• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite movie scenes

Prison Mike

Banned
Ewan Mcgregor Running GIF by MIRAMAX

Mohonky

Can you explain that quote to me?

It never made sense to me. I'm always like "Well, shouldn't you be drowning on the way back then?"

He swam to another piece of land.

He left his old life behind, he had no intention of returning to it. The point was everyone thought he was dead, in reality he was sick of a society that was judging people by what they couldnt do. In his case, he could never be what he wanted because he was no engineered to be able too, his brother was. Its symbolic because his brother was supposed to be able to out swim him because of the heart defect that would supposedly prevent it, instead, he just kept going till he came out the other side and became someone he was never supposed to.

Also yeh Gattaca is amazing.

Ethan Hawke always seems to pop up in amazing scifi movies. Very underrated in that respect

Last edited:

mortal

Although technically not films. These two are just a few of what I found to be amazing scenes.
The writing, the performances, the editing are all exceptional for their own uniques reasons. All which work cohesively to bring their respective scenes together.'
I'm re-reading A Game of Thrones and rewatching S01, because of that it's a bit fresher in my mind, so I wanted to share a few thoughts on that scene.

Game of Thrones season1, episode 2.
People tend to search for the shot with that popular quote by Tyrion, but this scene is rich with so much subtext and world-building.
So much is being shown without being said which really enriches the discussion between Jon & Tyrion.
Not only are you learning more about both these two characters, but you also gain more insight into the social hierarchies of Westeros.
Then Tyrion delivers a profound simile that encapsulates so much about only surviving but thriving within that social hierarchy.

The Wire season 4, episode 4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom