• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Pejo

So how'd everyone do on the Nichol banner? I saved my 30% ticket for it, and actually got a rainbow - CG Lid #2. Then I burn the mog king tickets, got Ayaka #3. Then I did 1 10 pull with the lapis I got back since my FFIV splurge and got both 4* units on the banner and a Mercenary Ramza. I seem to remember reading that he's actually a good provoke tank now with enhancements. Anyways, a pretty good day rainbow-wise, and I'm not that upset about not getting Nichol. I'm still holding out hope that enhanced Zarg gives him a run for the money. Only reason I used so many resources on this banner was because of the free TM moogles. Got myself a few misc units finished off and am at 87% on Loren's TM now.

It's a pretty good time to pull.

EDarkness

At this point, I'm saving for the eventual Nier banner so I can get my second A2 and 2B or the Valkyrie Profile banner. With 7* coming, it's gonna be great. The exception is when Raegan show up. I'd like to get him for my MP regen needs. But other than that, saving for those banners is top priority. Gonna keep the 5* tickets and the like unless we have to use them now.

Shouta

Been logging into GL a bit just for the bonuses but I haven't been playing much lol.

JP has a story event for Cid right now. I'm slowly going through it since I'm not super excited for this month's raid which is apparently BE one, I think?

Reizo Ryuu

I did a multi on the new featured banner and got nichol (and charie and merald).
He seems pretty good, it's also funny how having him and lid on the team practically means infinite MP for everyone.

Pejo

I did a multi on the new featured banner and got nichol (and charie and merald).
He seems pretty good, it's also funny how having him and lid on the team practically means infinite MP for everyone.
Congrats man, you have the best buffer and best debuffer in the game right now. How are you doing on the story?

I finished up some of the main quest missions, got back to 5k lapis and did another 10 pull - double rainbow with Noctis #2 (finally, thought I'd never get another one) and Aranea. It feels like a FFXV banner, lol. I had that 100% Stoss Spear moogle from the FFXV raid saved up, so I have myself a Stoss Spear now. Not sure if it's good for anything presently, though. Should be good for a TDH dragoon in the future when they fix the jump landing timing.

Went back since I finally had some downtime this weekend and tried Leviathan 2* again with an elemental buffed Basch and Noctis evade tank, made easy work of it this time. That's a tough fight if you're not geared correctly though, I tried to beat it 6-7 times without doing double tank and I couldn't beat it. Also beat the Kain challenge, which also required double tanks. It's really the first time I'm using that strategy. It seems weird but it totally works. Too bad they nerfed that Rat challenge reward so you can't build 100% auto-provoke. I'd love to use Zarg as my evade provoke tank.

Up next on my list is the 10 man trials. I never actually tried one yet, since I always get lazy about gearing my units and having to re-gear them afterwards, but I'm finding these tougher challenges pretty fun. Also, I'm finally making use of this huge inventory of TMs/equipment/materia that I've collected and just sat on. I don't know if any of you are using this tool, but it makes equipping your units SO much easier. http://ffbeequip.com/builder.html

JP runs terribly on the emulator I use now after the update. Sure, it runs, but not well. Gonna have to live with this unfortunately.

Congrats on the nice haul, Shouta. I was only able to get Citan x2 and didn't have enough lapis to get 5 F.E.B. tickets. It's a bummer because I was hoping to get Maria either by pulling her or with the F.E.B. tickets. Oh well, I'm going back to save mode now.
Have you tried the BlueStacks Android app player? I heard msi was partnering and adding it to their pcs, as msi android app player. So it seems like it should be good.

Shouta

Native JP version came out today. It's only for PC but it's through AndApp, DeNA's new thjing for mobile games. It runs amazingly well and has some great features to it that make playing on PC nice like being able to chain characters with keyboard presses and WASD control for exploration maps in the game. It also runs insanely fast, lol. Chaining is super quick.

EDarkness

I wish DeNA did Mac stuff so that we could get a stuff like that. I haven't played the JP version that much these days because it's too much of a pain to run stuff.

Reizo Ryuu

Congrats man, you have the best buffer and best debuffer in the game right now. How are you doing on the story?

I was doing the story event to get that out of the way, so now I'm just doing the regular story again, think I'm at the golzas caverns or something.

Pejo

I was doing the story event to get that out of the way, so now I'm just doing the regular story again, think I'm at the golzas caverns or something.
Cool, keep in mind that whenever you complete all of chapter 1 (the whole first "world"), you get a 100% Trust Moogle. So if you have a unit with a trust mastery item you want instantly, you have that in your back pocket.

Just Cause units were detailed a bit in today's news. I'm not seeing anything yet to make me even want to try for the lesser units. I think this might be the first limited summon I completely pass on since Ariana round 2. Daily 1/2 off pull today got me my first Roy. Nichol just wants no part of joining my team, lol.

EDarkness

I don't know anything about Just Cause games, so it doesn't mean anything to me. I'll probably throw some 1/2 Daily pulls at it, but nothing else beyond that.

Oh, and I decided to use a ticket on the CG Nichol banner and it came down rainbow. Ended up with CG Nichol. I don't even have him in the JP version. Well, this banner I ended up with him and Barbie. Not too bad of a haul.

Just waiting for 7* units to come now.

evangd007

I'm tempted to pull a few times on Nichol banner because he's so great and the TMR moogles, but I also have like 700% worth of moogles just sitting around. I wish my 5* units had worthwhile TMRs to spend those on.

Reizo Ryuu

Congrats man, you have the best buffer and best debuffer in the game right now.
You weren't kidding, managed to beat the just cause elite raid while barely taking a scratch.
Had nichol buff on odd rounds and restore mp on even rounds, lid debuffing, basch guarding and your rydia doing damage; rolled over him within 5 turns.

evangd007

What 5-stars do you have?

Bold = completed TMR

Lightning x2
DK Cecil x3
Aileen x2
A2
Orlandu
Queen
Gilgamesh
Jiraiya

Balthier
Beatrix
Fire Veritas
NG Jake

Dark Fina x2
Emperor
Barbaccia
Christine
Fryevia
Lulu

Basch

Ayaka x2
Rem
Eiko

Marie
Ramza
Noctis
Delita

I probably should finish off Barb for the best mage materia in the game and Basch for the evasion shield. Other than that I feel lost. A lot of the TMRs are weapons that are side grades at best unless I use chainers other than Orlandu and Fryevia, and I can't find a reason to use anybody but those two.

Shouta

I'd work on Barbariccia, one DKC, Christine's and Basch's of the ones you have left I wouldn't use your moogles on them though because 7-star is coming and having a bunch of moogless to instantly nab a TMR for a 7-star you'll use is a good idea for that unit's Trust Ability.

Shouta

Is cagnazzo's tmr a good idea for basch?

Yes, if you're focusing on physical talking with him.

Speaking of the four fiends, they're finally getting released over in JP. The important news though is Golbez is getting a new 5-star! Apparently, they're planning on redoing units that were released early on like this so I'm hoping for good things for Sabin and Edgar.

Alkez

Shouta Shouta I was wondering, is there ability materias for the bar-ga spells in JP? Between Yuna and Nichol I can cover everything but earth and wind and was hoping they were available as Yuna has level 6 green magic.
So how'd everyone do on the Nichol banner? I saved my 30% ticket for it, and actually got a rainbow - CG Lid #2. Then I burn the mog king tickets, got Ayaka #3. Then I did 1 10 pull with the lapis I got back since my FFIV splurge and got both 4* units on the banner and a Mercenary Ramza. I seem to remember reading that he's actually a good provoke tank now with enhancements. Anyways, a pretty good day rainbow-wise, and I'm not that upset about not getting Nichol. I'm still holding out hope that enhanced Zarg gives him a run for the money. Only reason I used so many resources on this banner was because of the free TM moogles. Got myself a few misc units finished off and am at 87% on Loren's TM now.

It's a pretty good time to pull.
I think I spent 17 tickets (5* ex, 10+1, some regulars and some 4*s) and then did a 5k and got lucky enough to get him (the pulls were bad before that). Was super happy as him and Rydia were the two units I wanted most when I came back and got lucky enough to get them. Alongside the 2 units I wanted most upon doing research when I came back I now have the core for my "main team" (Yuna, Nichol, Wilhelm).

I kind of want to go for a second but I also want to wait to see when Awakened Rain is coming out.

Shouta

Shouta Shouta I was wondering, is there ability materias for the bar-ga spells in JP? Between Yuna and Nichol I can cover everything but earth and wind and was hoping they were available as Yuna has level 6 green magic.

I think I spent 17 tickets (5* ex, 10+1, some regulars and some 4*s) and then did a 5k and got lucky enough to get him (the pulls were bad before that). Was super happy as him and Rydia were the two units I wanted most when I came back and got lucky enough to get them. Alongside the 2 units I wanted most upon doing research when I came back I now have the core for my "main team" (Yuna, Nichol, Wilhelm).

I kind of want to go for a second but I also want to wait to see when Awakened Rain is coming out.

Off the top of my head, no. The 3-star versions of Golem and Tetra Slypheed might have -ga tier spells for bar- though.

Pejo

Congrats man, I was lukewarm on Nichol, so I'm perfectly fine to not get him. Zarg enhancements were announced while I've been on vacation, and it looks largely okay. Nothing to be mad about, but not meta defining like I was hoping.

Anyways, that anniversary hype begins! 10+1 ticket today got me a pile of poop, and 5* EX ticket got me Lunera #2. I hope her 7* is good, I've used the shit out of her as a bard since she got her enhancements.

Remember, the best value by far for the player vote thing is the free daily pulls at 5% rainbow rate. Don't be fooled by the 1000 weekly lapis!

Reizo Ryuu

10+1 and ex tickets can never be used on banners with exclusive units right?
I've basically been saving all my tickets for stuff like 2b/lara, but I'm not seeing a 10+1 "just cause banner".

Pejo

10+1 and ex tickets can never be used on banners with exclusive units right?
I've basically been saving all my tickets for stuff like 2b/lara, but I'm not seeing a 10+1 "just cause banner".
That's right, they're banner agnostic. There's a second page of the Summon area for EX tickets/Raid Summons/10+1 tickets/etc. One thing to note though, EX and 10+1 tickets have every unit available in the CURRENT pool as a possibility. Meaning, if you wait for 2B's banner to come back, you can in theory still get her from the 10+1 or EX tickets, though with no rate up. After the banner is gone, though, she will be gone from the EX/10+1 pools as well.

EDarkness

Thanks, if they draw from the current pool, I'm just gonna keep hanging on to them; I'll take any added chance, even if it's tiny.

They do. I got my A2 from a 10+1 ticket. They pull from whatever the current pool of units is. I'm saving all of my 10+1 and 5* EX tickets for when the units I want are in the pool. Sure, there's still a chance I won't get them, but more chances is a good thing to have.

Alkez

Off the top of my head, no. The 3-star versions of Golem and Tetra Slypheed might have -ga tier spells for bar- though.
Ah that's a shame. From the looks of it Phoenix might also have it when it gets it's 3*.
Congrats man, I was lukewarm on Nichol, so I'm perfectly fine to not get him. Zarg enhancements were announced while I've been on vacation, and it looks largely okay. Nothing to be mad about, but not meta defining like I was hoping.

Anyways, that anniversary hype begins! 10+1 ticket today got me a pile of poop, and 5* EX ticket got me Lunera #2. I hope her 7* is good, I've used the shit out of her as a bard since she got her enhancements.

Remember, the best value by far for the player vote thing is the free daily pulls at 5% rainbow rate. Don't be fooled by the 1000 weekly lapis!
Thanks man. I think Zarg's aoe buff is the best enhancement. Pretty much means you don't need a buffer at that level and it lasts 4 turns.

Lunera's 7* seems pretty good. Insanely good chainer, and she has a cooldown 135% buff. I got Noctis #2 with my 5* EX ticket which I'm very happy about it, mainly just for a second ring lol.

Pejo

Weird set of results for me today. 10+1 super ticket got me 11 golds, zzzzzz

10+1 ticket redeemed with the tokens got me a Rico and Roy #2

Nothing else of note, but now I have a conundrum. I have all 3 major bards ready for 7*, which one is actually the best? I see Lunera kinda gets a damage role, so it's probably not her just for buffs (which sucks because I love her passive HP/MP regen), though her Cooldown ability looks really solid. Roy seems to be pure buffs, which sounds the best to me, but the kit is complicated and I'm only able to gather what I can get from the Reddit wiki on how the skills actually work, and the translation is kinda spotty, especially with how the skills interact with each other. Ramza looks like he doesn't get any buffs to his buffs, so he's probably out.

Pejo

Man, they really messed up the hype for this anniversary by not having some event to go with it. ADV maze is ok, but it should not have been the main attraction. Anyone else feel kinda "meh" about the actual anniversary outside of those tickets right at the start? The free daily stuff is pretty much free blue fodder, and there's nothing on the schedule that I'm particularly excited for, save the fun (but useless) fan festa units. IMO, they should have had daily explorations like the good Chinese New Year event, where you get a gold + ticket for completing with all challenges once per day. Would have certainly been more fun than this.

I hope week 2 of the anni actually has some stuff to do.

Rajack

Relatively new player here. My lead is a pretty decent Sephiroth at 667 ATK and my ID is 013,181,771 Please go ahead and add me! I'm looking to trounce the trials and the bosses in the chamber of arms.

Pejo

Relatively new player here. My lead is a pretty decent Sephiroth at 667 ATK and my ID is 013,181,771 Please go ahead and add me! I'm looking to trounce the trials and the bosses in the chamber of arms.
Welcome! Sent you a request.

Pejo

New JP livestream this weekend for the next story event. It should be Akster, I think.
I'm really curious to see what angle they go with for him, hope you're right.

It's worth noting that right now in GL is a really good time to get your dupe 5* bases ready for 7* STMR stuff. If you have 4 of any of the units, make sure you max 2 of them to level 100 so you can make 2 7* units then fuse them together for STMR. Doing it that way will net you more 7* units and the rewards that come along with making 7*s.

EDarkness

I think the 50% TMR moogle is worth having so I generally do it that way instead of blowing a ton of cactaur on leveling to 100.

Oh, and this anniversary thing sucks. All the CG units? Pffft.

evangd007

So... Banner 3 is where it's at right? Nichol and Lid?

Also remember, all off-banner 5*s are the CG units without rate up, like so:

1% - Focus unit 1
1% - Focus unit 2
1% - all other CG units

Pejo

I think the 50% TMR moogle is worth having so I generally do it that way instead of blowing a ton of cactaur on leveling to 100.

Oh, and this anniversary thing sucks. All the CG units? Pffft.
Yea the advantage of making 2 7* units is to do those missions that (at least in JP) give you Unit of Choice tickets. Otherwise it's cheaper and easier to just fuse the unleveled units.
So... Banner 3 is where it's at right? Nichol and Lid?

Also remember, all off-banner 5*s are the CG units without rate up, like so:

1% - Focus unit 1
1% - Focus unit 2
1% - all other CG units
Yea banner 3 looks to be the winner. I'm not even sure I'm going to try for anything on these though. I have 2 of Sakura, 2 Lid, 4 Fina, 1 Lasswell. If 7* is right around the corner, I doubt I'd get much use from Nichol so I think I'll just hoard.

Also, dataminers on Reddit found some hints that Star Ocean collab might be just around the corner, so keep that in mind when looking at resources.

evangd007

Yea banner 3 looks to be the winner. I'm not even sure I'm going to try for anything on these though. I have 2 of Sakura, 2 Lid, 4 Fina, 1 Lasswell. If 7* is right around the corner, I doubt I'd get much use from Nichol so I think I'll just hoard.

Also, dataminers on Reddit found some hints that Star Ocean collab might be just around the corner, so keep that in mind when looking at resources.

Well, I skipped all the CG unit banners in favor of this event, I have 150k lapis and my only CG unit is Jake (off banner, not my fault). I think I can spare a few pulls.

Also, the only collabs I truly care about are Bravely Default and Nier rerun. I'm beginning to think that BD won't come around. It was technically a collab with the BD mobile game which never was released outside of Japan.

Pejo

Well, I skipped all the CG unit banners in favor of this event, I have 150k lapis and my only CG unit is Jake (off banner, not my fault). I think I can spare a few pulls.

Also, the only collabs I truly care about are Bravely Default and Nier rerun. I'm beginning to think that BD won't come around. It was technically a collab with the BD mobile game which never was released outside of Japan.
Yea, I've been holding on to hope that we get BD too, but it doesn't look promising. I also expected Monster Hunter when MH:W released, but that never happened. Also, where's my Secret of Mana rerun? I was sure that we were getting that instead of freakin' Ray Jack v2....we really get shafted on the collabs.

I find it funny that they think just because we're the global server that we'd rather get bullshit like Arianna Grande (sorry Reizo!) and Just Cause 3 instead of classic RPG characters from older games that most of us probably have fond memories of, like Valkyrie Profile.

Last edited:

EDarkness

The differences in Mog King events in JP and Global is like night and day. In JP almost no one puts up banner units. Trying to run with a group of banner units in JP is frustrating. However, in Global, there are a ton of folks (even generic friends) who put up banner units. I'm never really hurtin' for banner units, so it makes getting through Mog King events in Global a lot quicker. But JP has been extremely lackluster these days in general. Not even sure why I'm continuing to mess around with it, to be honest.

EDarkness

JP has a lot of folks put up banner units, at least on my list.

You're probably higher rank and maybe at that level they have banner units. At the rank I'm at (70 or 80 something), there are two people who are on my list with banner units out of friends and generic friends. This is how it is with virtually all of the Mog King banners since I've been playing JP. A lot of the folks on my friends list that are actual friends don't have banner units. I'll admit that there are a couple of people on my list that haven't played in a long time, but of the group that do, only two of them have banner units. I think you're one of them.

What bothers me is that not even generic friends have banner units up. It's frustrating. I've only see ONE banner unit so far over the last few days when I've tried to play. ONE generic friend with a banner unit. That's sad. I've never had that problem on Global. Even generic friends have plenty of banner units, so even if my friends don't have them, there are enough generic friends to fill gaps. But that's rare, because almost everyone on my friends list puts up a banner unit (even if it's the 4* unit).

Last edited:

Shouta

Yeah, might be a rank issue. I'm seeing even the non-friends with banner units on my end. That's rough not to get them for MKs.

EDarkness

Yeah, might be a rank issue. I'm seeing even the non-friends with banner units on my end. That's rough not to get them for MKs.

Yeah. It's pretty bad. The sad thing is I've done about 15-18 pulls on this banner and got 1 banner unit. So terrible. Luckily DKC and kid Rydia count for something otherwise this whole Mog King would have been worse than normal.

Top Bottom