

I'll recut and reupload it sometime tomorrow, I'm just going to chill out to the bombcast and fall asleep right now.

Finally watched this! Amazing! I kind of envy the guy who's head fell off. Seems he was aware of how outrageous the whole thing was and was just having a great time, enjoying life.

Edit: Laughing my ass off at some of these clips. What's the name of that American who was doing the DDR and who's head came off? He plays the sidekick role to a T!

Tak is my new hero!

pirata

So, I watched the entire conference and am making my way through this thread.

Holy fucking shit.

This needs to be mandatory viewing for all Gaffers. I REALLY want to watch this while stoned out of my mind, just so I can see things from Tak's perspective.

Combine

Banned
I wonder if Ninety Nine Nights 2 will sell more because of this?

People will be wanting to look for the 1 mirrion twoops and the Extreeeeeeeme action. Not to mention the XXX YYY XXX YYY code to be sucked. :lol

superbank

Fourth Storm said:
Finally watched this! Amazing! I kind of envy the guy who's head fell off. Seems he was aware of how outrageous the whole thing was and was just having a great time, enjoying life.

He said he works for PR so... he might not be enjoying life in the near future. :(

superbank said:
He said he works for PR so... he might not be enjoying life in the near future. :(

Aside from that rapper dropping expletives left and right and possibly "you will be sucked," was it really so bad for PR? It just seemed really goofy, but they did showcase their lineup and a good portion of it looked decent.

Well, maybe the loli girls, too. God, who ok'd that?

Replicant said:
Is it just me or the display games constantly says "Perfect" regardless whether or not someone is playing the game or not? :lol

It's not just you. It was great when the guy just turned to the audience and the game kept playing itself. :lol

theultimo

Replicant said:
Is it just me or the display games constantly says "Perfect" regardless whether or not someone is playing the game or not? :lol
The key is he isn't playing it. He is dancing to demo footage, and he don't care.

Parham

Banned
Replicant said:

They are dancing to the gameplay footage. They aren't even playing a demo. :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Naoki even admits that they're gonna dance to pre-recorded footage before dancing, and that it's gonna be embarassing to dance to it but he doesn't give a fuck...making the whole thing even more awesome and hilarious

superbank

Fourth Storm said:
Aside from that rapper dropping expletives left and right and possibly "you will be sucked," was it really so bad for PR? It just seemed really goofy, but they did showcase their lineup and a good portion of it looked decent.

Well, maybe the loli girls, too. God, who ok'd that?
I don't know, I'd be firing people left and right after this embarrassing conference. Thomas doesn't deserve it though you're right. He didn't direct it, just participated in it.

theultimo

superbank said:
I don't know, I'd be firing people left and right after this embarrassing conference. Thomas doesn't deserve it though, you're right.
Embarrassing, maybe. but I now know the minor titles they are putting out, and I am definitely getting a few because of this conference (SAVE IGA). I can guess a lot of other people are as well.

The only guy who might be canned I think would be the bandwidth administrator. I'm guessing a 500MB file looped for 24 hours to thousands might cost a little bit.

Magnus said:
4vkehu.gif
I don't even care for N3II but for some reason I feel like supporting this guy's endeavors.

theultimo

BobTheFork said:
D: One hundred us pages and I haven't even looked at this thread yet. I'll watch the conference when I get it downloaded and see.
Believe me, you are in for a treat.

DOWNLOAD MIRRORS

Konami:
----------
Link to Original Konami Stream. It goes off-sync at times, but contains no editing.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M3B4SJFD

Konami Edited Version. This version is missing 6 mins total, mostly sound crazyness and missing the whole first "trailer"
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ROLHZDA0

G4. This is the "New Testament" of the conference. Shot like a bootleg movie, this shows an alternate take on the events witnessed. There is no editing.:
---------

FLV:
http://files.g4tv.com/videoDB/046/347/video46347/e32010_press_konami_flv.flv

mp4:
http://files.g4tv.com/videoDB/046/347/video46347/e32010_press_konami_iphone.mp4

benjipwns

Banned
theultimo said:
Embarrassing, maybe. but I now know the minor titles they are putting out, and I am definitely getting a few because of this conference (SAVE IGA). I can guess a lot of other people are as well.
Really, this is the key. Relatively nobody cared about Konami's conference probably outside of Rising, they knew it and so just sent people out to ramble and show a trailer. The only thing they really spent anything on was the Glee performance. A ton of journalists skipped it, it was going to be an afterthought.

And then it happened.

And now in the GAF-like circles it has gone "viral" (to use an understandable word) and more people are probably seeing it or parts of it than they would have had it worked. (I am of course pretending this is not how it was supposed to go down, but those of us who went through the loop know it was all planned and that there were clues.)

The thing is becoming a legend and people are planning on watching Konami's conference next year just because of it. Kinda what happened to Ubisoft's last year.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

so that was a nice almost 10 hours of sleep :)

I see we went over 10.000 GREAT NEWS :)

After brackfast and some real life stuff I'll go back and work on the montage thanks everyone still for the support for this amazing event and thread !! :lol

OMG I just stood on my scale in the bathroom and I lost weight because of Konami
I laughed so much and spend so much time in front of the pc and I freaking LOST WEIGHT.

hahahahhaha I love u konami hahahhahaah amazing :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

robor

Discotheque said:
:lol so many interpretations of this quote.

I heard:

"Korami is talking dancing to a froo new revel"

That was the worst (or best) part of the conference. Holy shit who was that guy anyway? He looked like Mick Jager crossed with The Elephant Man.

I'm sure plenty have said it but the KojiPro segment was the most professional out of the lot......as always I guess.

robor said:
He looked like Mick Jager crossed with The Elephant Man.

HAHAHAAAAA. That's so mean, yet so funny at the same time.

I like the guy though, he was definitely one of the reasons why this conference was so entertaining. I really hope Konami doesn't get the clue that their conference was ridiculous and make it more professional next year. That would suck big time.

jakershaker said:
When does it go out of sync for you? I have it and have skimmed it without no out of sync audio.
I'm trying to fix it its a little out of sync just watch when the first real guy starts talking about this company and watch the month and what he says its not perfect in sync.
Just a few seconds out of sync.

[edit]
rendering now so hopefully I have it up soon for you all to see

THE ORGINIAL IN SYNC "AMAZINGNIS" THAT IS KONAMI E3 2010

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
robor said:
That was the worst (or best) part of the conference. Holy shit who was that guy anyway? He looked like Mick Jager crossed with The Elephant Man.
He wrote more music for DDR than anyone else. He was the only guy in this conference that I knew by name beforehand besides Iga.

Had no idea he was like that. :lol

Varion

robor said:
I'm sure plenty have said it but the KojiPro segment was the most professional out of the lot......as always I guess.
Most professional but definitely most boring.Stood out like a sore thumb.

The Dutch Slayer said:
I'm trying to fix it its a little out of sync just watch when the first real guy starts talking about this company and watch the month and what he says its not perfect in sync.
Just a few seconds out of sync.

[edit]
rendering now so hopefully I have it up soon for you all to see

THE ORGINIAL IN SYNC "AMAZINGNIS" THAT IS KONAMI E3 2010

Ah ok. It doesn't seem to be out of sync in VLC but perhaps other mediaplayers are affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom