• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Reizo Ryuu

Congrats! He looks to be an interesting unit - a hybrid Tank/Finisher.

I burnt a handful of regular tickets, got 1 rainbow - yet ANOTHER Seabreeze Dark Fina. She just won't stop hounding me.
Yeah I've been reading up on him, but I dunno how much use he'll be since my main team is:
lid, nichol, sephiroth, orlandeau, ashe/rosa/basch. I'm not sure using him over basch is better in any scenario, but I'll guess I'll have to test it out.

Also was Nalu limited? I actually quite liked using her in the domain for two event, so having her ever show up on a random summon would be nice.

Pejo

Yeah I've been reading up on him, but I dunno how much use he'll be since my main team is:
lid, nichol, sephiroth, orlandeau, ashe/rosa/basch. I'm not sure using him over basch is better in any scenario, but I'll guess I'll have to test it out.

Also was Nalu limited? I actually quite liked using her in the domain for two event, so having her ever show up on a random summon would be nice.
Nalu is permanently in the pool, so you might get her at any time, given some luck.

You can read up a good review of the Deus Ex units here:
Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/99sxjt/bubble_bath_review_deus_ex_mankind_divided_adam/

Last edited:

EDarkness

I burned two tickets on this banner. One of them was rainbow...that lead to fire Fire Veritas. Heh, getting on banner units is an amazing thing these days. I used up a couple of my anniversary tickets and ended up with another rainbow that provided me with my fourth Noctis. I guess I can get his STMR now. Awesome.

Last edited:

Shouta

JP livestream in a few days. I'm looking forward to what units they're gonna bring for the Mog King. I want FF6 units. :pie_starstruck:

Pejo

I'd love a badass Terra or Celes. Hell, finally making Cyan and Shadow actually good would be great as well.
Terra's already had a badass version for quite a while now, give the others a chance! I'd love to see Locke and Celes get 5* bases, but yea, any non-FFBE unit would be great. I need something to wash these non-JRPG related GL exclusives out of my mouth.
Got jensen of a rare ticket from the raid; joy.
Congrats man! I know you wanted these collab units, glad you got them all (I think you got them all? lol)

I basically just ran the raid and gil turtles all weekend, back up to ~9 mil, ready for round 2 of the 7*'s

Reizo Ryuu

Oh yeah I got them, I'll prolly spend the rest of my lapis/tickets on the banner before it leaves in the hope of maybe a 7*; I definitely asked for this.

c-murph

Went through and cleared out a crap ton of inactives from my account. Any one want to add me:

ID: 559,050,910
IGN: c-murph

Currently have up a 6★ Cloud, 1645 Atk

Pejo

Went through and cleared out a crap ton of inactives from my account. Any one want to add me:

ID: 559,050,910
IGN: c-murph

Currently have up a 6★ Cloud, 1645 Atk
Good Idea. My list was surprisingly still mostly active, but I got a few spots open. (I checked, we're already friends, lol)

My ID: 014,414,382

Pejo

New Edgar and Sabin unit for JP! I am pumped!
Holy shit, I missed this earlier. I looked up pics from the stream, look pretty good (although not too different than their existing sprites) Hopefully their skills and animations are top tier.

Also did my daily 5% rainbow and actually got my 4th Wilhelm. Hello STMR! Looks to be pretty great for tanks.

Shouta

Holy shit, I missed this earlier. I looked up pics from the stream, look pretty good (although not too different than their existing sprites) Hopefully their skills and animations are top tier.

Also did my daily 5% rainbow and actually got my 4th Wilhelm. Hello STMR! Looks to be pretty great for tanks.

The sprites are way nicer and the animations are top-notch. I was soooo happy to see Sabin get proper animations for them.

Sabin starts here:

Edgar starts here:

It's just a loop of a few animations and their LB without the extra effects but you can see the work on the sprite itself.

Pejo

The sprites are way nicer and the animations are top-notch. I was soooo happy to see Sabin get proper animations for them.
It's just a loop of a few animations and their LB without the extra effects but you can see the work on the sprite itself.
Those are amazing, lol. They hit almost every Blitz technique on Sabin's LB. And I was honestly not expecting Figaro Castle for Edgar's.

This is exactly the kind of thing I want to see from this game. I don't hate the main cast (well I do for most of season 2, this story has been absolute shit and the animal people story especially was pure garbage), but FF characters are why I really play.

Finished getting my Wilhelm STMR this morning and put it on him. Even at only level 114 without max pots on anything, not BiS gear and 2* esper, he's got:

-17k HP
-1111 DEF
-~800 SPR

Kinda nutty, and this is just the beginning of 7*'s and STMRs

Pejo

Woo, the sodium levels on Reddit are reaching an all-time high. I guess they removed a UoC ticket from our Mog King event, limiting us to about 1 a month opposed to the 3 that JP gets. This also means that unless they give us new ways to get them, we're only going to be able to select 1 5* unit per year, lmao.

