• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

WoodyStare

Epic OT Black Chamber Black Chamber

1940747_arferguson_pixel-art-elden-ring-title-screen.gif

source
Wow this was beautifully done.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Holy cow! Black Chamber Black Chamber ! I've seen OT's before but this is WELL DONE! Thank you. Epic introduction thread for what looks to be an epic game. Looks like you put a lot of time and effort into this and it's great. Also, haven't seen many remarks on the soundtrack though you've mentioned it a few times- just want to say great job on the soundtrack too! Definitely good music to set the mood! Just overall, very well done. Thank you!

given the comments on Twitter by John Linneman we can assume the Xbox Series X version is still trash, I bet if that hasn't improved much neither has the PS5 version, which was a bit better tho (if you don't have a VRR screen)

so Xbox Series X will be like 45fps to 50fps in demanding fights. PS5 will hang around 50fps in fights and last gen is all over the place with unlocked framerates everywhere that range from 30fps to 45fps
But was that after the patch? I've seen comments about the XboxSX and PS5 version having issues with framerates pre-patch and I saw a few reviewers say they were playing a version before the patch. Im gonna be on my PC(3090) and PS5 double dipping anyhow...but I was hoping we could get some insight into if it fixes the stutter found in PC Versions, or the sporadic frame issues for next gen consoles. I was even considering triple dipping and getting it on Series X since a few family members will be on it, on there...but not for a performance mode that some have said will drop into the high 30s at times lol. I try not to be a frame snob but cmon man

Either way im hyped and I got the weekend off

The patch hit this morning and its vague but it says:
Changelogs

Elden Ring Update 1.02 Patch Notes (1.002) – Day One Patch​

Elden Ring Update 1.02 Patch Notes (1.002) - Day One Patch
Advertisement

A new Elden Ring update 1.02 (1.002) is now available to download on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox. According to the official Elden Ring patch notes, the latest Elden Ring Day 1 patch added various bug fixes and gameplay changes. Apart from this, the Elden Ring patch 1.02 also includes stability improvements.
Elden Ring day one patch is now available to download on consoles and PC. Elden Ring will be available on February 24 for everyone. Check out more details below.
Related: Check Elden Ring PC System Requirements.
Advertisement

What is fixed in Elden Ring Patch 1.02 (1.002.000) – Day 1 Patch?​

• Addressed various text errors in the game.
  • Added stability and performance improvements.
  • Addressed various game crashing bugs.
  • Added fixes for audio issues.
  • Other minor fixes.
In addition to the above, various other errors have been corrected.

Holy cow! Black Chamber Black Chamber ! I've seen OT's before but this is WELL DONE! Thank you. Epic introduction thread for what looks to be an epic game. Looks like you put a lot of time and effort into this and it's great. Also, haven't seen many remarks on the soundtrack though you've mentioned it a few times- just want to say great job on the soundtrack too! Definitely good music to set the mood! Just overall, very well done. Thank you!
I'm very pleased that you enjoyed my OT so much!!

8 months, 13 days, 371,520 minutes & 22,291,200 seconds.

Working on it every day [in some capacity] since June 10th, that's how long this OT took me to complete👍🏻

ssringo

I've managed a 99% media blackout for the game. Basically the announcement, maybe one early trailer (that I can barely remember at this point) and the very high review scores of the past day. I look forward to finally getting my hands on the game and eventually reading and discussing it.

Praise the sun!

Ha! I just got this message when checking back in.
5OTI5A6.jpg

You famous now!
Sunglasses Influencer GIF by Your Happy Workplace
LOL!

EviLore EviLore is so incredibly kind to do that for my OT. I hope everyone really enjoys it...when it finally loads😅
My iPad can’t load the first page. I’ll have to take peoples word for it on its awesomeness,
Try it on a different device - preferably on a strong, fast WiFi connection👍🏻

You'll still need to give it about a minute per panel for everything to load in - unless your Internet is ridiculously fast
Yeah been sitting on the first page for 10 mins now and still can't see shit but I can imagine the OP put some serious work into this thread.
God bless you Black Chamber Black Chamber mate. We need more people like you to bring the magic back to OT's.

OT so good it killed my phone hahaha

Nice job, OP!

I can't wait to dive into this! Thank you, OP!
🙏🏻Thank you so much!🙏🏻

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
The banner brought me in here and at first I thought it was some kind of joke because nothing had loaded. Once my mobile browser crashed for the first time I knew it was the real deal.

I can't even look at the content because I've been on a total media blackout for this game. Looking forward to coming back in a few weeks after I've completed my first playthrough. See you in the Lands Between.

CuNi

At first I thought the first GIF that loaded was joking... no sane man would put 4.9GB of GIFs into a thread...

But then it dawned on me.. we're on GAF and this is a Soulsborne-OT...
But before I realized what was happening before my eyes, my poor browser "JUST DIED!"

BTW, I can't say a lot since it's still loading as of me writing this post LOL.

Nice work on the OT, Epic OT to an Epic game.
🙏🏻Thank you!🙏🏻
The banner brought me in here and at first I thought it was some kind of joke because nothing had loaded. Once my mobile browser crashed for the first time I knew it was the real deal.

I can't even look at the content because I've been on a total media blackout for this game. Looking forward to coming back in a few weeks after I've completed my first playthrough. See you in the Lands Between.
You have to give it time to load - each panel takes about a minute or so on a fast Wi-Fi connection or on a mobile 4GLTE/5G speed to load up and buffer sufficiently to enjoy it. I only went this route, because I wanted the highest possible attainable quality. I could have gone 4K, but the gifs were 3 400MB+ and that's not suitable to be hosted anywhere. They all had to be 99.98MB or less.

Try it again on a different device, or when you have a fast Wi-Fi connection available👍🏻
One OT to rule all OTs….. fantastic job!
🙏🏻Thank you!!🙏🏻

Black Chamber Black Chamber
Dude, I saw something in your OT that delighted me to no end:
Krull_Glaive.gif

I ever catch you without Gold, I will remedy that.
There's more than one reference to that movie if you look over the OT again...
At first I thought the first GIF that loaded was joking... no sane man would put 4.9GB of GIFs into a thread...

But then it dawned on me.. we're on GAF and this is a Soulsborne-OT...
But before I realized what was happening before my eyes, my poor browser "JUST DIED!"

BTW, I can't say a lot since it's still loading as of me writing this post LOL.
Me too - Multiple times - while I was posting it even!! I truly don't think anyone's ever put this amount of raw data into an OT😅
Wow I actually just realized what OP did here. Incredible work, really getting everyone in the mood for this release. Thanks for the effort.

Love the OT soundtrack! 🙌
The soundtrack is 50% of the total experience. It takes you on a journey through the mythos, history and atmosphere of the Sword & Sorcery film/game genre. I initially wanted to go with 80 tracks; but then it dawned on me that it should be just enough to where people can use it to accompany their enjoyment of the OT - skipping tracks as necessary for each of the panels until something fits the atmosphere for them👍🏻

XSX , PS5 of PC RTX 3080? Where to play this???

I assume performance best on PC, but consoles has couch and HDR, if HDR is a good implementation I suppose.
PC all the way. Get the best performance. I'm going to hook my TV up to the living room TV to play this one. I want my 4K, HDR, and surround sound

Black Chamber Black Chamber Dude, you got a shoutout on the home page here for this. Well done sir.
🙏🏻Thank you!🙏🏻

On a separate note, I'm having a display issue with post 3 & post 5:

In post 3, the main banner image isn't as wide as the image above it; filling the full frame

On the "Editions" panel in post number 5, the 2nd gif [that shows the different physical editions of the game & their prices] is displaying smaller than the others; even though I've resized it to 1280px.

Is anyone else seeing that, or is it just me?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've been in this industry for a long ass time.

And you guys know me for many of the crazy Souls-related shit that I've been through.

With that being said; this might be one of the craziest OTs I've ever seen- together with the MGS4 |OT| back in the days.

Good job!

Umbasa.

Wow what an OP! Love the throwback to old grainy RPG and adventure games :messenger_heart:
🙏🏻Thank you!🙏🏻
I've been in this industry for a long ass time.

And you guys know me for many of the crazy Souls-related shit that I've been through.

With that being said; this might be one of the craziest OTs I've ever seen- together with the MGS4 |OT| back in the days.

Good job!

Umbasa.
🙏🏻Thank you!!🙏🏻

The MGS4 OT is legendary - wasn't it 38 posts?!?

Top Bottom