• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Elder Legend

Yoir Aee Member
X81D3fa.jpg

VFXVeteran

Banned
I started working on this OT on June 10th - Right after seeing and being incredibly overwhelmed with hype by the Elden ring gameplay trailer at the Summer Game Fest...and I just finished it right beforevI wrote this -- at 5:20 AM on Wednesday, February 23rd 2022.

That's a solid 8 months of effort and hard work to put this thing together.

Creating gifs isn't the easiest thing & having filesize limitations governing where you can host them is even tougher; especially when you're shooting for at least an HD quality to every gif. FromSoftware is one of the greatest game developers ever and I felt that they deserved the hard work and effort I put into this OT, due to the likewise manner in which they produce their products.

I'm always inspired by other OT creators everywhere. Here, there's Komatsu & cormack12, there's Zeta Dragoon, regawdless, Kadayi, HariSeldon & Mista on D-Pad & there's ifirez and vestan on Era. Everyone has their own unique style and take on things and it's always such an incredible pleasure to view the hard work of others and see their hype pour out through their art.

I truly & sincerely hope that you enjoyed this OT. I apologize for the load time, but it was necessary for the quality of the images🤘🏻💯

All my love & respect,

AM-JKLUBAjBvFGl3LT1yWFh2yowl1_i995Y17qZ-icRNkAOFdhylx8b-HHm4cZ9wefZgzUHnMTCUf8GAtO3XBIsbMTwEE-j_QZgY3pu-60LmlXxBvpAcr1olPWTK1kbHXYank0Y2qnjPcXiXNyYh8ZdSmWJ7=w1082-h226-no
Black Chamber Black Chamber

Dude, I have never in all the years I've been on these boards seen such a thorough and bad-ass OT intro before. Excellent work for surely going to be a legendary game for years to come!
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Black Chamber Black Chamber

Dude, I have never in all the years I've been on these boards seen such a thorough and bad-ass OT intro before. Excellent work for surely going to be a legendary game for years to come!
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony
Thank you so very much! That really means a tremendous amount to me💯
Very nice. What/where are you using to host the GIFs?
Google Photos.
Fixed it for you unless you hate it. Then let's blame Mod of War Mod of War :p
This will sound odd, but as I don't have a PC near me at the moment; could you please send me a screenshot of what it looks like on desktop?

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Holy shit

I had nothing on mobile, so i was like alright, Black chamber is working on it…

Then I looked on desktop… Firefox capped at 3.8GB 😳

Wtf Black Chamber Black Chamber ? I’ve never seen something so beautiful, but even with a PC with 32GB and an internet with 1.5GB/s, I just can’t seem to load the whole thing 🤣

Holy shit

I had nothing on mobile, so i was like alright, Black chamber is working on it…

Then I looked on desktop… Firefox capped at 3.8GB 😳

Wtf Black Chamber Black Chamber ? I’ve never seen something so beautiful, but even with a PC with 32GB and an internet with 1.5GB/s, I just can’t seem to load the whole thing 🤣
Keep at it - it's worth it. It takes more time to load certain sections than others.

Make sure to play the YouTube playlist as you start in - it really adds to the experience💯

Last edited:

1440p ultra should be no problem. Only have to wonder if the frame hitching will be that annoying.

it SHOULD be no problem... but we know From Software. While I had a really good time with Sekiro on PC, which ran at a perfect 1440p60 on max settings on my old PC, I have less trust in this one due to its open nature being more demanding on their asset streaming system and more sensitive to bad culling

noise36

XSX , PS5 of PC RTX 3080? Where to play this???

I assume performance best on PC, but consoles has couch and HDR, if HDR is a good implementation I suppose.

Last edited:

WoodyStare

Looking forward to landing in New Zealand in 10 hours and enjoying a cup of coffee while I start playing this masterpiece.

Do we have any info on performance after the day one patch that hit today? Or are we all waiting until launch to see that

given the comments on Twitter by John Linneman we can assume the Xbox Series X version is still trash, I bet if that hasn't improved much neither has the PS5 version, which was a bit better tho (if you don't have a VRR screen)

so Xbox Series X will be like 45fps to 50fps in demanding fights. PS5 will hang around 50fps in fights and last gen is all over the place with unlocked framerates everywhere that range from 30fps to 45fps

Buggy Loop

Keep at it - it's worth it. It takes more time to load certain sections than others.

Make sure to play the YouTube playlist as you start in - it really adds to the experience💯

But it seems like it kept wiping out previously loaded content. Am I the only one? Firefox fucking with me?

R6Rider

Have there been any reviewers that mention anything about this game having a ridiculous amount of bosses?
Only thing I heard (avoiding reviews) is that there are some reused bosses throughout the world. Not sure how many or if they are major or minor.

ZehDon

Ladies and gentlemen, the fucking God-tier OT.

On the game itself, reviews have caught my interest. My last Soulsbourne was Bloodborne, which I didn't finish because I hit a dead-end on a boss I couldn't clear. A lot of the reviewers have said this one is more accessible, because if you're stuck on one boss you can simply leave it and go somewhere else, getting you more levels and gear to come back with. I'll wait for the player hands on, but its looking mighty tempting!

Top Bottom