• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite movie scenes

Funny enough I sent the following link to a friend earlier, as proof that Paul Anderson for all his shitty scripts can't be faulted for his visuals. That opening shot is masterful.

The emotion. That music. Fucking fantastic.

This scene changed my life. It's probably my favourite scene in a movie ever.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Left field answer. Without a shred of irony I fucking love this movie, it's close to my heart. If you haven't seen Hackers, watch Hackers, pure charm.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
1. The scene in Weekend at Bernie's where the mob boss's girlfriend surreptitiously massages Bernie's genitals with her foot under the table.

2. The scene in Weekend at Bernie's where that woman unknowingly has sex with Bernie's corpse.

Kev Kev

my favorite scene in the whole series, and it comes from rocky v, considered to be the weakest entry. i kind of agree, but i still love v. it gets better everytime i watch it. im a rocky fanboy tho, so totally biased.

heres one that sort of ties in with that, and is a important scene to display the complicated relationship between rocky and mick

This right here:

I love it so much that I have "I never saved anything for the swim back" tattooed on my arm

My favorite movie of all time, probably

Can you explain that quote to me?

It never made sense to me. I'm always like "Well, shouldn't you be drowning on the way back then?"

Hugare

Can you explain that quote to me?

It never made sense to me. I'm always like "Well, shouldn't you be drowning on the way back then?"
lol, that's a cynical way to interpret it

If you have fear, your body limits itself.

Anton was totaly phisically capable of surpassing Vincent, swimming to the other side and etc. But he couldn't because he was always thinking about the energy required to swim to the shore on their way back.

Vincent always had nothing to loose. He was an outcast, he was going to die young ... So he didnt have fear holding him back.

So that's why "he never saved anything for the swim back". Even if he drowns, he wouldnt give a fuck. He would always give 100% and even die on his own terms.

I tattooed it on my arm because I was always too shy and hesitant of doing and saying stuff that I wanted too.

So to me, this quote inspires me a lot to be a better person.

Last edited:

INC

lol, that's a cynical way to interpret it

If you have fear, your body limits itself.

Anton was totaly phisically capable of surpassing Vincent, swimming to the other side and etc. But he couldn't because he was always thinking about the energy required to swim to the shore on their way back.

Vincent always had nothing to loose. He was an outcast, he was going to die young ... So he didnt have fear holding him back.

So that's why "he never saved anything for the swim back". Even if he drowns, he wouldnt give a fuck. He would always give 100% and even die on his own terms.

I tattooed it on my arm because I was always too shy and hesitant of doing and saying stuff that I wanted too.

So to me, this quote inspires me a lot to be a better person.

You didn't get it tattooed on your face, so the world could see it, so yet again you didn't go all in

Ironic really

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Wild things

giphy.gif

Top Bottom