• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Filled up my tank yesterday, $6.20 per gallon for regular

Hakiroto

Yeah, fuel prices are horrible right now. Here in Bavaria, it was almost 2,50€/litre a couple of days ago. That's just north of $10/gallon, right? Either way, I'm glad I'm not driving much at the moment.

German Hops

200w.gif

Amiga

It's 2,50 euro per liter over here. Stop complaining
It's around 2 euros/lt for gasoline and like 2.20 for fucking diesel here in sicily, crazy times...

If that 1,35 euros conversion someone made is correct, you are lucky af op...
still cheaper than here in europe

Europeans drive in smaller sandboxes. even the main supply chains are clustered compared to the vast geography of the USA. Also higher rate of urbanization. suburban life in the US needs longer distance personal commute where no mass public transport is available.

As a fun note, the price of gas in venezuela is government subsidized. But they have increased prices over time. When they did, people went ape shit.

Oct 23, 2021

Venezuela Raises Gas Prices by 20-fold to 10 Cents a Gallon​

Fabiola Zerpa and Scott Squires, Bloomberg News

Customers wait in line to refuel vehicles at a Petroleos de Venezuela SA (PDVSA) gas station in Caracas, Venezuela, on Monday, Oct. 4, 2021. Venezuela is launching a new version of the bolivar in the latest attempt to salvage a currency so beaten down by years of hyperinflation that residents have adopted the U.S. dollar. Photographer: Carolina Cabral/Bloomberg , Bloomberg

(Bloomberg) -- Venezuela’s government will impose a 20-fold increase in subsidized gasoline prices starting Sunday, according to a statement from state oil company PDVSA.The rise in subsidized fuel prices “is a necessity” due to the “re-denomination” of the local currency, PDVSA said. The hike comes weeks after Venezuela launched a new currency, the digital bolivar, which slashed six zeros off the former currency on Oct. 1.

It’s also the second increase in subsidized fuel prices since June 2020, when President Nicolas Maduro’s government rolled back a decades-long policy on fuel price freezes in order “to guarantee fuel production and distribution in the country,” according to the statement.Even with the jump in prices, PDVSA’s subsidized fuel is still among the cheapest in the world. The increase would bring fuel prices to 2.3 cents per liter or 10 cents per gallon, a fraction of what it costs at gas pumps in most countries. It’s currently at 0.1 cent per liter or 0.5 cents per gallon.Venezuela has a dual-pricing system, with one subsidized amount and a separate “international” price of 50 cents per liter or $2.27 per gallon.

As a fun note, the price of gas in venezuela is government subsidized. But they have increased prices over time. When they did, people went ape shit.

Oct 23, 2021

Venezuela Raises Gas Prices by 20-fold to 10 Cents a Gallon​

Fabiola Zerpa and Scott Squires, Bloomberg News

Customers wait in line to refuel vehicles at a Petroleos de Venezuela SA (PDVSA) gas station in Caracas, Venezuela, on Monday, Oct. 4, 2021. Venezuela is launching a new version of the bolivar in the latest attempt to salvage a currency so beaten down by years of hyperinflation that residents have adopted the U.S. dollar. Photographer: Carolina Cabral/Bloomberg , Bloomberg

(Bloomberg) -- Venezuela’s government will impose a 20-fold increase in subsidized gasoline prices starting Sunday, according to a statement from state oil company PDVSA.The rise in subsidized fuel prices “is a necessity” due to the “re-denomination” of the local currency, PDVSA said. The hike comes weeks after Venezuela launched a new currency, the digital bolivar, which slashed six zeros off the former currency on Oct. 1.

It’s also the second increase in subsidized fuel prices since June 2020, when President Nicolas Maduro’s government rolled back a decades-long policy on fuel price freezes in order “to guarantee fuel production and distribution in the country,” according to the statement.Even with the jump in prices, PDVSA’s subsidized fuel is still among the cheapest in the world. The increase would bring fuel prices to 2.3 cents per liter or 10 cents per gallon, a fraction of what it costs at gas pumps in most countries. It’s currently at 0.1 cent per liter or 0.5 cents per gallon.Venezuela has a dual-pricing system, with one subsidized amount and a separate “international” price of 50 cents per liter or $2.27 per gallon.
this makes me want to drive down to Venezuela, stock up on gas, and resell it in the USA. Always Sunny style.

6c5587a9-5b4b-4439-9ba7-e3dc8b108838_text.gif

ill sell you a bike for 60 bucks..also live in LA but im moving overseas in 3 weeks
idk if I'm looking for a 60 dollar bike. thanks though

TVexperto

Europeans drive in smaller sandboxes. even the main supply chains are clustered compared to the vast geography of the USA. Also higher rate of urbanization. suburban life in the US needs longer distance personal commute where no mass public transport is available.
Do you think there is no countryside in europe? the country i live in is mostly country side and long roads and there is no public transportation in small villages

Amiga

Do you think there is no countryside in europe? the country i live in is mostly country side and long roads and there is no public transportation in small villages
In America it is a larger part of the population. Gas price effects more of the middle class. So not comparable to the USA no.

UnNamed

18+ Member
2.3€/lit (2.53$) at some point, now with regulations and tax cuts from the government you can find it below 1.8€

AJUMP23

ITT Americans are catching up to gas prices with the rest of the world - hey, maybe this will lead to less 3.0 liter monstrosities?
If we want large gas guzzling engines and there is a market for them, we should get them.

Cars in the US changed drastically after the gas crisis of the 70s. But the cars of the 80s are not that memorable except for the minivan. Everyone loves the minivan.

TVexperto

ITT Americans are catching up to gas prices with the rest of the world - hey, maybe this will lead to less 3.0 liter monstrosities?
yeah its hillarious how they are now screeching even though we have been paying those absurd high prices for years.+

also americans:

biggest-pickup-trucks-f-450.jpg

wHy iS gAs so HiGH?!

Cyberpunkd

If we want large gas guzzling engines and there is a market for them, we should get them.
Fuck the planet, amirite? Also, can you tell me the difference between 3 and 1.8 litres that is common in European cities? I hate Peugeot 208 with passion, but that shit still gets me where I need to go.

dcll

Banned
yeah its hillarious how they are now screeching even though we have been paying those absurd high prices for years.+

also americans:

biggest-pickup-trucks-f-450.jpg

wHy iS gAs so HiGH?!
You act like this is the common truck. This truck and others like it are made for a reason, to haul heavy loads and a normal truck or some car could not be used for what this type of truck is made for.

Last edited:
You act like this is the common truck. This truck and others like it are made for a reason, to haul heavy loads and a normal truck or some car could not be used for what this type of truck is made for.
I know people who are office workers like me who buy pick ups. And holy shit they arent cheap. Not sure why they need it. It's not like they are hauling stuff or got a cottage where maybe they are carrying tons of gear up north.

Some people just like the power. But instead of power from a sports coupe, they like it from a pick up.

dcll

Banned
I know people who are office workers like me who buy pick ups. And holy shit they arent cheap. Not sure why they need it. It's not like they are hauling stuff or got a cottage where maybe they are carrying tons of gear up north.

Some people just like the power. But instead of power from a sports coupe, they like it from a pick up.
Once you start the what someone needs bit it can apply to anyone. If an office person wants a truck that is fine and their right. We all have stuff and things we don't need

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

There is a difference between a pickup truck, and that dually Power Stroke Super Duty in the example used.

Maybe they do projects on the weekends, maybe they have a camper or boats that they haul.
Once you start the what someone needs but it can apply to anyone. If an office person wants a truck that is fine and their right. We all have stuff and things we don't need
And this.

dcll

Banned
People always want to seem to cast judgements on what someone else has that they themselves think is excess and not needed while without a doubt they also have much excess and shit in their life they most certainly don't need. No one is the judge and authority on what someone else needs and should have. Some people love to be self righteous

I'm not talking about the guy I quoted btw, just saying people in general

Last edited:

TheGrat1

$3.99/gallon here in Pittsburgh last I saw. Fortunately I live close to work so I only need to fill up 1-1.4 times a month.

ID4.jpg

GymWolf

Overcompensation maybe?? You know they say about men with big cars...

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Overcompensation maybe?? You know they say about men with big cars...
That’s pretty much a high school stereotype, for trucks at least. Owning a truck gives you a huge amount of functionality you don’t get with anything else.

GymWolf

That’s pretty much a high school stereotype, for trucks at least. Owning a truck gives you a huge amount of functionality you don’t get with anything else.
I was joking, imagine if i believe that shit :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

In italy we say that tall people have small dicks, and i'm 190 cm...

Last edited:
Top Bottom