They also either messed up the banner text or they're ending our 5% rainbow free pull banner a week early.

Somewhat related, I got my 2nd rainbow from the free pulls today, my first Emperor Shera. I forgot that he was an actual unit. After looking him up, he seems to be good at 7*, especially with Hyou to chain alongside.

Pejo

Got another jensen of a rare ticket; my first 7*.
Congrats man! We certainly have been getting guns tossed at us left and right lately, you should be able to gear him up pretty decently.

Wow baby - the rage just keeps building against Gumi. Now Facebook is even joining in. Honestly, I think it's deserved. I never liked 7* from a design standpoint simply because they didn't increase rainbow rates to coincide with needing 2 of them per unit now. It also invalidates all non rainbows and single rainbows, so the "middle ground" is completely destroyed, which just makes pulling feel awful.

Over the past few months I stopped spending money in the game, and with good reason. I will never spend another penny until they stop treating GL like a bastard son. Every time I read more stuff about this, I'm tempted to drop the game entirely.

EDarkness

Got another jensen of a rare ticket; my first 7*.

Congrats, man!

I saw that the Mog King only has the expensive Select Ticket and not the cheap one. Man, that sucks. I'm really on the verge of quitting the game at this point. I realized last night that I'm not really having much fun and my wife has basically stopped playing completely. Pulling sucks because 7* units pretty much invalidate everything and that stupid 5% rainbow banner has given me nothing. I know...random, but damn, it sucks. Even in JP I'm not really enjoying the game. I'm just doing the event for some odd reason. I just wish there was something cool to do in the game that wasn't grindy or super hard. I got both 7* Octopath units and I'd love to just do something in the game where I can just smash things and enjoy having them in my party. There just isn't anything like that.

Oh well, I guess I'll keep thinking about it.

Reizo Ryuu

Any tips for the stopping marchenko event?
I've gotten him down to 70% health, but because of his hybrid damage, basch can't tank it all, and at some point he hits super hard and just wipes the entire team.
Also, considering I'm getting 7* orlandeau, should I use my 100% trust moogle on him (for the passive), or on sephiroth's katana?

Edit: got Rinoa, now I'm unsure of who to pick for 7*

Last edited:
Any tips for the stopping marchenko event?
I've gotten him down to 70% health, but because of his hybrid damage, basch can't tank it all, and at some point he hits super hard and just wipes the entire team.
Also, considering I'm getting 7* orlandeau, should I use my 100% trust moogle on him (for the passive), or on sephiroth's katana?

Edit: got Rinoa, now I'm unsure of who to pick for 7*
You using reraise on tank? Worse case think you may need friend tank unit.

Pejo

I don't have access to reraise, so no.
I could put either Wilhelm or Eiko as my friend unit if it will help you. I didn't really look up any specific strategy for this guy, just usual bard buffs + tank + chainers to damage him. Eiko was pretty helpful since she can full raise a unit and heal the group in the same turn, and has access to dispel all those nasty atk/mag debuffs. I'm not sure what your team looks like presently, but if you want any particular type of unit (healer/tank/dps) just let me know.

Reizo Ryuu

I could put either Wilhelm or Eiko as my friend unit if it will help you. I didn't really look up any specific strategy for this guy, just usual bard buffs + tank + chainers to damage him. Eiko was pretty helpful since she can full raise a unit and heal the group in the same turn, and has access to dispel all those nasty atk/mag debuffs. I'm not sure what your team looks like presently, but if you want any particular type of unit (healer/tank/dps) just let me know.

With rinoa I now have access to double raise or raise+heal, so I think a second tank next to basch would be best.
I'm thinking jensen, sephiroth, basch, nichol, rinoa.
Jensen just for pure damage, is immune to all breaks with implanted rebreather, can break
Sephiroth for damage, emergency heal/raise.
basch to magic cover
nichol to barrier/restore mp
rinoa to heal/raise/break/tornado chain with jensen.

Also, rinoa or orlandeau 7 star?

Pejo

With rinoa I now have access to double raise or raise+heal, so I think a second tank next to basch would be best.
I'm thinking jensen, sephiroth, basch, nichol, rinoa.
Jensen just for pure damage, is immune to all breaks with implanted rebreather, can break
Sephiroth for damage, emergency heal/raise.
basch to magic cover
nichol to barrier/restore mp
rinoa to heal/raise/break/tornado chain with jensen.

Also, rinoa or orlandeau 7 star?
Ok made Wilhelm my friend unit, let me know if you are able to beat it with him. That team above should be able to do it, but again I didn't really look up the fight that much. Don't forget to break him and you should be fine.

Regarding your 7 star choice, are you planning on using the UoC ticket to get your 7*? If so, might want to hang on to it for a bit, there are going to be better units than either Rinoa or Orlandeau soon. Though, if you really want a 7*, neither of them are terrible choices.

Reizo Ryuu

Yeah was thinking of using my ticket.
Beat him without your wilhelm, I had this friend 7* marie who's buffs were very clutch.
Rinoa and jensen were doing damage, sephiroth was pretty much just spamming curaga and basch was covering/breaking.

Took a bit, but pretty easy win this way, even got the limit break glasses.
Rinoa is surprisingly versatile. Maybe I don't really need another 7 star right now.

Pejo

Yeah was thinking of using my ticket.
Beat him without your wilhelm, I had this friend 7* marie who's buffs were very clutch.
Rinoa and jensen were doing damage, sephiroth was pretty much just spamming curaga and basch was covering/breaking.

Took a bit, but pretty easy win this way, even got the limit break glasses.
Rinoa is surprisingly versatile. Maybe I don't really need another 7 star right now.
Congrats!

Yea if you haven't hit any walls, it's probably best to just wait with the UoC. Plus, SE/Gumi just sent out a tweet this morning that they're doing something about UoC "soon", so you might want to wait it out until you see what they're up to.

EDarkness

I did a pull in Global and got my 4th Wilhelm! Ugh. I guess I can get his STMR now. Man, my pull luck in this game has been ass for a long time now. It's not that I haven't gotten rainbows, it's just they've all been the same ones. I mean, I had 0 Fryevia units, now I have 3. I had 2 Wilhelms, now I have 4. I had one Noctis, now I have 4. I had 0 Zargs, now I have 2. It's strange. Off banner stuff that I don't use keeps cursing me. It's funny out of all of the 5* units I don't have (I don't have the original Ramza, for instance), I keep getting the same ones.

Oh well, I'm probably in too deep at this point to stop playing, but I sure want to....

evangd007

Burned my last 4 10+1 tickets and got Orlandu #4 and Beatrix #2 and #3. So... do I Super TMR now?

Edit: I don't know about you E EDarkness but I am more than pleased to get off banner dupes 5*s in the 7* era.

Last edited:

Pejo

Burned my last 4 10+1 tickets and got Orlandu #4 and Beatrix #2 and #3. So... do I Super TMR now?

Edit: I don't know about you E EDarkness but I am more than pleased to get off banner dupes 5*s in the 7* era.
Orlandu's STMR is a straight upgrade to Excalibur, no reason not to, if you're planning on using light chainers at all. He's got possibly one of the biggest chaining families, so it should be easy to find chain partners.

Pejo

So it seems they are giving us a free 7* through the upcoming raid. He prolly won't be amazing, but his tmrs look good.
Some of the raid freebies were actually pretty good for their time, this might be a similar thing. I'm just loving the XP and Gil I'm getting from back to back raids, so keep it coming.

As for the banner, this is a solid super pass from me.

EDarkness

Leo was my main tank in JP when he first came out. I hope they buff him up in this event. In JP this event was a raid and not a Mog King. It's funny that they'll have another Mog King event when they have one going on right now. I'll definitely 7* Leo if he isn't nerfed. The other units have useful TMRs if I remember correctly. Not sure how much I'm gonna pull on this one. Estark is great, though.

Pejo

Well extended maintenance this morning. Looks likely to be that they accidentally added Shantotto and Shadowlord to the 7* selector pool before the banner ended.

CANNOT HAVE NICE THINGS FOR PLAYERS! - Gumi, probably

Anyways, I'm excited to see either:

-What compensation they give us for the recent fuckups or
-The community explode when they give us shit compensation or don't fix the UoC situation for GL.

Either way, I'm excited about the next few days.

Reizo Ryuu

Maintenance completely screwed me over, I literally had one step left on the dx step up, which I wanted to do today. Pretty much got screwed out of a possible 7* marchenko.

Anywhere I can complain about this bs, cause this is pretty much 15k lapis wasted.

evangd007

Hey Gumi, events run Friday to Thursday right? Then why the hell do you sometimes randomly end events a day early? I didn't get a chance to do the step ups or the Marchenko fight.

evangd007

Seriously, I might not even play for a few weeks what with being bitter about the premature event ending and terminally disinterested in FFXI and DQ.

Pejo

Maintenance completely screwed me over, I literally had one step left on the dx step up, which I wanted to do today. Pretty much got screwed out of a possible 7* marchenko.

Anywhere I can complain about this bs, cause this is pretty much 15k lapis wasted.
You can try customer support, not sure that they'll do anything, but it's worth a shot. Go to "Menu" (book icon on the main screen) and then Customer Support in the bottom right. Pick a category then click the little text message icon in the very top right of the screen.

Hey Gumi, events run Friday to Thursday right? Then why the hell do you sometimes randomly end events a day early? I didn't get a chance to do the step ups or the Marchenko fight.
Yea ending it a day early is a very unusual move by them. Just another bad decision of late.

EDarkness

Okay. I thought something was off about it. Man, these guys really suck....

Oh damn. I just read the maint. info and they really did go into people's accounts and remove those 5* units from their list. That's just...damn. Wow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom