• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeke

Banned
jett said:
Yes, an arbitrary final score that entirely disregards two 8.0's and a 8.5 is loads better.

But at least they allow for the reviewers personal opinion to shine through.

LakeEarth said:
I love how Jeff is the only reviewer that has problems with the controls.
Maybe all of the other review sites were paid off by Nintendo and Jeff was the only one to tell it like it is. I'm just sayin'...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
omg, he thought donkey kong country, ice hockey, and pong were better than this??? I can't believe he didn't think about comparing this score to scores he gave to games years ago!

I can't believe he didn't inflate the score on aspects of the game that he didn't think were spectacular just to bring up the final average.

My opinion after having thought about what this game is like is better than his because he's fat. Even though people say that i'm big boned, at least I don't allow cameras into my parent's basement. He has documented fatness on the internetz.

Why did they have him review it? They could have used one of the other 5 guys that we cyclically complain about. Why not Kasavin? He's still another 4 months from his next bad cycle!

***** *** ***** buttman **** **** perma**** his *** with ****-*** weird midgety guy I met at Sam's Club ***** **** licking **** ***** ***hole mother****ing *********** **** hot sexual ***** ** ***** **** buttsecks ****** ***** up his *** with a forklift! And one more ******************** for good measure!!!!

you guys need to not get so bent out of shape over a review :) . Although it's fun to watch.

this thread: 10/10

Grecco

ferrarimanf355 said:
Maybe all of the other review sites were paid off by Nintendo and Jeff was the only one to tell it like it is. I'm just sayin'...

Keep going, your going for the "joke character" moniker arent you? We need more Drinky Crows anyways

jett

D-Member
Xeke said:
But at least they allow for the reviewers personal opinion to shine through.

You could look at Jeff's tilt score of 10. Matt didn't give TP a single 10 in any category. :p

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
jett said:
Yes, an arbitrary final score that entirely disregards two 8.0's and a 8.5 is loads better.

In many cases, it is. Especially when the only ratings are based on graphics, sound, gameplay and value. I'm not suggesting this is the case with TP, having not played it, but games are often more than the sum of their parts, and review scores that are averaged can't reflect that.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ferrarimanf355 said:

Or maybe certain people saw him (attempt) to play Wii last week and knew he shouldn't have allowed to be within 100 yeards of the Zelda reviews.

Ashodin

briefcasemanx said:
omg, he thought donkey kong country, ice hockey, and pong were better than this??? I can't believe he didn't think about comparing this score to scores he gave to games years ago!

I can't believe he didn't inflate the score on aspects of the game that he didn't think were spectacular just to bring up the final average.

My opinion after having thought about what this game is like is better than his because he's fat. Even though people say that i'm big boned, at least I don't allow cameras into my parent's basement. He has documented fatness on the internetz.

Why did they have him do it? They could one of the other 5 guys that we cyclically complain about. Why not Kasavin? He's still another 4 months from his next bad cycle!

***** *** ***** buttman **** **** perma**** his *** with ****-*** weird midgety guy I met at Sam's Club ***** **** licking **** ***** ***hole mother****ing *********** **** hot sexual ***** ** ***** **** buttsecks ****** ***** up his *** with a forklift! And one more ******************** for good measure!!!!

this thread: 10/10

And yet another Dreamcast 2 avatar goes under BANNINATION FO SHO

Seems like its a target!

Grecco said:
Keep going, your going for the "joke character" moniker arent you? We need more Drinky Crows anyways
It's only a hypothetical theory. It was either that or a blowjob from Shiggy, I assume... and what's a Drinky Crow?

Xeke

Banned
jett said:
You could look at Jeff's tilt score of 10. Matt didn't give TP a single 10 in any category. :p

Tell that to the masses. They aren't concerned with a "tilt" score, thats just the way it unfortunately is.

I'm curious about the score the GC version is going to get from Jeff. I mean, there are going to be no "tacked" Wii controls, and the graphics and sound will be judged for a system with inferior specs.

LM4sure

Banned
People, calm down. It's only a review. Why the hell do you all take this so seriously? Leave the personal insults out of it. How does this reviewer being obese have anything to do with his score?

It's just one opinion. Many other reviews say the game is great. And 8.8 is a good score. Calm down.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
gamergirly said:
Seems like that IGN score has calmed everyone down. Good :). Now we can go camp out for the Wii this weekend

I dunno, I think there is still a lot more hate to be vented still.

variance

wow, don't get me wrong, zelda is my favorite franchise, but i was hoping something like this would happen.

this thread is why.

jett

D-Member
Gigglepoo said:
I don't know what Tilt means...

It's a "fun" meter, or the general "feeling" the reviewer had.

BUBUBUT JEFF HATES TP LOLOLOLOL. God, GAF will be made immensely better by tomorrow morning. Thank you Gamespot, thank you.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
variance said:
wow, don't get me wrong, zelda is my favorite franchise, but i was hoping something like this would happen.

this thread is why.

Nothing brings out the crazies like an under-rating of their favorite game series.

MegaTen

Banned
gsm169loztpwiivr111706fw1.jpg
:lol

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
jett said:

BUBUBUT JEFF HATES TP LOLOLOLOL. God, GAF will be made immensely better by tomorrow morning. Thank you Gamespot, thank you.

Heh, like the alcoholic that has to hit rock bottom before he can repent?

I look forward to the reborn GAF in a few hours.

Xeke

Banned
jett said:

Once again, it doesn't appease the average gamer.

FightyF

Banned
gimmmick said:
Perfect dark zero is a better launch title than zelda huh? :lol

It has better online play.

I had to...the rate of posts were slowing down after the IGN review came up

KarishBHR

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is, in my opinion, the greatest Zelda game ever created and one of the best launch titles in the history of launch titles – second only, perhaps, to the at-the-time ground-breaking Super Mario 64. It is also one of the finest games I have ever played. The experience is made better and not worse on Wii. The Wii remote and nunchuk add accuracy and speed to exploration and combat for a heightened sense of immersion.

Sold

Ganondorfo

briefcasemanx said:
what do you think would be worse: This, MGS4, or HAlo 3 getting an 8.8?

MGS3 got a 8.6 from kasavin, so I doubt that they will score mgs4 higher, always on the 8.5-8.9 range

and Halo 3 will get what halo 2 deserved a 7.9.

sarcasm btw lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
briefcasemanx said:
what do you think would be worse: This, MGS4, or HAlo 3 getting an 8.8?

It is hard to say, but in my estimation the all-time insane review thread was that JP debacle a few months back.

jett

D-Member
alistairw said:
Heh, like the alcoholic that has to hit rock bottom before he can repent?

I look forward to the reborn GAF in a few hours.

No. Some of you will find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom